Sign in to follow this  
squeaker

Where do I fly the new heli's to fly?

Hi all

Excuse the slightly dumb question, but I have bought the DLC bundle, I love Arma 3 and I think even though most of the content is free, I'm helping the development of the game by buying it.

However, I want to fly the new toys!!! I can't find any official scenarios that utilise the new heli's other than the tutorial sling loading one, so how do I fly the 2 new heavy heli's? Ok, I don't think I read anywhere that any scenarios would be included, but I kind of assumed that if you're putting in premium content, there's a way to access it from the word go? Or do I need to wait for someone to build a scenario, or even worse (with my skills), do it myself?

Well, even with the fact that this belongs in the Q&A section, here's what you do:

1. You go into the editor

2. You double click

3. You use the lists so that they show "BLUFOR" "NATO" "AIR" "CH-67 HURON"

4. Click Ok

5. Click Preview.

6. Fly around a bit.

7. Stop the scenario

8. Place some stuff under "EMPTY"

9. Click Preview and sling load it.

Congratulations you just made your own scenario. You can do this anytime you want. It's actually really cool.

Or you can find some guys and use a server that has the vanilla support missions playing on it.

yikes... your telling him to learn the editor. don't do it kid, you will get addicted. lol

Thanks for the pointers, I was hoping for an official thingy, but I guess I can try to make my own. After all, I can give up after making just one scenario... right? Well, I suppose a couple more couldn't hurt... I can stop anytime I want to...

Hi all

Excuse the slightly dumb question, but I have bought the DLC bundle, I love Arma 3 and I think even though most of the content is free, I'm helping the development of the game by buying it.

However, I want to fly the new toys!!! I can't find any official scenarios that utilise the new heli's other than the tutorial sling loading one, so how do I fly the 2 new heavy heli's? Ok, I don't think I read anywhere that any scenarios would be included, but I kind of assumed that if you're putting in premium content, there's a way to access it from the word go? Or do I need to wait for someone to build a scenario, or even worse (with my skills), do it myself?

I was under the impression that there was a new MP mode....something to do with Support and Logistics. I have not looked as this has zero interest for me but might be worth a look in the MP scenarios?

Hop this helps point you in the right direction ;)

Good idea Reaper, but I wanted some single-player stuff first to get to grips with the heavy-lift stuff before I unleash my dubiously named 'skills' on other players. :-)

Good idea Reaper, but I wanted some single-player stuff first to get to grips with the heavy-lift stuff before I unleash my dubiously named 'skills' on other players. :-)

There is a showcase mission. Look for it

Also, I'd be happy to make a mission for you. I like that sort of thing.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

yikes... your telling him to learn the editor. don't do it kid, you will get addicted. lol

Yes he will. I'm just the drug-dealer, though. BI is my supplier.

Well, even with the fact that this belongs in the Q&A section, here's what you do:

1. You go into the editor

2. You double click

3. You use the lists so that they show "BLUFOR" "NATO" "AIR" "CH-67 HURON"

4. Click Ok

5. Click Preview.

6. Fly around a bit.

7. Stop the scenario

8. Place some stuff under "EMPTY"

9. Click Preview and sling load it.

Congratulations you just made your own scenario. You can do this anytime you want. It's actually really cool.

Or you can find some guys and use a server that has the vanilla support missions playing on it.

Just for the record, THANK YOU for providing a good, succinct response to a question without any sarcasm or flaming :P

Showcase: slingloading.

Or go to MP new, internet, pick altis -> COOP 08 <[COOP] Support Rodopoli

[COOP] Support Stratis>

and then you get to play with tarus/hurons depending on mission.

I did mention in the OP i found the sling-loading mission... but thanks for replying anyway.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Also, I'd be happy to make a mission for you. I like that sort of thing.

That would be great, thank you!

I would happily play any user created missions, would like to try a similar thing to the sling-loading showcase, but with the MI-290. And does anyone else think of thunderbird two when they see that heli? ;-)

BI actually has some of their own servers which run the afforementioned game mode. However, it seems these missions only take use of Ghosthawks, Littlebirds, Hellcats, and other non-DLC content so that everyone can play. There is a coop mission or two that use the DLC though. And of course, there's always Zeus missions, and a game master could always use a pilot capable of flying the new helicopters for slingloading purposes!