Sign in to follow this  
Coolinator

How to Host Dedicated server on arma 3 on steam????

I've downloaded TADST tool, i hosted my mission but it only shows in "LAN" not in "INTERNET". Anyone knows how can i add host a dedicated server on steam so that my mission will be visible in the Internet list?

I would try and Googling a bit more:

Sorry that was a asshole thing to say, watch this and make sure your doing everything right, but it would make sense that it's LAN considering your hosting it on your local computer, but I used TADST a loooonnnnggg time ago in A2, so I don't know what the issue could be:

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

Actually reading through this may be beneficial as well.

Edited by JShock

I would try and Googling a bit more:

Sorry that was a asshole thing to say, watch this and make sure your doing everything right, but it would make sense that it's LAN considering your hosting it on your local computer, but I used TADST a loooonnnnggg time ago in A2, so I don't know what the issue could be:

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

Actually reading through this may be beneficial as well.

this is where i got the tadst tool, and i watched and followed every steps, my server only shows up in Lan, not in Internet list :(

Yea it may just be that Steam doesn't support "private" servers, like Gamespy did previously, but since Gamespy is now down and out there may not be a way to host a dedicated private, but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong there.

Yea it may just be that Steam doesn't support "private" servers, like Gamespy did previously, but since Gamespy is now down and out there may not be a way to host a dedicated private, but I'm sure someone will prove me wrong there.

Oh really you cant host dedicated servers anymore?

Well, like I said my wording or assumption may be off, but I do know for a fact that you can't go into A3 server browser and host a new session private to your machine without a lot of hassle with port forwarding and such, it's not simply click to host anymore.

make sure you forward your ports

2302 and 2303

How do i forward ports? i've never done it before. :(

ahh okay i figured it out now finally after 5 hours searching how to port forward lol thnx! :)

For those who needs help i put a quick tutorial:

watch this:

Now when ur on the porting part, everyone will have different kind of porting styles depending on their modem or router.

Just type in ur ip adress in any internet browser, then it will ask you for admin or password, jsut look at the background and look for any brand name, when u find the brand name for example like mine Arris, then go to passwordrouters.com or you go to google just type your modem brand name, for example "Arris user and password", they will give you list of users and passwords just try all of them until one of them works, then start adding ports!!!

add 4 different types of ports:<< down below>>

2302 (Arma3 Game port)

2303 (Steam Server Query, always Game port + 1)

2305 (Voice over Net)

8766 (Steam Master port)

THen use TADST to host!!!

Hey!

You can't use TADST to port forward. Each ISP (Internet Service Provider) has a different setup for configuration advanced options such as port forwarding.

What ISP are you using? That'd help us get you more information.

Awaiting your reply! :)

All of these years, never had so much trouble with starting a dedicated server just so I can test a mission. Never ever had to forward any ports... until now. After I had it figured out, I wrote a fucking thread about how to do it about 2 weeks ago LOL. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184969-Tutorial-How-to-start-up-a-dedicated-server-on-your-own-machine-%28-for-testing-%29&p=2807235&viewfull=1#post2807235

Edited by Iceman77

Hey!

You can't use TADST to port forward. Each ISP (Internet Service Provider) has a different setup for configuration advanced options such as port forwarding.

What ISP are you using? That'd help us get you more information.

Awaiting your reply! :)

I can host Dedicated servers now :)

You don't make ports by using TADST tool lol

You just use the TASDT tool to host a dedicated server, but You just need to Port Forward!!! what i mean by that is you need to make ports for your router or modem.

This is a tutorial how to make ports for your router or mode:

Create 5 different ports:

Note: You can name the ports whatever you want, but the numbers must be the same and are very important.

2302 (Arma3 Game port)

2303 (Steam Server Query, always Game port + 1)

2305 (Voice over Net)

8766 (Steam Master port)

27016 (Steam port, i forgot to add this one)

Another note: Everyone has different type of ways making ports depending on their router/modem.

For me i had options port triggers and virtual servers (for others they probably have the option "add port" or "forward port" etc..), so i tried making 5 different port triggers "i just listed above" then i tried to host a dedicaed server , i still didnt see my server on Steam internet list, so i tried making virtual servers, which is like the same thing but you need to put ur port and ipv4 address for each ports. THen i hosted a dedi server again now i see my server on steam ineternet list!!!!

what i just found out for forward porting is that: You need to include, the port and ipv4 address for each port, and the type(TCP or UDP) there is an option for "both" choose "both Option. Remember you need to make 5 different ports, (i just listed above)

How do you find your own Ipv4 address? Easy just go to cmd, type "ipconfig" then just find the word ipv4 address, it will tell show your ipv4 address :)

I hope this helps for someone who still have troubling hosting dedicated servers on arma 3. I know it's kinda complicated but its not really. It's Just a few simple steps :)

Though it sucks that gamespy had shutdown and made it more harder and confusing for players to host dedicated servers T_T anyways i hope this guide helps :)

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:59 ----------

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

All of these years, never had so much trouble with starting a dedicated server just so I can test a mission. Never ever had to forward any ports... until now. After I had it figured out, I wrote a fucking thread about how to do it about 2 weeks ago LOL. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184969-Tutorial-How-to-start-up-a-dedicated-server-on-your-own-machine-%28-for-testing-%29&p=2807235&viewfull=1#post2807235

Nice Tutorial!!! but thats kinda more complicated compared to mine lol. Mine you just need the latest TADST tool and you just need to make ports for your router/modem. Then your all set :)

Edited by Coolinator

Nice Tutorial!!! but thats kinda more complicated compared to mine lol. Mine you just need the latest TADST tool and you just need to make ports for your router/modem. Then your all set :)

Mine requires no 3rd party tools though :). Essentially just create 2 folders and two files. Copy and paste. Done.

Mine requires no 3rd party tools though :). Essentially just create 2 folders and two files. Copy and paste. Done.

Cool :) I hope this thread help people out there who's having hard time hosting a dedicated server.

I have followed all of these ways of hosting a dedicated server as a solution to my problem and still its crashing every time I run.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20959 <-- pls upvote, its been like it sine a few windows reinstalls and no luck with a fix myself. Help or alternatives would be nice.

Didn't have a problem before v1.30

Edited by KevsnoTrev
changed wording

Just a quick note, if you're unable to join your dedi after creating it, you need to have both Arma 3 Server and Arma 3 itself (in case you run your dedicated from a different computer like me). Also, your client version needs to be the same as the version the server is running, and the server needs a version that is compatible with the client version. It's not really as complicated as it sounds, just keep everything updated.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried running server and client *without* Steam and then getting people to connect via Remote? Does that get around the port forwarding issue?

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried running server and client *without* Steam and then getting people to connect via Remote? Does that get around the port forwarding issue?

The only way to get around port forwarding is by VPN or some program that routes packets for you like GameRanger. I'm not sure what you mean by running the server without steam, I use TADST for my server, but I usually just have steam open.