Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Very Strange Problem

So after some time I have managed to create a multiplayer mission and so I moved on to the testing phase by hosting a server and playing with friends.

The first objective is to search for an enemy's camp and save a hostage. Everything is ok with the first objective and the AI is smart and realistic.

But then we move on to the second objective, where you are tasked to defend a building from enemy attack waves. The waves consist of armored vehicles. helicopters which land and insert enemy units and trucks which also insert enemy units.

The problem is that although they do disembark and all, they just don't react to anything. You can go near them and execute them one by one and still they will not even point their weapon towards you. Their skill is set to high levels but still the problem exists. And that is not all.

If you try the mission on the computer, where the mission was originally edited, no problem occurs. But if you try the same mission on the computer where the server is hosted (sp or mp), then the problem occurs and only the gunners from the helicopters actually work and shoot at us.

Naturally I have tested the mission again and again but nothing seems to work.

I have tried saving the mission in .pbo and then transferring it to the other computer but nothing changes.

The two computers have exactly the same files so there shouldn't be a problem there.

So I tried another thing. I erased all the units (in the computer where the server is hosted) and inserted some of my own (some enemy infantry units), without helicopter extractions and such, and everything worked perfectly.

So, guys. What is going on???

Can you provide at least some basic info?

How is the mission made? do you use editor only or scripts? If scripts, post them!

How did you make those units?

Did you place them by script?

Did you use createVehicle or createUnit? If u used create vehicle for a Unit, the unit will not do anything.

I only use the editor. The units are already there when the mission starts. I do not create them. I just place them far away from the building and then I use waypoints in order to move them across the map.

I use the getInCargo command so as to make them enter the helicopters as well as the vehicles and I use the disembark command via waypoint so as for them to exit the helicopter.

GetinCargo? You mean moveInCargo? I never heard about getInCargo command.

Or maybe you mean GetInNearest command in a waypoint?

Now to make things at least a bit clear:

- You place all units and assets in the normal Arma 2 OA Singleplayer editor. You do not use any script, either taken from web, or yourselfmade. Is that correct?

- Do you put any script to the Units init lines?

- Please specify again the metod u use to put units to the transport.

-U use disembark waypoint? that never worked for me. I use Transport unload waypoint instead.

Can you send me the mission file? PBO please. I would take a look in it probably at sunday.

Edited by Mirek

I would check the waypoint conditions to be sure they are in combat mode. And the last waypoint for them to hunt you down I would do a "Seek and Destroy", with a wide radius. Also with the vehicles I would do their crews separately, then have the infantry unit board/disembark

This problem in Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA/CO ?, each version have different bug,

are you using mods ?

Many thanks for the help for starters.

Now:

You mean moveInCargo?

You are correct.

You place all units and assets in the normal Arma 2 OA Singleplayer editor.

I do not actually use the Arma 2 editor. The missions are made for BI's game Take on Helicopters which is linked to all Arma 2 games via the Rearmed patch. So I use all Arma content in the TOH editor which is the Arma 2 editor with different colors to be honest. I always act likewise but this problem has never occurred before although I have made more missions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169053-Code-Red

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171180-Aziz-Takedown

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175175-Heavy-Load

You do not use any script, either taken from web, or yourselfmade.

I do not use scripts in order to place units. The only ones I use is for weapon and unit respawn.

Do you put any script to the Units init lines?

Yes I do. I use commands so as to keep the AI from moving(the helicopters and the trucks) before the players reach the building which they are to defend.

I would check the waypoint conditions to be sure they are in combat mode.

I have tried that one.

This problem in Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA/CO ?

Arma 2 OA.

are you using mods ?

Not in this mission.

One or two of your questions remain unanswered but I will answer them in a short while.

Yes I do. I use commands so as to keep the AI from moving(the helicopters and the trucks) before the players reach the building which they are to defend.

You dont have to use commands, you just sinchronize a waypoint to a trigger, and units will not go past that waypoint untill trigger is executed.

Can you post the command u use? maybe that command is messing up the units. things like "disableAi Move" can do that.

As for TKoH i own that game, but never really played it, so mi advices might not be completely coorect, as i believe, there will be differences betveen Arma and TKoH.

Try to recreate the mission in Arma and test it in arma Maybe.

Have you got TOH installed?

Because if you don't you won't be able to take a look at my mission if need be. That is because I use TOH helicopters and units so as to have the flight models in-game.

Can you post the command u use?

Once I can.

I had it instaled, but i didnt play it and i am not sure if i didnt uninstall it. I will not be able to reach my gaming computer till sunday so i cant realy tell now. But when i asked u to send me the file i was under impression its arma 2 OA file. iam not sure if i will be able to help you with TKoH one, since as i said i never really played TKoH nor tried the TKoH editor. I have Experiences only with Arma 2 OA editor and 3D Editor.