IndeedPete

[SP/Coop 04] Contention Zone

Yes, rather tough time constraints in real life are keeping me from working on this project at the moment. (As they also do with my other public content.) Add to that that I joined an Arma 3 clan recently. So a part if not the majority of my Arma time goes towards (finally) playing the game and creating custom, private content.

Yes, rather tough time constraints in real life are keeping me from working on this project at the moment. (As they also do with my other public content.) Add to that that I joined an Arma 3 clan recently. So a part if not the majority of my Arma time goes towards (finally) playing the game and creating custom, private content.

But, nevertheless, thank you for the mission

But thanks for reminding us that we should have a new release someday in the future. The Eden editor put us back a little by damaging lots of the buildings but I think I sorted those bugs out now. Will visit the Zone this evening and see what else needs to be done.

• Like 4

Excellent map, but I have problems with the mission " connections". There is no attached picture displayed on the laptop and I can not find a transmitter on the top of facility. How can i solve this problem?

It's hidden in a room halfway to the top of the power plant. You'll have to climb a little.^^

• Like 1

Here's a new video of our progress with the anomalies:

• Like 7

Here's a new video of our progress with the anomalies:

it is amazing :o  when to wait for the release?

Glad to see you guys are still working on the campaign. :) Have to finish my first playthrough though.  

I'm having trouble, I'm on the task to look for all of the anomalies around the scrapyard, I've looked in all the likely locations but I can't find the freezer anomaly. I've found all the others, they were all around the exterior of the scrapyard, except the chemical one. I thought that maybe the freezer would be in the scrapyard somewhere, or around the edge of the wall, but i've even looked further afield, in the ruined town, in the villa with the scientist on a roof (stole his quadbike) To the end of every pier and even up the cargo tower. Can't find the thing :(

Go from the Scrapyard to the big solar power plant, then turn right and walk slowly towards the transformer station.

Go from the Scrapyard to the big solar power plant, then turn right and walk slowly towards the transformer station.

Thanks for the tip, I've done it now. But I have another problem, I'm on the task where I look for the shopkeep's assistant, I found him dead, leaning against a heavily damaged truck, presumably killed by the chopper that flies over, or one of the patrols that goes up and down the runway perimeter. There was no acknowlegement that I'd found his assistant. Even managed to drive his truck home. Didn't find anything in the buildings either.

Strange, might be a bug. Can't test that at the moment as I'm not at home.

No, it runs in proper SP.

*Snarking* This is not Apex Protocol. :D

• Like 3

First of all I have to say that after MERCS I simply love your job!  I wasn't even aware how much ArmA can offer when in good hands.  BTW now I know why BiStudio doesn't care much about making a decent SP campaigns (I'm a huge fan of ArmA since Operation Flashpoint and at the beginning SP campaigns were ok, but recently...  ) because they know that IndeedPete gonna do it for them anyway...and he's gonna do it damn good!

I've played a tons of campaigns/scenarios (like Resist, Deliverance, Hunter Six, Jungle Sniper etc.) but your jobs are the best - no doubt.

Now about the CZ.

I am not a big fan of Stalker series but this? This is awesome!  Immersion and post-apo climate are just amazing, ppe effect, sounds (that creepy crow scream!) makes me feel like I've been playing another Fallout - but good this time. When I passed a phone booth for the first time I've just shit down my pants! :D and finally the map - Altis...well it's not Altis any more. I can't even imagine how much work you guys have to put into that, but the effect is absolutely jaw dropping! From the distance and trough the fog I was wondering how the hell did they make all those new buildings? and then I realise that all those structures are made with all the standard arma 2 and 3 buildings...omfg! and everything is connected the way that still allow access to most of them - seriously amazing job!

Now I can't wait for the Ice! I'm sure it's gonna be great as well. Keep up that astonishing job guys!

PS

Please forgive my English, I'm sure you've noticed that is not my native language.

PPS

While in game I can't see any tasks, logs or conversations history...everything is blank...well at least now, because at the beginning I'd seen all of that. Now I took that job from Gravedigger to collect 5 body from the Factory but all I've found are those zombies. Is it coincidence that there are exactly 5 of them? I tried to load them somehow on the truck (after I killed them) but it seems impossible. I sure there is some clue in task description but I can't see it :/  

• Like 1

Wow, thank you, Gelus! Always nice to get that kind of feedback! As for the ambience, sounds, and alterations of the map, that's solely on Surfer. ;)

Now, this project desperately needs an update (as pretty much all of my existing work, duh) so bugs are unfortunately a big think at the moment. These dead bodies should actually lie on the ground. If they're not there for some reason, try this from debug console:

{_x setVariable ['IP_InTuck', true]} forEach IP_M03_DeadBodies;
  • Like 1

It seems like it doesn't work I'm afraid.

Should those bodies spawn somewhere around me or in some particular place?

PS

I didn't know that you are working together so Surfer - please accept my apologies and...please do more staff like this ;)

For the last few years I was really amazed actually twice: while played Miscreated for the first time, and while played your campaign. Thank you (both of you) for big dose of great entertainment!   

Hi Gelus,

Thanks again for your positive review and kind words! If you knew how much more content we have in the making that needs just a bit of finalization! ;-)

Trying to help with the Gravedigger: The corpses can be found in the north-western-central area of the factory, north of a contaminated storage building. Park the truck next to it, then an icon appears to load each on the truck.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Dear fellow Armaholics, Is this still considered Alpha?

Unfortunately, yes. I wasn't able to implement further content and desparately needed fixes yet. It's completely on my end. :(

Ok, here us eagerly waiting for the release :)

Me too. I enjoyed the Alpha awhile back and keep checking in. There's nothing quite like this around. Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

such a great atmosphere and gameplay but cant play it due to heavy pp affect. way too much for my eyes and no option to disable it or make it less intense  :blink: