fs_twister

[SP / MP] RealBattle RTS

RealBattle%2BRTS.Altis.jpg

This is a multiplayer or single player (via new local LAN game) RTS war simulation style mission that can be played either coop, with AI commanders, PVP, or single player.

Two teams start with supply points that allows them to purchase groups and units from the start of the game and then use them to fight the opposing faction or capture and hold areas by moving mobile command vehicles in a free area. There are two modes: destruction and domination which determine how score and supply points are given to BLUEFOR and OPFOR teams (either by killed units or number of areas captured over the other faction). First team to reach score limit wins! You don't have to command if you don't want, but just leave AI to do the work and you take a tank or squad and jump in the battle as a simple soldier. There are almost infinite ways you can play this mission.

You can get the feeling of this mission battles from this video (early RHS version with some extra add-ons):

Download:

Vanilla on Altis:

- From Adrive

- From Steam workshop

RHS Mod US Army vs Russia:

- From Adrive

- Steam workshop

RHS Mod US Army vs Russia on Chernarus:

- From Adrive

- Steam workshop

Enjoy!

Features:

- Totally random generated every run;

- Highly customizable (from MP parameters);

- Can be played with up 8 players (4 vs 4) - if you find performance to deteriorate please lower max number of units from parameters;

- Can be played COOP only against enemy AI commander;

- Intense unscripted and random action with every play;

- Each side has an "intelligent" AI commander slot that can play the mission by itself (this allows for just 1 player to play against AI or 4 players coop);

- Purchase units, groups and empty vehicles and rearm using Arsenal at base thought the game.

- Total air and land warfare using most of the units&vehicles in Arma 3.

- You can play RTS style as commander of entire army or just as simple team leaders leaving the AI to do the work;

- Designed for quick random experiences every play (with default settings a game lasts 30 minutes but can be set to last for hours and cover entire map if desired).

- Can be played in from SP scenarios with default parameters in destruction mode (to play SP with full experience please create a new LAN game and change parameters as needed). To be added in the futures SP only parameters.

- If you are not fancy of the high command module then do not slot the first slot in each side and AI will take over and lead the battle for you, giving you a break to lead a fire team into intense action as you desire. Use high command to get an birds eye view of the situation on the map.

Also registered in the MANW competition: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/kTgjeGxfV6

Update #1 - 17th of Nov:

- fixed hud not showing on lower screen resolutions (funds, score)

- added Chernarus RHS version

Edited by fs_twister

Just tried this in single player and had an absolute blast.

Hey would you be interested in also porting this to stratis and maybe some other maps like bornholm?

Hello there

I had a quick SP blast in this with RHS mod and thought it was great. Id love to see a Cherno/Takistan version for RHS. The combined troops numbers and Altis are a bit of a frame rate killer.

Regardless, good stuff.

Rgds

LoK

Is it possible to remove the vanilla weapons/gear from the arsenal in RHS version? Really enjoying this.

Continuing to play this mission and loving it. However the mission isn't too happy when hosted on a dedicated server and I leave and return after a while, where all the units seem to be frozen. Not sure if this is a server problem or mission problem. Also noticing that the high command icons seem to rubber band when very far away from me.

Finally if would be very useful to be able to TP to units you have already made. Could we also have the ability to see how much cash or side has?

On the newest Dev server executable from Dwarden I'm getting around 35 fps with 300 AI.

Thanks Kremator! To be honest I'm not sure what could explain the frozen units, but I will look in the code. Teleport to units is a very good idea and should be straight forward to implement, I'm also missing that.

With the ability to see how much funds you have, this is already there, however I just discovered over the weekend following some comments from the Steam Workshop that my hud will only show on 1920x1080 resolutions. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and see how to make positioning of the RscText relative to screen size as they are supposed to show in top left corner of the screen. Current hud is showing Side_funds$ WEST_score / EAST_score (Score Limit), but only users with above screen resolution are able to see it.

I've fixed the hud not showing up with score and funds available and also as requested added a Chernarus RHS version. You can find the links on first post.

More testing with the latest version. I find that running the mission fresh on a listen server (ie client hosted) I end up at the airport. If I run the mission again I start at the NATO base.

The cash and score are now fixed so good job.

Regarding the caching, zorrobyte's system won't work as they are predominantly vehicle based.

I don't know if I'm amazing but I find that I'm always winning :)

Found a problem with the HEMTT truck. Soldiers all spawn, teleport into truck then one gets out and runs behind truck.

Running a dedi server test with ZBE_caching and 600 AI :)

Any news on the HEMTT fix ?

By the way with the latest ZBE_caching I can have 500 AI fighting with 25FPS/25CPS !!!