Sign in to follow this  
evrik

Advice needed on correcting Surface info errors

Hello all,

I am attempting to remove the following errors being generated from the Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled mod.

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\rubber.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\plastic.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\armor_11mm.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\armor_7mm.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\armor_5mm.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\fabricP.bisurf'

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\mattress.bisurf'

Having opened the .pbo it is clear that no files exist at that location. There is no ca\data\penetration folder with those .bisurf files. There is a penetration folder within the main Hafm folder, so I believe that the surface info should be looking at:

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\rubber.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\plastic.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_11mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_7mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_5mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\fabricP.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\mattress.bisurf'

or the corresponding .rvmat file. How would I go about changing the .p3d’s of the Jackals to look at the correct location for these files? I have tried altering all references of the ca\data\penetration within the binarized .p3d using notepad++, and the .rvmats of the materials in question to look at:

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\rubber.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\plastic.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_11mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_7mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\armor_5mm.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\fabricP.bisurf'

‘Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\Penetration\mattress.bisurf'

Instead of ca\data\....

However this does not seem to work, presumably because they are binarised? Is that correct?

I have since managed to find the unbinarised versions of the mod files, but if anyone has any knowledge of modelling, I would love to know how I would go about altering the unpacked version so that these errors do not occur, or if indeed there is an easier way to resolve the problem.

Thanks.

evrik I was having a think about this and instead of trying to re-point the files could you not copy them and create a new ca\data\pentration file for them to look to instead?

evrik I was having a think about this and instead of trying to re-point the files could you not copy them and create a new ca\data\penetration file for them to look to instead?

You could do that but.....why not point them to the new ones in ARMA 3 ???

You should re-path the rvmats in the models to "a3\data_f\penetration\...". Most of the files have the same name , but a few may be missing, in which case just point it to the closest match. I think something like 'armor_5mm.rvmat' should become 'armour_plate_5mm.rvmat'. That should solve the issue of missin bisurf files.

Edited by pastor399

What is the best way to re-path them? Is it even possible to re-path the binarized .rvmat files?

What is the best way to re-path them? Is it even possible to re-path the binarized .rvmat files?

You shouldn't change the paths inside the rvmat, open the models and change the path of the rvmat from ones inside the HAFM pbo's to the ones in default ARMA 3.