Sign in to follow this  
Ink.

Unit Leader gives orders on his own when switched away?

Right. So for SS' I tend to set playable units and then I play as the leader. I make the leader order all units to "STOP" and they do. Previously, once I did that I could then just switch to each unit and position them as I need and they would stay. The problem is that the leader unit will order them again.

Now, yes, I know I can use enable simulation and freeze the unit, but the problem is that it doesn't work in a vehicle and what happens is my leader unit will just order the units out of the vehicles and to regroup. This is problematic. Any ideas on how I can just stop the leader unit from making any orders?

I should mention the vehicles (not the units) are spawned in zeus.

Edited by Ink.

While i can't deliver a solution to your exact problem, i was wondering if anything stops you from de-grouping the units and make them all individual Units without a Group.

If not, you can just do so, remote control each one and they should stay where they are.

You don't have to make all of the units playable to switch to them as long as they're in your group. In your command menu, when selecting a single soldier, you have the option to switch to that soldier. See if that doesn't help.

First, I apologize for such a late response. My PC busted, and while I was unable to play/use I forgot about this issue. As I've come back, I've realized I still have it and it reminded me that I created this thread.

Anyway, so the issues still exist, and I've tried both of the suggestions posted above.

---

While i can't deliver a solution to your exact problem, i was wondering if anything stops you from de-grouping the units and make them all individual Units without a Group.

If not, you can just do so, remote control each one and they should stay where they are.

This might work. It makes it harder because when they're in a group, if I needed to quickly load a vehicle up I could just tell 2-# to get into the vehicle and they'd do it without me having to control each one to get it done. It also allows for quicker selection through the command interface rather than using team switch around.

But that being said, it is a failsafe option if I cant find a fix/better option because though this requires a lot more effort, I can use this.

You don't have to make all of the units playable to switch to them as long as they're in your group. In your command menu, when selecting a single soldier, you have the option to switch to that soldier. See if that doesn't help.

This must not be the case anymore because the switch to unit button no longer exists and in replace is a greyed out "command unit" button, that cannot be used. Now, I can use team switch, but the same issue applies.

---

A few notes, I have quite a few add-ons. Many of them are new units/missions/gear, but I do have addons like ALIVE and AGM, which is most likely what I think is causing it.

As a side note, I've also tried playing with the ranks of the soldiers, and it seems that it's the same problem (regardless if my main unit has equal or higher rank and is squad leader or not)

Ideas?