antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

I'm new in this thread so please forgive me if I'm asking questions already asked but:

- I saw in YT video that someone was using thermal vision in Zeus but when I use my Zeus I have only normal vision and NV, how can I add thermal?

- Also, when I use save to SQF option for example on Stratis, is there a way to place things on Altis in NEW place? If I use "execute code" it spawns shit only in original position.

- When I create teleport flag on NIMITZ and I raise it to deck level ppl still teleport to water level when they use it.

- Sometimes when I take control of AI and he goes down but he is not dead I can't get out from controlling, only option is to respawn.

- Last one for now, can someone tell me what is the difference between "Execute Code" Local/Server/All Machines?

Hi, I'm new, too.

I'd really like to enhance Ares with custom sounds, usable within MP-missions. Zeus got some (very few) under Audio/Sounds.

I have all sounds I'd like to implement working in Eden (classes correct), but I'm totally blank with integrating these in Ares.

The theory is easy:

Spawn an object in Ares/Zeus, make a menue-entry in the init.sqy with sth. like this:

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{

["Special", "SoundFX", {["folderWithScripts\soundScript.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false]call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

};

In the soundScript I have to use sth. like this

objectCreatedInAres say3D "yelling";

perhaps skillfully used within a switch-loop for all defined sounds in the init.sqf

But I'm a noob with scripts and it would take weeks for me to figure it out by trial and error.

Anybody willing to help me with this? :)

Goal: Within Ares, I choose Sounds/sound1 ... soundX, click on an object in Zeus and this object 3Dsays my chosen soundfile. Alle players in the MP-Mission can hear this sound in 3D (based on its location). When I delete the object, the sound dies. This is exactly the same function as shown in Zeus (Audio/Sounds), but I don't understand how to expand this menue with custom made sound files. Would be an alternative, if anybody knew how to do that.

In the meantime I'm cheating with objects set in eden and triggers and putting those objects into the triggers when I need the sound, but this is awful and not as flexible as needed in MP-missions.

Would really help a lot to use Zeus or Ares for it.

Cheers!

Most of ARES features has simply seized to work after the last ArmA 3 update (1.58). Game logic modules just stick to the map and do nothing (I tested it, waiting for 2 hours). Seems like the last update broke a lot.

Ares is not working on my server...  Any news on the update.. We need it badly !!!!!!

The mod is client side.

its still working fine here!

• Like 1

IT is working, my bad.

We need it, with more options. Best tool for the arma3..

Awesome mod....

with all due respect - new patch added custom compositions in Eden and Zeus, so Ares, at least partly, are obsolete. scripted part is still useful, but it's working.

and btw, @ZEC has much more prefabs and still alive.

don't normally post after idiotic posts.... but WTF ?

• Like 4

Im guessing that he took issue with your obsolescence comment.  I think it would be more approptiate to say, redundant.

with all due respect - new patch added custom compositions in Eden and Zeus, so Ares, at least partly, are obsolete. scripted part is still useful, but it's working.

and btw, @ZEC has much more prefabs and still alive.

Maybe this mod is obsolete for you if all you use it for is compositions, but there's soooooo much more to it than that, that no other mod so far has come even close to replicating.

• Like 4

3 letter searches are verbotten....

RPT file for composition output.  How? Where?

There is something in the readme about RPT disabled and to use it you must add "Ares_Debug_Output_Enabled = true;" but I am not familiar with where.  The debug console doesn't seem to work.

Help appreciated.

Figured it out... my launcher was disabling logging.  Flipped that switch and now I have an RPT.

Hi, guys. I need help. Why I can't use some of compositions on my dedicated server? Only in Zeus in Eden Editor... First screenshot from my server, second - from editor.

20160724183855_1.jpg

20160724191638_1.jpg

So, I thought I would get back into some editing after watching the Awesome Luetin09 videos and first port of call... Download Ares.

Once downloaded and installed I was having issues (shown in Video below) and I couldn't seem to resolve them no matter what I tried. Now I must say my ArmA 3 install was OLD, like Alpha OLD (Updated obviously but not clean install etc)

So I thought, right, spring clean time and completely removed ArmA 3 and all old mods, folders, profiles etc.

Re downloaded ArmA 3 (Running as admin), ran the game to setup video settings etc, ran the editor, all fine.

Downloaded Ares (from the Workshop), loaded Ares in the Launcher, opened the game, opened the editor and I get the same issue.

Now I have noticed in peoples videos that on the right hand editor pane they actually have an 'Ares' directory heading in the file structure, I don't get this in mine so maybe that's part of the issue.

Anyway pictures paint a thousand words etc

https://youtu.be/bjhUUN9k9gk

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

Cheers

So, I thought I would get back into some editing after watching the Awesome Luetin09 videos and first port of call... Download Ares.

Once downloaded and installed *snip*

Just check the post above yours. This mod is no longer maintained. The spiritual successor is Ares- Achilles expansion: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191113-ares-mod-achilles-expansion/

Yeah, get exactly the same with that too.

Check my reply in the other thread.

Hi, good day. I don't get the paste at new position on the save and load menu ? Hove can i paste my code in to the mission.

I need help compiling Ares. I can't seem to get it to work.

I keep getting a "fn_Ares_init.sqf" not found error when i launch the game. The build from addon builder shows successful.

I am having a problem with my ares mod. I created a mission with zeus(including Ares), and tested it as a multiplayer game (LAN). It all worked well but when i resumed the game the next day the Ares modules were not working. Can you tell me how to fix this or overcome this?