Download:
http://addons.ofcra.org/cirav/@Wake-v12.7z

news_download_a3_3.png

banner-420x120.png

Make Arma Not War :
http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/1QI8Olt481#.VEqnyfmsXh5

Serverkey included
Map size : 10km x 10km
Wake Island requires no additional addons.
Google map : https://www.google.fr/maps/@19.2911446,166.6358416,14z

Description :
Wake Island is a coral atoll just north of the Marshall Islands. It is an unorganized, unincorporated territory of the United States, administered by the Office of Insular Affairs, U.S. Department of the Interior. There are about 150 people living on its 2.85 square miles. Access to the island is restricted, and all activities on the island are managed by the United States Air Force. There is also a missile facility operated by the United States Army. The largest island, Wake Island, is the center of activity on the atoll and is the location of Wake Island Airfield, which has a 3 000 m runway.

Spécial thanks:
-[301]Flap32 for help
-F.S.F for Wiki Labs
-Mikero for his tools
-Fullerpj for USAF Mod on my screenshots and video
-F/A-18 X Black Wasp on my screenshots and video
-Ivory Aircraft - F-15/C Eagle on my screenshots and video
-AV-8B Harrier II on my screenshots and video

Changlog v1.2:

-Modified Map Grid 
-Remove errors factory_main_part2_f.p3d

Changlog v1.1:

-Add Normal Map

-Add texture Seabed
-Improve underwater topography
-Improve ILS runway for IA
-Delete Cargo Tower addons

9491333502.jpg
1833726803.jpg
3025073204.jpg
9237147805.jpg
7090528106.jpg
3739507912.jpg
2005849107.jpg

My unit is already examining it and planning on using it for a training map :D looks amazing well done!

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Cirav & [301]Hubabobube;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

@kecharles28 : ok thanks

Edited by Cirav

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome!!! This map has now become my testing range! Again, awesome!

Hello developers, thank you for the beautiful mod ..... I'm like on the runway and taxiway are interchanged with beginning and end? Thank you

A nice map, mate - well done!

One thing I've noticed though, is that a lot of the trees and bushes are facing the same direction. It looks quite unnatural, especially when flying.

I know something like this would take a while to go through and alter, given the amount of vegetation on the island, but giving each tree/bush a random azimuth would go a long way to increasing immersions omg :803:

I'm glad that so much people are enjoying our work ! Thanks for the support !

CameronMcDonald

You're right, we've noticed that problem too and we've try to sort it, but, as far as i know, there is no way to randomise the trees' and bushes' azimuth during their generation on the map with the tools we are using (the official arma 3 tools kit and some of Mikero's tools).

It might be difficult to notice, but a good amount of trees and bushes are placed manually to avoid that problem (height, azimuth ... etc) ! Going through all the map's vegetation with that method is simply not possible concidering the amount of work it would represent !

Sorry if my english is not perfect !

I'd like to point out one small detail, being this a proper airbase, the numbers on the runways are both "22", where they should be 29 and 11 if I remember correctly.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Hey excellent map only issue right now is the taxing of aircraft. Currently all they do is go down the taxiway and then hold like there gonna turn on to the opposite runway then continue until they run into the trees. Landing is good to go. Also they dont taxi from the Ramps at all they just run into the sea

A nice map, mate - well done!

One thing I've noticed though, is that a lot of the trees and bushes are facing the same direction. It looks quite unnatural, especially when flying.

I know something like this would take a while to go through and alter, given the amount of vegetation on the island, but giving each tree/bush a random azimuth would go a long way to increasing immersions omg :803:

Yep, same as Cirav's other great map Imrali. Hard to stop paying attention to it once you notice it.

I had to login to credit you for the best made map I've played. Really great work. Would be nice if the loading screen bitmap looked higher res though. Picky I know but anyway it's really a top quality map. Thank you. Will you be making more realistic based maps?

Great island, very nicely put together!

@Dav Have you seen their other island Imrali? It is definitly worth checking out as well.

Great island, very nicely put together!

@Dav Have you seen their other island Imrali? It is definitly worth checking out as well.

Thank you for showing me this new map, I will download and explore today. Looks really high quality from the screen shots. New terrain keeps the game very fresh.:yay:

Absolutely love this island. Excellent job.

It would be awesome to see you back this map up with Midway Atoll (being Sand Island & Eastern Island). My dad was stationed on Midway as an aircraft mechanic with the airforce in the the late sixties/early seventies period, not exactly sure what year. Its also a neat little island, especially with the "Goonie Bird" habitat.

Anyway, Thanks and great work!!

Absolutely love this island. Excellent job.

It would be awesome to see you back this map up with Midway Atoll (being Sand Island & Eastern Island). My dad was stationed on Midway as an aircraft mechanic with the airforce in the the late sixties/early seventies period, not exactly sure what year. Its also a neat little island, especially with the "Goonie Bird" habitat.

Anyway, Thanks and great work!!

+1

It would be really great, as the this map is stunning. Having more islands would be awesomely stunning ;P