Sign in to follow this  
evrik

Correcting .p3d file locations / missing files

Hello all, I am hoping someone on here can help. The clan I am a part of is currently on a drive to reduce the error reports generated by the mods we use / wish to use, either by correcting open source mods ourselves or by identifying problems and notifying the mod makers with potential solutions. I am taking part in this and have recently been working on the Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled mod as we are a UK clan and wish to use BAF equipment - in this case the Jackals and Land Rovers. I have identified and successfully corrected the bone / skeleton errors, but there is an outstanding issue regarding an incorrect surface material path / file location within the .p3ds. There are half a dozen entries, and essentially they are looking in the wrong place for the .rvmat/ .bisurf files within the mod folder. All others appear correct. This takes the form as following:

Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\penetration\rubber.bisurf

Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\penetration\plastic.bisurf

etc....

These links to the texture / material files are correct. However, the Surface material paths are incorrect. These are listed as:

ca\data\penetration\rubber.bisurf

ca\data\penetration\plastic.bisurf

No such folder or file exists so it returns:

'Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\rubber.bisurf'

in the error report log. I am certain the paths should be the same as the texture files, as these Surface files deal with how the Jackal reacts to rounds (pinging off armour, thudding off rubber etc...) and penetration values.

Is it possible to edit and alter where the .p3d is looking for these surface files? I basically want to change any instance of:

ca\data\penetration\rubber.bisurf

to

Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled\penetration\rubber.bisurf

Are there any tools which would allow this? Is this something MoveObject.exe could do?

Thanks for any help.