Sign in to follow this  
big_wilk

Rate of Fire for vehicles - Where is it in the configs?

Hi,

Id be grateful for any help, how would you go about finding the rate of fire for a vehicles weapon (turret) for example an M4 Scorcher, Ive had a look in the CFGvehicles and CFGmagazines and cant see what Im looking for.

For example:

_rateofFire =  getNumber (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> (currentWeapon  vehicle (gunner (_veh)))  >> "????"); 

I found a few entry's for the Ais Rate of fire, but they don't seem to have any effect on how many rounds per a minute the Ai can attauly fire using doArtilleryFire

_rateofFire =  getNumber (configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> (current Weapon  vehicle (gunner (_veh)))  >> "aiRateOfFire"); // This is not correct

Is it determined by the magazine or the turret or something else?

Thanks.

Hi mate,

It's in "CfgWeapons".

Here's a thread about the minigun fire rate: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181267-reloadTime-with-A-164-Cannon&p=2743277&viewfull=1#post2743277

The entry itself is called "reloadtime". Most of the time its in the root entry but some weapons with variable rates have it tucked away in the fire modes.

For your example (the Scorcher) it would be:

Path to weapon (array):

_weaps = getArray (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "B_MBT_01_arty_F" >> "Turrets" >> "MainTurret" >> "weapons")

Path to fire rate:

_reloadTime  = getNumber (configfile / "CfgWeapons" / "mortar_155mm_AMOS" / "reloadTime");

Hope that helps you. Also, is Steve moustache & Chris still around in VCB? If so, say hi for me :)

Edited by Das Attorney

Thanks for the reply,

there are too many people who use the name Chris on the VCB forums (me included) it gets confusing however I think I know the one you mean (he just rejoined I'll PM'd him this thread) no Steve's around atm unfortunately. Also a nice idea with the fake a10s rate of fire as its main gun is weak sauce, it defiantly needs to kick up more dust when hitting the ground. :cool:

That config value seems to be giving off the correct rate of fire, cheers.

I think all the Chris' are still around - I think you're probably meaning Pathy Chris. I do remember you being around 4 or 5 years ago though, so hi from me also. Steve is off being northern somewhere, sadly.

Yes, it was Pathy (I completely forgot his internet name). Take care guys - might be getting some free time next year so will pop over to your forums to see what's going on :)