Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What do you want to see in the expansion?

Features or content?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Features or content?

• I want to see features prioritized over content
    • I want to see content prioritized over features
    • I want to see a balance of both features and content

More Infantry weapons:

US Army Uses MX US Marines use......?

Proper Disposable AT systems

Smaller caliber (30.06,.308) bolt action sniper rifles with proper bolt animations

More attachments (and please fix the MRCO bug)

New Vehicles

Future US equipment (Why? WHY is the US army using so much Isralie equipment?) Strykers, M1A3, MGV varients

NATO heavy gunship to match CSAT Kajman

More watercraft (not nessicarly huge Naval ships though)

Give each faction a transport plane for some sweet paratrooper/HALO/HAHO/resupply action (Also make these planes work with the resupply support module)

CSAT subfactions

2035 PLA with their own rifles and other gear (no bug helmets and no magically armored fatigues)

Russian Military Advisors

Rebels

Using older gear like AKs and m16 a1 and a2 and even some seriously vintage weapons (Lee Enfields, M14s etc)

The new map could have some walkable offshore oil platforms or large (immobile) oil tankers to give mission makers more candy

And finally, more sandbox things like Army tents, antennas and such the like

In other news, has anyone seen any confirmed content? RobertHammer posted on page one "Chinese CSAT - Check" did he see this somewhere?

I would really like that THEY FIX THEIR BROKEN GAME! Theres so much stuff in the game that other companies wouldnt even publish in an Alpha.

The effects still look like from the year 2000, the animation system is only half way build in (soldier turning withtout moving their feet, bolt action rifles reloading themselves magically without help of any of the soldiers hands, f*cked up hit animations and so on and so on and so on)

I could write an essay over 10 pages about whats absolutely unacceptably broken in Arma 3. It wont change so why bother.

What Arma really needs, way stronger than an Addon, is a competitioner who shows them how its really done. Then we might finally see a polished well designed wanna-be-simulation.

Oh btw: Bipods missing since Operation Flashpoint. But Arma 3 is "infantry focussed". Jeah sure...

I'd like to see some missions based on real life events.

What Arma really needs, way stronger than an Addon, is a competitioner who shows them how its really done.

This, though real competition might very well be the end of this franchise, if the competitor is mod-friendly and has native Rift-Support (which would mean it has to have a really good engine performance wise). HMDs will change the game towards less hectic shooters is my prediction. Cant wait for Oculus CV1.

bit late but what the hell. PLS BI, make a jungle map with large hills...something akin to say SE Asia (Vietnam, cambodia, laos, etc) complete with a river system. We need proper jungle and rivers. We also need proper weapon resting (how you could release a game without it is ridiculous). A lot of servers don't allow mods so we need all this stuff built into ARMA 3...not patched through external mods.

An island that's not all male would be nice.

Also, a revamped and improved medical system, medevac choppers, more civilian vehicles like police cars, ambulances, buses, or just stuff civs would drive like vans, motorcycles, and sedans or even a sports car. Also, a police station to accomodate the police cars and the existing police boats would be nice. Then, assuming the expansion takes place in the Pacific, we're gonna need a full army's materials to show it. Fighter jets, fixed wing transport, light vehicles at home base to compliment the MRAPs, a CSAT rocket battery, and shotguns.

Here are the things I believe should be added/fixed in Arma 3, note I`ve been here since the alpha. In no particular order here it is:

Things Arma 3 Need:

1. Fast Roping

2. More Jets(F-35/F-22/F-18, and CSAT jet(s) preferably fighter jets.

3. Large fixed wing aircraft(such a B-17 Globemaster for paradrops and transporting large supplies/vehicles.

4. More weapon attachments such as working bipods, dual mags, lasers/flashlights for pistols, perhaps built in silencers for a variant of the MX, such as how the MP5s works. And being able to attachment Laser and flashlight both at once.

5. Overhaul the AI, such as jsut being plain terrible *No-clipping through walls, being just stupid

6. More weapons/vehicles

7. Animations for getting into/out of EVERY vehicle, not just teleporting into them, like you walk into and down the isle to your seat in the Chinook.

8. More advanced animations and movement for AI soldiers/Better idling poses/animations.

9. 3D editor, and editor improvements, such as everything in the editor is on a 1:1 scale!

10. Perhaps a Chinese/Asian faction?

11. Bombers, such as the B-2 Spirit.

12. Women/Kid civilians. More civilian vehicles.

13. Better health and hit system, such as if shot in leg you can`t run or walk.

14. Gunners actually move the turret instead of tele-kinesis

15. Improve the fatigue system, running 25m will fatigue you in full combat gear..I`m pretty sure any soldier that is even AVERAGE could run at least 400m, and if they`re athletic probably a few miles. Which they do in training actually.

16. Naval ships, such as carriers or LHDs for mission start points.

17. Being able to open and leave open heli doors.

18. Being able to sit on armored vehicles (Yes, while they move, and perhaps sitting in the hatch)

19. Add rivers, mines, and tunnels to Altis.

20. Radar implementation, so players can actually take advantage of "Stealth" aircraft.

Edited by Your_mother

20. Radar implementation, so players can actually take advantage of "Stealth" aircraft.

As interesting as these things might be to have, they really have no place in arma. Stealth and Radar are only effective in BVR combat, at ranges >20nmi (~37km). At ranges less than that, stealth is ineffective and radar is like looking through a straw.

No balancing like in A3, every faction has pretty much equal weapons and vehicles and there is no team that has a real advantage, that sucks.

On top of that generally more content (including civilian).

No more description.ext CTDs when you misplace a ' } '.

Personally I want the focus to be on new features over content. I think that the past few DLC releases and the upcoming Marksman DLC have been awesome and is the right way to go. The community is very good at providing us with more high quality content such as units, entire faction packs and even missions, but it's up to the devs to give us new features that are refined and well implemented. I would much rather see them add something like a 3D editor or a new improved and more realistic vehicle damage model/armor system than a new faction that has probably already been made by the community, or will be shortly.

Here's hoping we get some more official information soon.

Dear BI devs, i heard you guys wanna release a marksman dlc and an expansion, these are what i want to see:

1) I want some realistic Ballistics trajectory like this Advanced Ballistics

2) I want Picture in Picture scope view!

3) I want some freaking Bipod!

4) I want some more long range rifles that chambered in .416 Barrett, .300 Win Mag, 7 mm RUM, 7 mm Rem Mag, 7 mm-08, 6.5x47 mm, etc!

5) I want some mountainous maps like Clafghan!

I'd like a balance, but we've been getting new features with the last DLC and the next one, so I'm okay if we just get content. Honestly, we need the content more right now.

A good island, not needing to be as big as Altis. I'd settle for another Taki/Chernarus sized one.

The island does need a new terrain type, though! This arid and semi-arid stuff is getting old. I am simply not buying another relatively empty and boring terrain from BIS unless it comes with a major engine/feature upgrade. I've said before I want something lush and developing world, and I'm sticking with that desire. Whether that is in Asia or Africa or Latin America, I don't care, though I would put money on Asia being it.

I do hope there's some improvement to how they handle vegetation as well, but that's not a priority, though it should be worked on for A4. The simple FPS-chugging ground clutter sprites, and the concomitant lack of concealment past 50-100m, needs to go, and the terrain probably needs a good decrease in grid size for more detail, if not coming up with a new way to draw far more convincing and appealing close-range terrain.

I'd also like it if BIS would kindly port over and upgrade/touchup the A2 assets so we can play MP with them without mods, maybe with some HK/G/FN additions for the guns.

So just that, I'm happy, assuming Marksman really does add a good bit of new features.

Of course, AI improvements are one feature I'd kill for and which is well needed at this point.

Edited by DNK

New island. With inland waterways( the boats subs and divers go to waste.

Bi pods.(should be in marksman)

Better all around sound. Reverb etc.include fixes modders require.

Ai seeing tracer rounds, want ai not seeing through bushes and smoke. (want more stealth) basically more work on ai in general.

Little things

Scope being separate from the gun when taking from enemy dead bodies. So I don't have to put their gun in my inventory slot just to detach it.

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

The midrange terrain detail. Ruins the beauty of the game so much.

Dear BI devs, i heard you guys wanna release a marksman dlc and an expansion, these are what i want to see:

1) I want some realistic Ballistics trajectory like this Advanced Ballistics

2) I want Picture in Picture scope view!

3) I want some freaking Bipod!

4) I want some more long range rifles that chambered in .416 Barrett, .300 Win Mag, 7 mm RUM, 7 mm Rem Mag, 7 mm-08, 6.5x47 mm, etc!

5) I want some mountainous maps like Clafghan!

I like this.

1- smoother recoil and transition animations.

2- two handed modern walking animation. (Google Russian soldiers, kinda like how they hold their weapons mid mass)

3- MOAR CONTENT.

4- Better sounds.

5- Naval Assets (Bigger Boats)

6- movable static and prop (small enough base parts) placement, via. Backpack deployment or vehicle movement.

7- Current on development aircraft. (Raider, V-240 Valor, AC-143 light gunship thingy?)

8- Meele? Because why not? It's an Infantry focused game. Maybe bring over Dayz Style fist combat, refined and with better animations.

9- Asian Terrain with lots of greenery, waterways and mountains. And many unique locations of interest.

10- A weapons cache. Yes, a weapons cache that adds tons of modern weapons to the game. Ak-12's, to Masada's, to Modern Shotguns, and a whole range of weapons. Have the cache be an editor item, but not given to any faction, unless it's like a civilian based sub faction, like a hunter, or law enforcer.

8- Meele? Because why not? It's an Infantry focused game. Maybe bring over Dayz Style fist combat, refined and with better animations.

Never really found melee to be usefull in ArmA. Whenever i'm that close to an enemy (which rarely ever happens) I would much prefer to just unload into his face than pull out a knife or something and start dancing with him.

Never really found melee to be usefull in ArmA. Whenever i'm that close to an enemy (which rarely ever happens) I would much prefer to just unload into his face than pull out a knife or something and start dancing with him.

Melee is useful for modders.

And if you don't have a gun?

On another note, Arma 3 has an unconscious feature, ONLY used when someone is hit by a moving physX object and survives it. It would be nice if this feature was seen more. I can imagine sneaking up behind someone, punching them in the back, and knocking them unconscious as i continuously beat them to death. I mean, it could take awhile, but it would be so useful to have this if your un-armed, and under equipped.

1 : Weapon resting.

2 : Bis Medical system with revive.

3 : Backblast and disposable ATs.

4 : Removal of 3rd person.

5 : Whitelisted and Blacklisted server & mission name filter option.

1. Better AI (squad and other npc);

2. Integrated voice commands for squad;

3. New quality maps.

1 : Weapon resting .

2 : Bis Medical system with revive.

3 : Backblast and disposable ATs.

4 : Removal of 3rd person.

5 : Whitelisted and Blacklisted server & mission name filter option.

Removal of third person. Why would you have them remove a feature that is optional? So everyone's forced to play the way you like? Selfish much.

I perfere 1st person, guess what I do? Go to hardcore servers.