TedHo

[Functions] UnitCapture/UnitPlay for Infantry Units in ArmA 3

@johnnyboy , @Rich_R , I got it to work in the video he used [dude1, 120, 35, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture; , which conflicts to the example files where it has [dude1, 60, 20, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture; , so you would need to change both 60, 20 to 120 , 35 for it to work, the only issue I have is that the firing isn't working, this could be due to the modded gun, I am yet to do more testing but I will get back to you and Rich_R I was curios if you came across this problem?

• Like 1

Great news! Are you using the same gun to record the actions and play them?

when I used the system, didn't have any issues with the firing.

16 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Great news! Are you using the same gun to record the actions and play them?

when I used the system, didn't have any issues with the firing.

Yeah they are the same and the same with the AI I control when watching the Animations, it seems to work fine with Vanilla ARMA Rifles, however when I use Modded Rifles it seems to capture fine but doesn't like it when I play the Animation.

• Like 1

Hot on the heels of @Chris Along getting it to work, I tried again using a strictly vanilla arma and still have the twitching when crouched. The units do it a little when prone as well, but not as noticeable.

I used both [dude1, 120, 35, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture; and [dude1, 60, 20, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture; but it twitched the same way both times.

May still use it and edit my videos around the kneeling twitch :(

This may sound crazy, but try using disableAI "ANIM" on the units before playing back.  The video looks like the AI caused animaitons are competing with playback forced animations..  My hope is that disableAI "ANIM" prevents AI induced animations from happening at same time playMove/switchMove being executed on units.  Just a theory...   Good luck.

Just to Clarify about the shooting issue I had and maybe some others had, I tried a Variety of guns, Vanilla, RHS etc and it is hit or miss wether or not it works, I will get back to this thread with some more insight, including @JohnnyBoy 's suggestion.

@Rich_R disableAI "ANIM" does stop the twitching at the start as you can see in the video, the initial jump that the character does it just because I moved before I started recording, as you can see when he starts moving and stops there is no weird sliding or twitch, however the shooting still is not working for me consistently, even though the code looks fine and the characters are literal duplicates, just with different Variable names and code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2AZGPf1ii8&feature=youtu.be

I have the disable AI “anim” in the characters init.....hmmmm

Are the shooting issues with the RHS rifles still?

@Rich_R I Tested some guns from different mods, they all seem to be fine however the Vanilla one bugs out if you make too violent movements and the RHS USAF one is really hit or miss, The Bugging out at the begging stopped when I put  disable AI “anim” in all AI and the Capture Trigger.

@Chris Along You really had the disableAI "ANIM" command in everything !:eh:

Sucks about the weapons

20 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Sucks about the weapons

No just the AI and the Capture command, seemed to work so idk.

40 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Sucks about the weapons

19 minutes ago, Chris Along said:

No just the AI and the Capture command, seemed to work so idk.

Update on my last post, I removed DisableAI "ANIM" on the Record Trigger and it still works fine for me, so all I can do now if give you what I use.

Record Trigger = rec = [player1, 60, 20, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infunitcapture;

Play Trigger = nul = [player1] execVM "play.sqf";

Player 1 = this disableAI "ANIM";

GCAM = this setcaptive true; this disableAI "ANIM";

Capture = _unit = _this select 0;
[_unit, 120, 35, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture;

Play = _unit = _this select 0;
{_unit disableAI _x;} forEach ["ANIM","MOVE","FSM","TARGET","AUTOTARGET"];
[_unit, HLF_moveData] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
[_unit, HLF_fireData, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayFiring;
[_unit, HLF_animData, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayAnim;

Probably the same as yours but it's all I can think of to help you, also RHS weapons have started to work now for some reason.

• Like 1

Guys, thanks for persevering and posting your findings.  I'm sure I and others will benefit from this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chris Along said:

GCAM = this setcaptive true; this disableAI "ANIM";

Congrats on the weapons working and thanks for the code!

Where did you place the gcam line? Cant think this is my issue however, the last video was purely vanilla.

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Congrats on the weapons working and thanks for the code!

Where did you place the gcam line? Cant think this is my issue however, the last video was purely vanilla.

Sorry should of made it more clear, that was the second AI i was controlling to film the AI in the video and the AI I would of used to film the ones doing the Actions, essentially I use this guy without any capture data just to film

and the Vanilla and the RHS : USAF guns seem hit or miss as hell.

• Like 1

Hi Chaps,
In need of some help unfortunately. 
 I've run into a spot of bother trying to have 2 units move at the same time. I followed the tutorial as per the video at the bottom.

but I'm not getting the right results. 

The first bot seems to more or less work with the odd animation quirk. 

The second bot doesn't even move from where I've left him and it throws this error.

'...= _this select 1;

_totalFrames = )count |#|_capturedAnimData);

_startedTime = time...'FileFunction\fn_inUnitPlayAnim.sqf [HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayAnim], line 353\missions\unitCaptureTest.provingGrounds_PMC\play2.sqf' line 3 Error Undefined variable in expression; _capturedanimdata

I've had a look through the play2.sqf file in other example missions that work fine so I'm unsure where I have gone wrong.

Any help is appreciated chaps.

Max

16 hours ago, flying-noodles said:

Hi Chaps,
In need of some help unfortunately. 
 I've run into a spot of bother trying to have 2 units move at the same time. I followed the tutorial as per the video at the bottom.

but I'm not getting the right results. 

The first bot seems to more or less work with the odd animation quirk. 

The second bot doesn't even move from where I've left him and it throws this error.

'...= _this select 1;

_totalFrames = )count |#|_capturedAnimData);

_startedTime = time...'FileFunction\fn_inUnitPlayAnim.sqf [HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayAnim], line 353\missions\unitCaptureTest.provingGrounds_PMC\play2.sqf' line 3 Error Undefined variable in expression; _capturedanimdata

I've had a look through the play2.sqf file in other example missions that work fine so I'm unsure where I have gone wrong.

Any help is appreciated chaps.

Max

Hey man looking to help, however looking at only errors makes that a little hard, first things first, have you tried the video below, also, is there anyway you could upload the mission file so I or others could take a look (To google drive or dropbox)

Hi All!

Why when joining a second unit both "connect" and move on one path?

One trigger, runs two units: nul = [Recon1] execVM "Recon1.sqf"; nul = [Recon2] execVM "Recon2.sqf";

There are two sqf files: Recon 1 and Recon2,

two files captureData: captureData.sqf and captureData2.sqf.

Is there only a line in init.sqf: call compile preprocessFile "captureData.sqf";

should the second be added: call compile preprocessFile "captureData2.sqf"; ??

Please help.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:10 AM, thor_ said:

Hi All!

Why when joining a second unit both "connect" and move on one path?

One trigger, runs two units: nul = [Recon1] execVM "Recon1.sqf"; nul = [Recon2] execVM "Recon2.sqf";

There are two sqf files: Recon 1 and Recon2,

two files captureData: captureData.sqf and captureData2.sqf.

Is there only a line in init.sqf: call compile preprocessFile "captureData.sqf";

should the second be added: call compile preprocessFile "captureData2.sqf"; ??

Please help.

You will need to add captureData2.sqf to the init.sqf

This video will show you how to do basic vehicle movements and infantry combat.

Also, dont forget in the captureData2.sqf you need to add a 2 to each HLF_Move/Fire/AnimData lines.
Example
HLF_mopeDate2 = ;
HLF_fireData2 = ;
HLF_animData2 = ;

Then in the captureData3 you would add a '3' at the end of each section.

Will I am here, I also need a hand.  I posted a new thread as I thought this thread was closed. 
I would like to record an A10(Jet) flight path data and firing data.  I can record the flight path easily enough and infantry movement, firing and animation data, but not a vehicle (A10 in my case) firing data.  I would also like to record passenger firing data, for example.
Jeep is driving along and the passenger is firing out the window.  Anyone got any solutions?

Peace.

Solved my A10 flight and firing data issue. 

Anyone figured out how get the car wheels to turn while AI are in playback? Along with jet flaps?  The flaps seem to stay in airbrake mode.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:55 AM, TPM_Aus said:

You will need to add captureData2.sqf to the init.sqf

This video will show you how to do basic vehicle movements and infantry combat.

Also, dont forget in the captureData2.sqf you need to add a 2 to each HLF_Move/Fire/AnimData lines.
Example
HLF_mopeDate2 = ;
HLF_fireData2 = ;
HLF_animData2 = ;

Then in the captureData3 you would add a '3' at the end of each section.

So each unit will need it's own CaptureData.sqf, it's own play.sqf. But in each CaptureData file we'll have the code you have listed, but just add/change the number in the line of code per unit? Cause I just tried, after ripping my hair out. And eventually ended up with 2 units merging into one. Doing unit 2's movement.

This is why I hate arma.

So this is what I have going on.In my record trigger

rec = [player1, 120, 35, true, 2] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitCapture;

And in my playback trigger I have this

nul = [trooper_1] execVM "play.sqf"; nul = [trooper_2] execVM "play2.sqf";

I was told I have to add a new nul for every unit I have.

In my mission files, in the init.sqf I have to lines of code. One for CaptureData and CaptureData2.... One for each unit for far. Both units have different names (Trooper_1 and Trooper_2) And they each have their own play.sqf file. But now they seem to merge into each other and both do the captured path of Trooper_1. This is frusterating, Am I overlooking something or did I miss something. I've watched a couple different tutorials on this. And still can't seem to get things working.

I guess that  you didn't change the name of the data in your CaptureData2.sqf and in your play2.sqf . In your CaptureData2.sqf you need to change the name of the data, and do the same for your play2.sqf .

Your CaptureData2 should be like this;

HLF_moveData2 = [ whatever data you recorded];
HLF_fireData2 = [whatever data your recorded];
HLF_animData2 = [whatver data you recorded];

And your play2.sqf should be like this;

_unit = _this select 0;
[_unit, HLF_moveData2] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
[_unit, HLF_fireData2, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayFiring;
[_unit, HLF_animData2, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayAnim;

If you would need a 3rd unit playing aswell, you would name the data in your CaptureData3.sqf , HLF_movedata3, HLF_fireData3,etc... and. And do the same for your play3.sqf

Hope that helps.

Edited by praising
typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, praising said:

I guess that  you didn't change the name of the data in your CaptureData2.sqf and in your play2.sqf . In your CaptureData2.sqf you need to change the name of the data, and do the same for your play2.sqf .

Your CaptureData2 should be like this;

HLF_moveData2 = [ whatever data you recorded];
HLF_fireData2 = [whatever data your recorded];
HLF_animData2 = [whatver data you recorded];

And your play2.sqf should be like this;

_unit = _this select 0;
[_unit, HLF_moveData2] spawn BIS_fnc_UnitPlay;
[_unit, HLF_fireData2, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayFiring;
[_unit, HLF_animData2, true] spawn HLF_fnc_infUnitPlayAnim;

If you would need a 3rd unit playing aswell, you would name the data in your CaptureData3.sqf , HLF_movedata3, HLF_fireData3,etc... and. And do the same for your play3.sqf

Hope that helps.

I added the 2 for the second unit in the CaptureData. But didn't add it to the play.sqf. The tutorials didn't really cover that. Thanks, I'll give it a try and get back to you. Sounds like this should help out.