MrCrazyDude115

[MP] The Dark Ones - Horror Sandbox [DISCONTINUED]

Would you like to see Task Force Radio added in for extra realism?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Task Force Radio added in for extra realism?

• Yes, would add more realism.
    • No, it's not necessary.

[DISCONTINUED]

Please delete.

Edited by MrCrazyDude115
[DISCONTINUED]
  • Like 1

do you need multiple players or can this be played by yourself?

Well, you need 1 Zeus, and 1 player to play, however I highly recommend there to be at least 3 players and 1 Zeus. Add me on Steam if you want a group to test this with.

Updated to Pre-Alpha V0.2!

What's New?

Features:

-Men In Black Agents that will do whatever they can to stop you from discovering the truth

-You now start with money

-Your closet now has some extra clothing for extra customization

-You can now interact with civilians using AWC_Chief_Wiggum's Advanced Interaction script

-Added 2 more classes, "Ex-Military" and "Corrupt Cop".

-Fixed a ton of bugs

Ex-Military: Left the AAF after the events of the main Arma 3 campaign. Starts with a fully loaded .45 Caliber pistol and binoculars. Plus an old AAF military uniform in his closet.

Corrupt Cop: Joined Altis P.D just as an excuse to be out late at night investigating the paranormal, he doesn't go by the rules of regular police men but it will help him and his group get around Altis quicker. Starts with a fully loaded 9mm pistol and 1 extra mag for it. Plus a full police uniform in his closet.

Men In Black:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/27347908677566019/61BF638CC1300BDD9F7F6862B257AEE9446A12E9/ (267 kB)

And thanks to the people who have helped me test this, a bunch of bugs have been found and fixed, thanks :)

Edited by MrCrazyDude115

I have stopped working on this for a while, but when a group of people asked to play, I wanted to continue the development.

Updated to Pre-Alpha V0.2.1!

What's New?

Features:

-Added new locations to explore, including "BlueKing's Beach Cafe" and "Reverend Peter's Chapel", and many more locations.

-Decreased starting money, just enough money to buy some essential items for you and your team, want more money? Complete quests or get a job.

-Your closet now takes you to the Arsenal, where you can customize your character. (When you buy more clothes, it will be accessible using the closet)

-Temporarily removed AWC_Chief_Wiggum's Advanced Interaction script as it was causing frequent crashes.

-Added 2 more classes, "Taxi Driver" and "Engineer".

-Added some new creatures that will haunt you throughout the game....

-Fixed a ton of bugs.

Taxi Driver: Works at the Molos Taxi Service. Starts with a taxi with a random amount of fuel to help the team get around faster.

Engineer: Used to work at the Sophia Gas Station, repairing cars and other vehicles. Starts with a Tool Kit and a backpack.

And thanks to the people who have helped me test this, a bunch of bugs have been found and fixed, thanks :)

NOTE: You will need to download the "Ares" mod to access the new arsenal/closet.

Ares Mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27285

Edited by MrCrazyDude115

Quick Hotfix V0.2.2

What's New?

Features

-You can now interact with civilians using AWC_Chief_Wiggum's Advanced Interaction script (Re-Added).

-Added furniture to the Molos Restaurant.

-Added furniture to the market in Molos.

-Temporarily removed the "Engineer" class, since it was causing some errors.

-Fixed some bugs.

Edited by MrCrazyDude115

Changing the "version numbers"

I have done many updates to the mission before I made this post on the forums, however I noticed I was going a bit too fast on the version numbers, since I wanna have V1.00 NOT be in Pre-Alpha, so I have decided to change the version number to the amount of updates that were done since this was first posted on the forums.

Current Version: V0.2.2

A large update is coming on Thursday or Friday, stay tuned for more :)

Updated to Pre-Alpha V0.2.3!

What's New?

Features:

-Increased player limit to 12 players (12 players, 1 Zeus).

-Changed the back-story (More info in the original post).

-Changed all starting classes (More info below).

-You now spawn on the beach, not in Molos (More info in the backstory).

-You can now holster your weapon.

-You no longer spawn with a map, only the team leader starts with a map, and everyone else must buy a map from the market.

-The mission is now locked at Veteran difficulty.

-The mission is now First-Person view only.

-You no longer see friendly player markers on the map.

-You can now put on ANY uniform, regardless of the side you are on.

-The closet has been replaced by some luggage in your house.

-Added more civilians to most towns.

-Added some new locations.

-Added some hidden eastereggs ;)

-Added furniture to many buildings.

-"Bermuda Triangle" has been renamed to "Bermuda Circle".

-A new evil awakens....

Player Classes: (MORE COMING IN THE NEXT HOTFIX, INFO ON EACH CLASS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN-GAME)

-Team Leader

-Hunter

-Ex-Military

-Bodyguard

-Medic

-Phsycic

Note: Expect a small Hotfix that will add a few more classes and maybe fix some bugs if any are found in the next few hours.

Edited by MrCrazyDude115

Quick Hotfix V0.2.3

What's New?

Features:

-Added more furniture to some buildings in Molos.

-Added 2 more classes: Engineer and Detective.

-Fixed some bugs.

Note: Mod version will stay as V0.2.3 since the hotfix is too small.

HOSTING NOW! If you want to play-test it, just add me and message me on Steam, we are waiting and anyone can join (as long as you can roleplay).

Have fun :)

EDIT: Session is over, however if you would like to play, add me on Steam.

Edited by MrCrazyDude115

Loved It, mysterious, surprising and pretty damn good storyline. You get send out Immedietly on touch-down and the story begins. CAUTION: Brain Is necessary to finish/succeed. Still some minor Issues that aren't mention worthy. Looking forward to the rest of It.

Cons:

-There are some Issues were the AI's will randomly strutt around like chickens In a penny house, looks hilarious but It's still an Issue.

Pros:

-Love the storyline, creative and mysterious.. love It.

-Well placed strategic locations In favor of the story.

Regards,

great mod probly the the first of its kind its very immersive,found myself in the sh()t,and had to either fight or talk my way out of it.minor glitches and the background story should be a bit modified.cool mod overall.good job

From what I played about 2 weeks back, this mission is very promising, and the author definitely knows what he's doing. I didn't managed to play much since we had many real life problems, but it was still enough to make me check the corners of the room :P.

I will make sure to leave a more in-depth review once we actually manage to play for a longer period.

-Regards,

Deny.

Awesome Mod! Love the sound effects and definitely one of its kind.

Great storyline, love the scary moments and the mysterious behind it, also i wanna thank you again for letting me play

cause its very unique :)

Regards,

Dwight // NoName

There are some Issues were the AI's will randomly strutt around like chickens In a penny house, looks hilarious but It's still an Issue.

That's just Arma 3 AI, not much I can do here, sadly.

Love the storyline, creative and mysterious.. love It.

cool mod overall.good job

Thank you man :)

it was still enough to make me check the corners of the room

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Awesome Mod! Love the sound effects and definitely one of its kind.

i wanna thank you again for letting me play

No problem man, if anyone wants to play just add me on Steam.

And thanks to the people who have helped me test this, a bunch of bugs have been found and fixed, and I am considering some of the features you guys suggested, thanks :)

Absolutely love it. It has some issues but for an alpha version it's really well done.

Even though I have only played twice, due to personal and others real life issues, I had a lot of fun and definitely looking forward to the next session.

Only the right side of the map (Altis) is done but it has a LOT of places to visit.

Pros:

You can do what you want, with consequences.

It's up to you to decide the story, each time is different.

Lots of places to visit.

Really scary. From 1 to skeleton it's a spooky scary skeleton.

Cons:

Civilians are a bit buggy, crawling and crouching randomly, funny to see but it distracts a bit from the gameplay.

Sitting script is not working yet. Makes the game unplayable. (sarcasm)

Can take some time to set everything up correctly, but real life plays a big role in this issue.

It has some issues but for an alpha version it's really well done.

Thanks, hopefully when it's out of Alpha, I would have fixed most of these issues.

You can do what you want, with consequences.

It's up to you to decide the story, each time is different.

That's what I was going for when I started this project, so that people could play it as many times as they want, and the story would ALWAYS be different.

Civilians are a bit buggy, crawling and crouching randomly, funny to see but it distracts a bit from the gameplay.

Thats really just the Arma 3 AI, not much I can do here. However I have a few things I can try to try and fix it.

Sitting script is not working yet. Makes the game unplayable. (sarcasm)

Will be fixed in the next update :P

This looks amazing, good job.

Hosting a session on Friday, if anyone wants to join add me on Steam.

More info on the session is available in the first post.

Updated to Pre-Alpha V0.2.4!

What's New?

Features:

-Removed most cars that are driving around. (It's the middle of the night anyway, why would there be too many people driving outside at that time?).

-Increased the number of civilians in most towns.

-Fully furnished and populated the Airport.

-Updated the police AI to behave a bit more like real cops.

-Fixed the bug where civilians would randomly go prone and crouch everywhere. (FINALLY! :D)

-Added more furniture to some houses.

-Added more locations, including "SCP Foundation Site-117", and "Point Pleasant Island".

-Added more custom music that will play depending on the situation you are in.

-The vehicle that will pick you up from the beach, and transport you to Molos changes depending on the amount of players in the server.

-The Team Leader now spawns with a GPS.

-The mission is now locked at Expert difficulty.

-Added some hidden eastereggs.

Known Bugs:

-When entering a town, you may hear a distant explosion, ignore it.

-You still cannot holster your weapon, trying to fix this for the next update.

-Enemies may sometimes stare at you for 3-5 seconds before firing, this usually happens if you had your weapon in your backpack, then pulled it out after they spotted you.

-Civilians may randomly start shouting insults and threats at you.....ignore that :P

Alright, so from last nights session I can got a lot more insight into the whole mission. The one thing I feel this mission is missing, is TFAR. The fact that all the talking goes trough TS3 kinda spoils a fraction of the experience. The mission is very fun, and it got me staring at the screen wondering if something is gonna pop out and obliterate me in a second. The ArmA AI still manages to sod it up somehow. Its just not that interesting when your driving trough a town like a madman after seeing a priest teleport in and out in a split second, and a random ass AI just runs out into the street out of nowhere. Still it was a good idea to get a ambulance, since it look real. And the AI was a cop, so free uniform :D. All together, great mission, much fun. Many sleepless night if played right.

Alright everybody, been busy with school so I wasn't able to work on the mission for a while, but development will continue as usual starting today, and remember, if you want to test it just add me on Steam.

Hello everybody,

I have been gone for quite a while because I am working on a standalone game (Not about the mod, something else). So i'm planning on adding a few more features onto the mod, then release it as open source for people to add into their missions and, well, host it on their server if they want. It will also include a .PDF file with all the commands and features you need to know, as well as all the new Zeus features and how/when to use them.

Hello everybody! I'm back with the first changelog in the past few months, get ready for the main release coming soon!

Now for the changelog!

Updated to Pre-Alpha V0.2.5!

What's New?

Features:

-Removed all cars that are driving around in towns, however you can still find some occasional drivers on the highways.

-Replaced the rain at the beginning of the mission with fog instead.

-Decreased the amount of civilians in each town.

-Increased the amount of guards/soldiers/security at the Altis International Airport.

-Increased the amount of soldiers and CDC agents at Area 51.

-Replaced all NATO soldiers with AAF soldiers (Makes more sense that way).

-Police officers will now kill you on sight if you aim your gun at them.

-Added police patrols around the map (Cars, and on foot).

-Added "The Dark Woods" area to the map.

-Added more guns to all gun stores.

-Added a general store to Sofia.

-Added ghosts and phantoms.....Muhahaha!

-Added creepy things into the ocean, be careful out there.

-Added MANY new areas to the southern part of the map.

-Added multiple new NPCs and characters into the story.

-Changed the intro theme.

-Some Men In Black agents now carry pistols.

-When entering The Dark Woods at night, you might be slowly stalked by someone......or something.... so watch your back.

-Updated the police AI to behave a bit more like real cops.

-Fixed the bug where civilians would randomly go prone and crouch everywhere. (FINALLY! )

-Added more furniture to some houses.

-Added some hidden eastereggs.

Known Bugs:

-When entering a town, you may hear a distant explosion, ignore it.

-You still cannot holster your weapon, trying to fix this for the next update.

-Enemies may sometimes stare at you for 3-5 seconds before firing, this usually happens if you had your weapon in your backpack, then pulled it out after they spotted you.

-Civilians may randomly start shouting insults and threats at you.....ignore that :P

-Ghosts and phantoms may actually be scared of the players and run away. (LOL), doesn't usually happen though, only happens if you have a high-power weapon (EX: Sniper Rifle)

-Some creatures that were added to the ocean might glitch and drown, but don't worry, they will respawn ;)

Announcement:

Hello everybody! I would like YOU to tell me what you would like to see added into a detective-mystery-horror-creepypasta-syled mod! Post it down below!

Nice, sounds very interesting, can't wait for the release!