Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What do you want to see in the expansion?

Features or content?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Features or content?

• I want to see features prioritized over content
    • I want to see content prioritized over features
    • I want to see a balance of both features and content

Since the next up date seems to be focused on long range shooting I have one hope.

I really hope they add mil/moa turrets and get rid of the lame 100m increments.

Combine that with realistic wind and completely reworked artillery that removes the artillery computer and I will be a happy camper.

A medical system would be nice too but I doubt they will change the current vanilla damage system.

I'm doing an Independence class LCS and I agree that we need MANY more water units.

I also have an australian LCM-8 in the works.

Well, i was browsing Youtube because i was bored. Then, the perfect Naval asset presented it'self to me.

This, is the same company i believe who made the AMV-Marshall (BIS's designation in game), the Patria. This boat would be PERFECT. This boat should be in Arma! It would fit the coast patrol so perfectly, and it's a bigger boat more importantly, and for good reason. It doesn't just have to have it's current armament, but the armament in the video, i'm certain i and everyone else would prefer. The naked sea's of Altis and future maps need this.

I think as far as naval assets go, this is an excellent choice. In addition I would also add this version, possibly with HMG RWS, for troop carrying x16 PAX.

As well as this but with more armaments.

I think as far as naval assets go, this is an excellent choice. In addition I would also add this version, possibly with HMG RWS, for troop carrying x16 PAX.

As well as this but with more armaments.

Those are some very nice choices indeed as well. Arma 2 ha a C-130, and AAV as transports, but there are no air or water transports. The three naval assets we mentions would really be perfect additions since Arma 3 has a lot more water than previous ArmA's, and it's under used considering how much time BIS put into overhauling the water basis. That last ship could be the C-130 of the series, expect it's cooler, because it's a boat.

what i want to see in the expansion ?

- more futuristic NATO assets (futuristic m1a1, futuristic apache, futuristic f-16 fighter, futuristic tornado jet, some futuristic european equipment since its a NATO faction, it should not use only US/Israeli assets)

- more futuristic CSAT assets (futuristic t90, su-47 berkut, futuristic mi17, futuristic russian/chinese equipment inlcuding ground vehicles, weapons etc like above)

- new terrain(s) something more in big cities (minihattan project is a example, the guy did an awesome job)

- new civilian assets and more different civilian character models

- cargoplanes

- more sea stuff like destroyer, bigger submarines etc (BI never gave the sea role so much love in arma)

- ABC warfare (atomic, biological, chemical weapons)

- more futuristic NATO assets (futuristic m1a1, futuristic apache, futuristic f-16 fighter, futuristic tornado jet, some futuristic european equipment since its a NATO faction, it should not use only US/Israeli assets)

- more futuristic CSAT assets (futuristic t90, su-47 berkut, futuristic mi17, futuristic russian/chinese equipment inlcuding ground vehicles, weapons etc like above)

I personally don't like the "futuristic remakes" of modern vehicles. I wish they would just use more prototype/Newish vehicles, like the AMV, Comanche, Kamaz Typhoon and Merkava.

I'm looking for an SP campaign, and lots of official SP scenarios. But of course a new jungly island and Chinese units would be welcome as well. :)

Perhaps instead of futuristic we should say more sci-fi. For example the apache has operation since the 1980's and today has more or less the same overall appearance and chances are in its lifespan it won't be changing much aside from adding more gizmo's and possibly some room extensions.

The F-16 block 60 would be the futuristic version of todays. Airframes and whatnot don't drastically change like that once put into production, far too costly. Sci-fi on the other hand lets you do that and also play around with the designs, aerodynamics be damned.

I think more sci-fi assets in an asian environment would kickass!

Mechs

Discos

AI calling in backup, armored and infantry.

Cashshop

AI snipers worth a damn. They should be scary, they are the least scary ones on the field.

Being able to point at an area in the world and everyone in your team sees it (say a white or red box or arrow appearing). Could be used for movement, focusing fire at some enemy or target spotting etc.

Easier way to make AI squads and select them. 9-9-number isnt easy. One hand has to get off its natural position which is bad. Why cant we assign certain teammates to a simple number? Like pressing 1 selects the first 5 teammates or whatever I had configured. Assigning a teamcolor could stay (the 5 colors) but selecting those crews should be simpler.

More hookers.

Some of my suggestions are just words.

Slightly more advanced radar systems, along with Radar Warning Receivers. Doesn't seem like it would be very difficult with the current engine, and would add a lot to the game and take away the obnoxious "magic radar" that is way too easy to use.

Perhaps instead of futuristic we should say more sci-fi. For example the apache has operation since the 1980's and today has more or less the same overall appearance and chances are in its lifespan it won't be changing much aside from adding more gizmo's and possibly some room extensions.

The F-16 block 60 would be the futuristic version of todays. Airframes and whatnot don't drastically change like that once put into production, far too costly. Sci-fi on the other hand lets you do that and also play around with the designs, aerodynamics be damned.

I wont mind if the assets look out of this world, I just hope they will come with some new game play opportunities.

Underground elements to maps - tunnels, underpasses, metros, car parks. More urban, enterable and destructable buildings (dams, office blocks, housing etc) in larger city maps, along with some form of random map generator.

Not sure how intelligent the civilians are in the game but maybe simple people models with just the ability to walk, run about madly, cower/hide (where threatened) and die to limit the overhead on the CPU, which would be nice to have offloaded/distributed to another thread/core/system.

cj

Personally, I'd love to stay far away from Sci-Fi until ArmA 4. Then they can bring in all the aliens and super lasers if they want. But for now, basically an extension for existing units. Mohawk? Mohawk armed. Speedboat Minigun? Medium Patrol Boat, Medium Naval Transport, Large Naval Transport with helipad to fit one small/Medium Helo (LCS). Armed Patrol Boat. New Asian Faction? EC-155 Medium heli, Adaptive CSAT Camo, T-99 MBT, Chinese MRAP, Chinese Medium Patrol/Attack boats. Off-road vehicles, Armed Range Rovers, Amphibious civilian cars (china has those), an advanced Carrier out at sea? Amphibious prop aircraft. More civilian helicopters as high detail as the TKOH MD-500. Ability to use TrueSKY snow features if the wheather is set in the winter months,

*New terrain, similar size to Altis with different climate. Maybe something like Bornholm, maybe something like Cherno, or maybe something like Zargabad, though I wouldn't be against seeing some snow, either.

*Vehicles. Boats, especially, and some more planes and helicopters. A few new civilian cars. Railgun tank.

*New emplacements (Static weapons). At the least, an M2 12.7mm HMG.

*New weapons, some lower tech, some higher. Eg, AK-12, XM29 (Or something like it, with the magazine-fed 20mm underslung), AKM, AR-15 (Incl. a civilian version?), maybe an M240 for NATO.

*A new faction to suit the new map. Some ideas:

**A new branch of CSAT, which represents the Chinese? Perhaps 3 new Mandarin voices, a new skin for the existing CSAT vehicles, and a few more Asian faces.

**Russia? CSTE?

**Local government & citizens of the new terrain?

*Some new features, but nothing in particular yet. Perhaps attaching parachutes to vehicles so they can activate when that vehicle is released from a slingload? Taru switching out its pods? Ability to make holes in the map while designing the map, so that you can make caves? And along with that, better AI movement in buildings so they don't wallhack or get stuck?

Playable towns & cities!

As for now, I gave up on Altis and only play Stratis and AiA maps : framerate-wise, it's the only way for me to enjoy Arma3.

- GEO LOD limit over 60 meters

- Better radar simulation

- Ammo "shotmissile" simulation compatible with artillery computer.

- Possibility to use vehicle weapons via dialogs.

- Sonar

- A new multiisland map

Oh, also BI, if fog could be white this time instead of blue, that would be GREAT (especially if it is an Asian terrain. Fighting in misty bamboo forests? Count me in).

Don't care about content. So i'll post features only:

- Significantly improved damage modelling for ALL vehicles;

- Advanced wounding system;

- Proper body armor simulation;

- Proper simulation of effects of non-lethal bullet hits on human and AI characters;

- Advanced Flight Model;

- Improved Weapon Systems modelling (for Air units specially, no need for uber realism, just something other than TAB-FIRE);

- Advanced tank and APC gunnery simulation;

- Advanced destruction models for terrain and objects;

- Bipod and weapon resting simulation;

- Larger map, with smaller towns (VBS is proving the engine can do it);

- Better AI road pathfinding;

- AI urban combat (assaulting buildings);

What?? I can dream...

Proper tank handling. Somehow like Take on Helicopters for Arma did, just with tanks:

* realistic and detailed interiors for various positions

* AI drivers just do what they are ordered by a player commander, no matter whether it is 'good' for the tank or not

* binocolars can be used from a turned-out commander position (useful for older mod-tanks)

Proper tank handling. Somehow like Take on Helicopters for Arma did, just with tanks:

* realistic and detailed interiors for various positions

* AI drivers just do what they are ordered by a player commander, no matter whether it is 'good' for the tank or not

* binocolars can be used from a turned-out commander position (useful for older mod-tanks)

^ ^ This, plus:

• female units (soldiers and civilians)
  • furniture
  • animals that move at normal speed (at least as they did in A2), not slo-mo
  • wounding system more like OFP, where units wounded in legs cannot walk, and crawl instead of just die
  • advanced vehicle damage models (like IFL44, but better)
  • intel modules that are not auto-activated when synced to switch triggers (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20544)
  • as I wrote here before, SP campaign and several official BI SP scenarios, both of which include some armored vehicle combat

[*] wounding system more like OFP, where units wounded in legs cannot walk, and crawl instead of just die

Yes! The current slow-mo walking thing looks so stupid...

Scripting command to release the handbrake on parked cars.

A trailer for the HEMTT tractor (and the scripting commands to allow other hitching of objects)

i think this poll is useless, doesnt give the devs much idea at all..

basically this should just go in the wishlist thread

For me:

More expansion on the naval side, such as landing craft and fire support vessels and walking on moving vehicles.

Ability to tow things.

Asian archipelago to fight over with these things.

Marine units for both NATO/ANZAC and CSAT.

A campaign for each side that follows the CSAT attack and then the NATO takeback.