antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

I am getting this error in my rpt whenever trying to add units to zues using ares, a few other functions are also not working including standard zues ones such as change time and weather.

This is what i think is causing the add units to ares function to fail.

12:35:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator,
12:35:56 Cannot create object 3:30 with type[Entity], param[Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator], NMT code[89]: 
12:35:56 Cannot create object 3:31 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[111]: 
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_333) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_91) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_413) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_415) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:31 (type Type_112) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:31 (type Type_113) not found.
12:35:57 Scripting function 'ares_addunitstocuratorfunction' is not allowed to be remotely executed
12:36:00 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator,
12:36:00 Cannot create object 3:32 with type[Entity], param[Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator], NMT code[89]: 
12:36:00 Cannot create object 3:33 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[111]: 

Anyone able to help?

Also Kroma there is  vanilla function for that called remote control, it is within the zues group in modules.

I am getting this error in my rpt whenever trying to add units to zues using ares, a few other functions are also not working including standard zues ones such as change time and weather.

This is what i think is causing the add units to ares function to fail.

12:35:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator,
12:35:56 Cannot create object 3:30 with type[Entity], param[Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator], NMT code[89]: 
12:35:56 Cannot create object 3:31 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[111]: 
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_333) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_91) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_413) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:30 (type Type_415) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:31 (type Type_112) not found.
12:35:56 Client: Object 3:31 (type Type_113) not found.
12:35:57 Scripting function 'ares_addunitstocuratorfunction' is not allowed to be remotely executed
12:36:00 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator,
12:36:00 Cannot create object 3:32 with type[Entity], param[Ares_Module_Add_All_Objects_To_Curator], NMT code[89]: 
12:36:00 Cannot create object 3:33 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[111]: 

Anyone able to help?

Also Kroma there is  vanilla function for that called remote control, it is within the zues group in modules.

From what it looks like, remote execution of the function is getting blocked.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Remote_Execution#Security

Could you change the exec code feature so that an object or unit can be passed onto it by dropping the module onto the object/unit's icon? It's fairly annoying to select the unit otherwise.

Could you change the exec code feature so that an object or unit can be passed onto it by dropping the module onto the object/unit's icon? It's fairly annoying to select the unit otherwise.

Could easily be done. I do have this in my "Fork" with my Debug Dialog.

I found out that there are certain objects you can use to turn a composition without messing the others up. Like hesco barriers or something like that.

Sometime that works but not always.

That would be great if you can make your compositions compatible with Eden editor ;)

• Like 1

Would be nice to add a way to set initialization code for a specific unit (e.g: double click)

I thought i'd post this here for those that have been looking for this in the past.

After a bit of messing around a couple of weeks ago, i finally got an animation script to work globally on a dedicated server (On the fly in Zeus). The next step was to see if i could create a custom ARES entry to drop animations onto AI units, for use in coop missions.

Again, after some messing i think i've cracked it.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172089-polpoxs-calm-animations-script/

This is using the original Polpox version, you can get the script on the link.  Just add it to your mission dir as normal, i use a scripts folder in the mission dir.

Then add the following to you init.sqf

//Ares--------------------------//

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand Rifle", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND_RIFLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand Table", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND_TABLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Hands Back", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "HANDS_BACK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Lean", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "LEAN"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Patrol", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "PATROL"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Briefing", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "BRIEFING"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Talk", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "TALK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Ease", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EASE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Exercise Push", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EXERCISE_PUSH"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Exercise Knee", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EXERCISE_KNEE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Kneel A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_KNEEL_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Kneel B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_KNEEL_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Prone A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_PRONE_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Prone B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_PRONE_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
	["Custom Animations", "Sit", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Rifle", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_RIFLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Low", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_LOW"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Low Sad", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_LOW_SAD"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit High", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_HIGH"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Table", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_TABLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Treat Wound", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "TREAT_WOUND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Wounded A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "WOUND_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Wounded B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "WOUND_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Kneel", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_KNEEL"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Prone", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_PRONE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Stand/Kneel", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_STANDK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Kneel/Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_KNEELS"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Dead", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "DEAD"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

};

There are a couple of the animations that don't react to enemy fire, but most do and i've found it very useful during our coop sessions.

• Like 2

This is already a feature (as of V.1.8.0)  - the parameters passed to the code in the exec code modules is the same as the parameters passed to the custom modules (that is, parameter 0 is the location in the world where the module was dropped, parameter 1 is the unit (if any) that the module was dropped on).

• Like 1

Could easily be done. I do have this in my "Fork" with my Debug Dialog.

How does one obtain this debug module? And also does it work for Animations, as I've been looking for something like this that can execute local commands with animations for some times now. The Ares one doesn't seem to work for animations. 

I can see you use BIS_fnc_arsenal for add full arsenal but for some how if i use BIS_fnc_arsenal in editor init and preview it i can change face, patches and voices but can't change face, patches and voices in ares arsenal, any solution?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436595969

Http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436595990

Bumping question as it was never answered.

I thought i'd post this here for those that have been looking for this in the past.

After a bit of messing around a couple of weeks ago, i finally got an animation script to work globally on a dedicated server (On the fly in Zeus). The next step was to see if i could create a custom ARES entry to drop animations onto AI units, for use in coop missions.

Again, after some messing i think i've cracked it.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172089-polpoxs-calm-animations-script/

This is using the original Polpox version, you can get the script on the link.  Just add it to your mission dir as normal, i use a scripts folder in the mission dir.

Then add the following to you init.sqf

{
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand Rifle", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND_RIFLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Stand Table", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "STAND_TABLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Hands Back", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "HANDS_BACK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Lean", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "LEAN"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Patrol", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "PATROL"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Briefing", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "BRIEFING"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Talk", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "TALK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Ease", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EASE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Exercise Push", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EXERCISE_PUSH"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Exercise Knee", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "EXERCISE_KNEE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Kneel A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_KNEEL_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Kneel B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_KNEEL_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Prone A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_PRONE_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Prone B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_PRONE_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Repair Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "REPAIR_STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
	["Custom Animations", "Sit", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Rifle", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_RIFLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Low", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_LOW"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Low Sad", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_LOW_SAD"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit High", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_HIGH"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Sit Table", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SIT_TABLE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Treat Wound", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "TREAT_WOUND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Wounded A", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "WOUND_1"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Wounded B", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "WOUND_2"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_STAND"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Kneel", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_KNEEL"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Prone", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_PRONE"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Stand/Kneel", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_STANDK"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Shooting Kneel/Stand", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "SHOOTING_KNEELS"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
    ["Custom Animations", "Dead", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "DEAD"],"scripts\PLP_calmSoldier.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

};

There are a couple of the animations that don't react to enemy fire, but most do and i've found it very useful during our coop sessions.

Ah you're the best.  I had been playing with animations for a little while but have been too busy to look at it again.  I'll definitely start testing it out.

I would like to request a feature.

Clicking on a player to get all of his inventory and health and location in a paste file, and the possibility to paste it back into the game. I managed to code custom ares functionality to show hints for a specific player but getting his gear I failed so far.

The paste in the arsenal tab appears to be bugged. The text field does not line break properly after 8 lines causing this:

[[],
[],
[],
[],
[[],[]],
[[],[]],
[["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","30Rnd_9x21_Mag","6Rnd_45ACP_Cylinder","150Rnd_762x54_Box"],[8,1,1,1,2]],
[[

Hi,
Love the mod, very usefull with making missions 'on the fly'

I have noticed one thing though with the Virtual Arsenal. When you place a full one it appears to be missing the Face, Voice and Patches Tab.
We found we were having the same issues when we were making script based missions. When we placed and item in the editor with the command:

["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

We would get the VA in game but it would be missing the last three tabs. Allthought, if we placed and item with the command:

this addaction ["<t color='#dc143c'>Open Virtual Arsenal</t>","arsenal.sqf"]; this allowDamage false;

then in the mission folder, created an a file arsenal.sqf and added the code:

["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

We would then get the full VA, as seen in the learn section of the main menu. Not sure why it is working this way, but it may help you if you wish to change yours over to the full one.

Cheers,

Duck

Posted solution to non-full arsenal issue on github :)

this does not tell me anything, where do i put the numbers in the expression, tried all 4 examples on the wiki that you listed and nothing works.

Hi,

Love the mod, very usefull with making missions 'on the fly'

I have noticed one thing though with the Virtual Arsenal. When you place a full one it appears to be missing the Face, Voice and Patches Tab.

We found we were having the same issues when we were making script based missions. When we placed and item in the editor with the command:

["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

We would get the VA in game but it would be missing the last three tabs. Allthought, if we placed and item with the command:

this addaction ["<t color='#dc143c'>Open Virtual Arsenal</t>","arsenal.sqf"]; this allowDamage false;

then in the mission folder, created an a file arsenal.sqf and added the code:

["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

We would then get the full VA, as seen in the learn section of the main menu. Not sure why it is working this way, but it may help you if you wish to change yours over to the full one.

Cheers,

Duck

used the .sqf method and worked

@theothertaylor

Thanks for the Stuff! Very Useful! 

I made some stuff for me, too. 

{
    ["ext_opt", "Move OFF", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) disableAI "move"]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Move ON", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) enableAI "move"]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Simulation OFF", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) enableSimulation false]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Simulation ON", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) enableSimulation true]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Engine OFF", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) engineon false]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Engine ON", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) engineon true]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Invisible OFF", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) hideobjectglobal false]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
["ext_opt", "Invisible ON", {[[[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "allVehicles"]) hideobjectglobal true]],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
};

But sadly the HideobjectGlobal doesnt Work on Dedicated Games, only Coop. 

Maybe someone can help? 

If some of the Animation dont react to enemys, can you make one Module for "leave animation", too? 

So, ARES does not appear to play well with EDEN.  Objects placed while in Zeus mode aren't staying when you leave Zeus mode and go back into 3d editor mode.

So, ARES does not appear to play well with EDEN.  Objects placed while in Zeus mode aren't staying when you leave Zeus mode and go back into 3d editor mode.

its the same with the 2D editor as before ill gues

If I could go into zeus, place units, and then save to mission file, why would we need eden. You can save Zeus creations when in Ares as a spawnable script. We would need a persistent eden functionality while gameplay was in progress with live rewrites of the mission file anyone is playing off of. Doesn't seem possible
  • Like 1

please update for eden compatability

How does it not work with Eden? It works the same as it always has in ZEUS for me.

Eden is not backward compatible with maps that you may have been working on before.  It says that it is, but it isn't.  
I have been using Zeus/ARES to build out templates in a 3d environment with pre-fabs, then saving with export sqm and copying to the mission file using MCC.
That is no longer possible as you cannot use ARES or ZEUS while in the 3d Editor.