IndeedPete

[SP/Coop 04] Contention Zone

How long did you actually wait for the blackscreen to go away again?

more than 2 min for sure. was entering esc-menu just to see if it actually hang but its running. can walk around (at least by the sound of it). what is odd, that once the game is saved the screen comes shortly back on just to get black again

Hm, that is weird, it might be a mod. If you intend to play it again, either try disabling some mods or just set the Blowout Interval to "never". In MP, this can be done in the parameters screen of the lobby. In SP, you can turn off Blowouts in the parameter dialog at the beginning of the mission (it's in the most left category).

Hey. First, thanks for the great mission. had a blast last night :). My question is related to the black screen after the "storm" hits. I have to fully leave the mission to get it back to work.

(it doesnt hang, just keeps the screen black so, save mission and load again). Is that a known issue, or is it just me? Is its me, where could it come from? Apart from some equipment mods I´m running: Blastcore, CBA, JSR DF (eden release), TPW, Enhanced Movement and VCom...

Strange, I never had such a problem and I play with a crap ton of mods too.

Hey. First, thanks for the great mission. had a blast last night :). My question is related to the black screen after the "storm" hits. I have to fully leave the mission to get it back to work.

(it doesnt hang, just keeps the screen black so, save mission and load again). Is that a known issue, or is it just me? Is its me, where could it come from? Apart from some equipment mods I´m running: Blastcore, CBA, JSR DF (eden release), TPW, Enhanced Movement and VCom...

I'm not sure if you are describing the same thing as what I am thinking of, but this seems like an issue that some other missions such as Pilgrimage were affected by. It seems to affect missions that have a custom setup screen where you can define parameters and it is caused when you are running any mod that gives a small error notice on game start. Such as with RHS-it gives a small error about a scope not being found or something. I'm not sure of a fix besides removing the mod causing the problem-but this may be the same issue.

Gave this mission a try as it seems pretty damn fun. Only problems I have is that my FPS never seems to go above 15. (I'm assuming that is just my dinosaur of a PC struggling to run the mission) And being incapable of finding the last couple Anomalies. Plus I manage to run right into them before actually realising and getting hurt. (Again my own idiocy) Shall give this another go, but love the atmosphere and general idea behind it.

Yep same problem TBH I have a better PC than you as ya know and FPS is 20 most of the time.

Performance isn't THAT bad come on guys. I run the mission with 30-45 fps on Ultra settings.

Performance isn't THAT bad come on guys. I run the mission with 30-45 fps on Ultra settings.

Well you gotta remember that not everyone has a monstrously powerful rig.

I usually play the game on Medium settings at about 20-30FPS in heavy combat. But Contention Zone just destroys my framerate from the get go.

Thanks for your replies!

May I ask what kind of rig you sport? And which mods, if any?

Thanks for your replies!

Running a Intel Core I5 760 @2.80GHZ,

8GB Ram (1333 mhz unless mistaken)

Nvidia 1GB 560TI

Harddrive is just general Western Digital 500gb @7200rpm that maxes out at about 150ish read and write speeds.

My rig isn't powerful by any means, just contention seems to start benchpressing my motherboard. :P

Oh and Running Windows 10 64Bit

Oh I forgot to say, with no mods at all.

Edited by jamie1992

Well you gotta remember that not everyone has a monstrously powerful rig.

I usually play the game on Medium settings at about 20-30FPS in heavy combat. But Contention Zone just destroys my framerate from the get go.

My rig isn't that powerful mate.

Thanks for your replies!

i5 4690k, 3.50GHz, 8GB Ram. I use all HLC mods, hidden identity v2, enchanced movement and cba.

I cannot really bring anything useful to the table with sporting a Xeon quadcore with 8 threads and 3.8 Ghz turbo alongside of a GTX 980. Last time I checked, it ran okay. Certainly better than older versions of the mission. Is that low frame rate a problem which is really related to Contention Zone or does it occur in, say, the official campaign as well?

As for now, everything heavy at runtime (random AI patrols, mission-specific objects, loot, zombies) is getting spawned when the player closes in and despawned when he leaves again. Only AI active all the time are the story characters and pre-placed patrols. I might be able to cache these patrols though, maybe it helps a bit.

I cannot really bring anything useful to the table with sporting a Xeon quadcore with 8 threads and 3.8 Ghz turbo alongside of a GTX 980. Last time I checked, it ran okay. Certainly better than older versions of the mission. Is that low frame rate a problem which is really related to Contention Zone or does it occur in, say, the official campaign as well?

The Main campaign runs somewhat decently, and a lot of mod missions also. Like Antistasi, Liberation, PMC Simulator, ALiVE missions, and so forth. They do dip now and then. Contention zone just seems to be a constant sluggish fps on my rig. Again however, my PC is not that powerful really.

How to enable standart color?

What standard colour?

What standard colour?

I think he means get rid of the post processing effect.

Okay, why would someone want to reset it? I know Surfer spent quite some time to get it right and it's one of the most powerful visual aspects of the zone. Unless of course, you run it on DevBranch with the visual upgrade. That might interfere, I actually don't know.^^

• Like 1

Okay, why would someone want to reset it? I know Surfer spent quite some time to get it right and it's one of the most powerful visual aspects of the zone. Unless of course, you run it on Dev with the visual upgrade.That might interfere, I actually don't know.^^

I dont know dude, I like the ppeffect I would never get rid of it.

• Like 1

Okay, why would someone want to reset it? I know Surfer spent quite some time to get it right and it's one of the most powerful visual aspects of the zone. Unless of course, you run it on DevBranch with the visual upgrade. That might interfere, I actually don't know.^^

I would like to disable and use ppeffect mod recolor. In I disabled it initPlayerLocal.sqf, but it is causing errors in log files. Has anyone tried will integrate Contention Zone and RAVAGE, it turns out interesting. Sorry for my English, I write through the translator.

I don't think the Ravage mod is going to do anything as it seems to be based on editor-placed modules.

• Like 1

Somebody can separately add on Chernorus anomalies, fog, rain, blowout and shop?

Maybe at some point in the distant future in a galaxy far, far away.^^

Maybe at some point in the distant future in a galaxy far, far away.^^

It's sad :(