subroc

Sub Insurgents - Middle east irregulars

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Subroc! First of all: Thanks for your mod! It has become a substantial part of our mod collection :) I have one thing to ask you though: Using your insurgent units as playable units breaks the ACE3 eventhandlers atm. So you can't use the self interaction or the interaction menu. The ACE3 devs say it happens when 3rd party mods don't fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH). Could you add XEH support to your mod? This would be awesome :) 

Hey Subroc! First of all: Thanks for your mod! It has become a substantial part of our mod collection :) I have one thing to ask you though: Using your insurgent units as playable units breaks the ACE3 eventhandlers atm. So you can't use the self interaction or the interaction menu. The ACE3 devs say it happens when 3rd party mods don't fully support CBA Extended Eventhandlers (XEH). Could you add XEH support to your mod? This would be awesome :)

I sit in the same chatroom as subroc and can confirm he been working with a lot of new combinations of uniforms (and randomization scripts) but the best is of course it will use CBA and should work fine with ACE 3.

Will see if I can help him out this week to speed the config work up a bit.

• Like 1

thx gQ for the headsup, i rarely surf the forum after the "improvement/upgrade" my eyes cant stand it ;)

right now the units doesnt use any eventhandlers except inherited BIS default for random headgear, guess that could be the problem. Will look in to it and se if i can release a fix together with Zeus compatiability in a couple of days.

Right now im working on a new version sorta like 2.0, with helluva lot more factions and some more "regular" units. This is already CBA compatible but have whole new classname convention and will not be backwards compatible with sub_insurgents V1.x missions.

have you tried:

"WORKAROUND: The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO that you can activate to help resolve these situations.
1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder
2. Restart Arma."

Edit:

What is the problem you are experiencing? I have tested with @RHS, @RHSUSF, @CBA, @ACE3 and @sub_insurgents (v1.21) in the editor and for me the interactionmenues are working. Do you use any other addon that tries to add XEH to my units?

Edited by subroc
  • Like 1

We have been using this great OPFOR mod for many months now, especially because of the small size and units represented.

Had an entire campaign set in the jungle using your pack for Drug Cartel enemy.

Yesterday was configuring an ALiVE map and initially thought your mod wasn't supported as it doesn't appear listed on the ALiVE Wiki supported factions. Then discovered by chance it does work with ALiVE......great.

Quick question do you have any plans to add Civilians? I only ask because of ALiVE. Or are they already in this mod and I haven't yet found the class name?

Thanks again for all your hard work, much appreciated by us.

hi and thanks

I have though of civilians for sub_insurgents, i might make a simple reconfig of BIS civs to put the afr, eu and me civs in their own factions to be used with ALIVE.

Right now im putting all effort to my next addon workname "sub_aggressors" it will include civs (first releases only reconfed BIS civs). The D/L size will increase from 72kb to ~800MB but this will include AF, EU and ME factions for all three sides with custom textures incl vehicles. It will also include AF EU and ME factions of "regular" troops. As i stated earlier that addon will not be backwardscompatible with missions made for sub_insurgents so i will probably keep releasing updates for this addon whenever BIS makes gamebraking patches.

• Like 1

Subroc many thanks for your reply and the detail about your future mod plans.

Sounds like you have set yourself plenty to do over the coming winter months, wish you best of luck and your mod already gives the community a lot of fun.

hi and thanks

I have though of civilians for sub_insurgents, i might make a simple reconfig of BIS civs to put the afr, eu and me civs in their own factions to be used with ALIVE.

Right now im putting all effort to my next addon workname "sub_aggressors" it will include civs (first releases only reconfed BIS civs). The D/L size will increase from 72kb to ~800MB but this will include AF, EU and ME factions for all three sides with custom textures incl vehicles. It will also include AF EU and ME factions of "regular" troops. As i stated earlier that addon will not be backwardscompatible with missions made for sub_insurgents so i will probably keep releasing updates for this addon whenever BIS makes gamebraking patches.

That's good to hear! I really like your mod because of it's small size.

hi and thanks

seriously to 800 mb??

Hey wanted to check by and ask if there is a way to get the units headgear work properly again. With RHS and CBA updated in the last weeks / days the heagear of all units is a shemagh ... and it has a wrong texture (some kind of desert camo helmet).