Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What do you want to see in the expansion?

Features or content?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Features or content?

• I want to see features prioritized over content
    • I want to see content prioritized over features
    • I want to see a balance of both features and content

1. Ai way finding enhancement .

2. Ai precision adaption

3. Infantry Damage adaption (it simply isn´t cool to have to empty a quarter mag to ground an enemy under 200m)

4. better Vehicle Dmg system

and now the really important things

1. proper documentation of scripting commands and their possibilities

2. A whole moding tool suite specially tailored for A3 .

Removal of third person. Why would you have them remove a feature that is optional? So everyone's forced to play the way you like? Selfish much.

I perfere 1st person, guess what I do? Go to hardcore servers.

I prefer 1st Person too. Guess what I do ? I run a Hardcore server :p

Why would I want 1st person removed ?

Because its an outdated system that does not reflect a game geared to milsim.

It makes the Arma series an arcade style game, causing new players to the series to feel the default 3rd person view is the way its played and that the 1st person is just for Elitists.

Removal of the 3rd person would tend toward a more baseline game play across all servers.

But hey I know too many use it, so BIS won't go that way, Doesn't mean I can't wish :)

-better character collision detection with objects. Less "falling on the stairs" or "step over the door/wall or rock" glitches. Less stuck in the building ruins.

-better mid-range textures

-less unnecessary LOD or texture swaps(glitching)

-better action handling(actions should appear based on what are you looking, not what is nearby)

-environment based sounds

-vehicle interior

After that:

-better armor simulation for vehicles

-better AI(less stupid things)

If I had to give my main wish it would be for the feature to cross servers so we can tie lots of servers together like Second Life to make big MP campaigns like in Heroes and Generals.

Also, I would like to see more real world assets that we can relate to. Plus features relating to the lobby. I dont know why there wasnt more done with the lobby at launch for A3. Its too much the same as A2 for me.

• Some way to choose / adjust vehicle payload and fuel. With the new advanced flight model it is sometimes necessary to lower the weight of an aircraft by draining fuel, and choosing different armaments has obvious advantages.

• Boeing "Speed-Agile" concept stealth C-130 thingy :P http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/americas/15381-speed-agile.html

A new chopper like ab ebhabced version of the MH-53M would be good too!

And a new faction like an enhanced French army with FELIN system and the EC-665 Tiger!

I'd like to see women in the expansion pack, purely so those god damn "Ladies shades" actually have someone to wear them other than some of the cross-dressers that play this game.

Is an expansion, in the traditional sense, even coming? It's hard to tell reading the roadmap in the link.

Is an expansion, in the traditional sense, even coming? It's hard to tell reading the roadmap in the link.

Yea they have confirmed this many times in many different places, from the looks of things the expansion is going to be like Operation Arrowhead from ArmA 2, with new terrain, vehicles, weapons, factions, ect.

since the focus of the dlc is marksmanship - "terrain improvement" thread

- "rendering grass at long distance" thread

would fit right in

also improved lighting for night vsion would fit in just fine for stealth or any night shooting at all:D

.......Bolt Animation ;)

Yea they have confirmed this many times in many different places, from the looks of things the expansion is going to be like Operation Arrowhead from ArmA 2, with new terrain, vehicles, weapons, factions, ect.
The main known difference is that the expansion won't be standalone.

.......Bolt Animation ;)

What about manual bolting like in Red orchestra where after you fire your weapon you need to left mouse click again to manually cycle the bolt. This imo creates a sublime shooting experience that is incredibly tactile.

Improvements to vehicle weapons of all types (top attack for missiles, PROPER AND WORKING firing control systems to vehicle turrets like what ACE2 had, etc), reworked radar and compass for vehicles and maybe some more work on SAMs/AA and SEAD.

More artillery units and an expansion of artillery features in general.

Even if there are completely new factions, I'd still like a few new vehicles for each side, MLRS for CSAT would be amazing.

Also why not finally bring in some of the unreleased assets, AMOS and (more controversially) the railgun tank haha

Improvements to vehicle weapons of all types (top attack for missiles, PROPER AND WORKING firing control systems to vehicle turrets like what ACE2 had, etc), reworked radar and compass for vehicles and maybe some more work on SAMs/AA and SEAD.

Proper defense systems for tanks!

1. Much more battlefield banter from the troops with aggressive tones, panicked; unsure etc.. and more than anything -relevant. No more constant "Go! I'm covering!". just say things that you are actually doing ie "Suppressing!!" while actually suppressing.

2. More Ik type hit reactions -even if it isn't realistic for a body to jerk, fall, blow back in opposite direction of projectile -it's far more appealing than the torso-twitch hit reaction that we have now. Blood spurts (also in opposite direction) and wall stains another plus.

3. Waterfalls, creeks and brooks. Needed to break up monotany of landscapes and add that special emo place feeling to sit and ponder with #3.

4. Better crash effects to both vehicle as in slight to severe deformation rather than bye bye wheel as well as windshield breaks etc when hitting a pedestrian (who should also squeak)

5. 2d map buildings that are accurate in scale to 3d world. Floors added for waypoint placement and understanding for AI. majority to all buildings designed with AI in mind meaning all outside corners should have cover nodes as well as interior doorways and windows. New behaviour for AI to lean out and up of windows/doors as well. Mg'ers firing from planted windows should have increased aim etc et al

6. Replace all AI shoutouts to cardinal or compass direction exclusively. "Left!" don't mean jack

7. More animations for Civvie AI such as shouting, screaming, panicking, riling up as in mob riot etc...

8. Bears. And women.

yes! bears! what's wrong with bears?!

and deer. just in general some more and bigger wild life with simple but better than now AI. i always hated that the boar in arma 2 for example didn't run away like the rabbits do. for some reason none of the animals behaved like the rabbit in terms of fleeing.

Edited by Bad Benson

We're getting dangerously close to "fish AI" territory here… (lol). But I agree it would be nice to see some more natural wildlife (besides rabbits and snakes, we only have domesticated animals like dogs and chickens right now). Anybody know what kind of other wildlife is common in the Mediterranean?

Back on topic, I would really like to see some sort of improved communications systems. Like a Satellite Datalink or something.

Basically, if you had SADL capabilities (squad leader with a PDA, pilot/vehicle commander, etc) you would have access to a simple interface that allows for the storing of simple data.

The interface would be very similar to the Inventory. A lefthand side would have a list of all entries, and the selected entry would expand to fill the right hand side of the interface.

The basic entry would be a simple text entry. The "subject"/title would be displayed on the left, perhaps along with the original sender of the data. Once opened, the text would be displayed on the right hand side of the screen.

This would allow for text orders to be distributed more easily to subgroups, no matter the size (anything from a commander talking to the leader of a full squad, to a squad leader communicating calling CAS from a single unit, or communicating with a separated fire team that's a subunit of their squad).

Entries could be sent to single or multiple groups or units, broadcast globally, etc.

Other, more specialized entries could contain more detailed information such as map-linked coordinates and could be used to give specific instructions for CAS, coordinates/instructions for artillery, record intel, etc.

Eventually it would be nice to see a more fleshed out intelligence system for coordinating via the map, adding/updating known enemy positions, etc. but I would be happy with just getting a simple text-message based framework for now.

1. -Animations, we lack a lot of animations. I would love to see the mags when the guy reloads instead of seeing the mag just when it's attached. The animation for bolt rifles, for medical assistance, FATIGUE... just i.e.'s of a long list.
  2. -A propper fatigue system, with propper animations, and propper sway
  3. -A decent damage system. for infantry and vehicles. I would love to see that the armor changes between face and mask, or between the front part of the vest and the side ones that doesn't give protection behind the arm...
    Also the vehicle damage system. In this game, you crash a hunter into a pick-up, and you will both explode instantly. Come on, it's so hard to blow up a car without explosives. Would love to see this fixed.
  4. -Car handling and physics, at the moment, the car handling and physics are pretty poor.
  5. -A more woodish, and green map. I am bored of the dry greek altis.... i simply cannot play it anymore...
  6. -As i read over there, ballistics would be great.
  7. -And also, imho, i would love to see not so much futuristic gear. Like a more normal csat, without those respirators and star trek helmets... one pair of normal tactical glasses without a tv screen there... you know... :bb:
  8. -------But all over this, i think it's pretty clear. OPTIMIZATION. This game priority is the optimization, and it's going to be 2 years, and still people with huge machines, struggle to get constant framerates...

Edited by fons

Seeing how its not in the DLC.

BOLT action rifles and more importantly bolt action animations for modders to utilize.

Even better, manual bolting like in Red orchestra 2.