antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

So when i save a multiplayer game to continue later, i can't use any Ares modules. I need to restart the mission to Ares modules work again.

Sorry my bad english :(

I apologize if I missed this, but wasn't there an ability to remove all weapons from a unit? Under Equipment or Util? That seems to be missing in the version I'm currently using. Does anyone remember this feature? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

New (minor) version released!

V.1.8.1
* Fix some broken inheritance for vests and hats that might have been interfering with other equipment mods
* Fix an issue where bad SQF was being generated by the for Guerilla and Civilian units when saving.
* Add enable/disable simulation modules.
  • Like 2

New (minor) version released!

V.1.8.1
* Fix some broken inheritance for vests and hats that might have been interfering with other equipment mods
* Fix an issue where bad SQF was being generated by the for Guerilla and Civilian units when saving.
* Add enable/disable simulation modules.

THANK YOU

How do the "enable/disable simulation modules" work then ?

Sounds very interesting !

Would you consider changing OPFOR and INDFOR FIA flags to 2 for the next release, so we can spawn them in Zeus?

How do the "enable/disable simulation modules" work then ?

Sounds very interesting !

They simply use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSimulationGlobalto enable/disable simluation for the object that they are dropped on. Can be used to turn off physics for objects you place in the world. Was requested in https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/201

• Like 1

You've forgotten to update the 'bikey' to the latest version - The keys folder still shows 'Ares_1_8_0.bikey' in the folder.

You've forgotten to update the 'bikey' to the latest version - The keys folder still shows 'Ares_1_8_0.bikey' in the folder.

Oh, yeah, I should have mentioned in the release notes:

For bugfix releases (1.8.X) I'm going to switch to using the same key as the initial release since it reduces the amount of key juggling that admins have to do. For versions with new features (1.X) it'll be different keys. The key naming will be updated in future versions to reflect this (i.e. 'Ares_1_9.bikey' or 'Ares_1_9_X.bikey' or something).

If people have concerns with this let me know I can continue to do one-key-per-release. The thinking is that this way admins only have to update the server if there is an actual feature release so people can take advantage of bugfixes on servers that support their feature release (e.g. 1.8.*) immediately. (Also - it's annoying to have to generate the keys all the time :) )

Excellent mod. Thank you for sharing. Any plans for compatibility with the new Arma 3 Eden Editor?

Excellent mod. Thank you for sharing. Any plans for compatibility with the new Arma 3 Eden Editor?

I don't really plan on doing anything Eden related until it gets further along.

Oh, yeah, I should have mentioned in the release notes:

For bugfix releases (1.8.X) I'm going to switch to using the same key as the initial release since it reduces the amount of key juggling that admins have to do. For versions with new features (1.X) it'll be different keys. The key naming will be updated in future versions to reflect this (i.e. 'Ares_1_9.bikey' or 'Ares_1_9_X.bikey' or something).

If people have concerns with this let me know I can continue to do one-key-per-release. The thinking is that this way admins only have to update the server if there is an actual feature release so people can take advantage of bugfixes on servers that support their feature release (e.g. 1.8.*) immediately. (Also - it's annoying to have to generate the keys all the time :) )

From my personal perspective as a server admin for my group I'd like to see the keys updated each time you release (whether bug fixes or a new features release). This ensure all parties that have the exact same version of the mod.

Hope that makes sense, and I understand where you're coming from (We can always create our own keys as we're not an 'open' public server).

From my personal perspective as a server admin for my group I'd like to see no keys updated each time a mod update is released (whether bug fixes or a new features release). This ensure that i have more sparetime to play the game.

As long as this stays a client mod it is not necessary to have only this or that version. Hope that makes sense ;)

From my personal perspective as a server admin for my group I'd like to see no keys updated each time a mod update is released (whether bug fixes or a new features release). This ensure that i have more sparetime to play the game.

As long as this stays a client mod it is not necessary to have only this or that version. Hope that makes sense ;)

Other groups likes to keep their mods on the same version

As long as its really nessesary im with you. For Ares and other "Spezial client only effekt mods" im not :P  In Clan/groups you also have a repository and therefor share the same version. We have it and use it ;)

There have been legitimate concerns from admins regarding keys that span multiple versions. I admin a server myself, and I get that it's nice to GUARANTEE that people are on the same version.

It's easy for me to know exactly what changes go into each release (I write the damn thing) but it's an undue burden to place on every other admin out there (plus, I'm not always 100% able to keep myself from allowing features to creep into point releases).

New versions will have the 'one .bikey per release' policy that I've had in the past.

Thank you for participating in the experiment :D

• Like 1

Hey guys, i've started trying to look at the "Custom Module" feature of Ares, as i feel this can offer alot to our sessions.

The first thing i would like to try and implement is modules for using an animation script by polpox. I'm pretty useless when it comes to scripting and even more so, when it comes to MP.  So with that in mind, i'm really hoping someone has done what i'm trying to do, or can instruct me on how to get it working.

Here is an example of what i have tried:-

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
    // Ares is loaded, register the custom module.
    ["Animations", "Lean On Table", { _nil = [this,"LEAN_ON_TABLE",false,"LIGHT"]execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf"; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
};

This results in the custom module showing up in Ares, but the script doesnt run correctly.  I wasn't expecting it to work and i can see a couple of reasons why, even with my lack of scripting knowledge.  But i haven't got a clue on how i would go about getting it to work.

If anybody could help me on this, i would be very grateful.  Just to be clear, i would like this working in a Dedicated server enviroment.

Thankyou in advance for any help on this matter.

Hi,

Is there a script I can execute to enable curator in any mission, or maybe an add-on? I would like to expand my usage of Ares into non zeus missions as a way to fix stuff and things when a mission breaks, eg teleport and spawning stuff.

My small group uses MCC for that stuff today but we would rather not have to do that. If we can only get into zeus Ares have everything covered.

• Like 1

shadow.d. ^bob^, on 17 Oct 2015 - 19:42, said:
Hey guys, i've started trying to look at the "Custom Module" feature of Ares, as i feel this can offer alot to our sessions.

The first thing i would like to try and implement is modules for using an animation script by polpox. I'm pretty useless when it comes to scripting and even more so, when it comes to MP.  So with that in mind, i'm really hoping someone has done what i'm trying to do, or can instruct me on how to get it working.

Here is an example of what i have tried:-
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
    // Ares is loaded, register the custom module.
    ["Animations", "Lean On Table", { _nil = [this,"LEAN_ON_TABLE",false,"LIGHT"]execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf"; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
};
This results in the custom module showing up in Ares, but the script doesnt run correctly.  I wasn't expecting it to work and i can see a couple of reasons why, even with my lack of scripting knowledge.  But i haven't got a clue on how i would go about getting it to work.

If anybody could help me on this, i would be very grateful.  Just to be clear, i would like this working in a Dedicated server enviroment.

Thankyou in advance for any help on this matter.
Check this post for a better understanding: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/178334-shoters-animation-script/(last post on this thread)
The issue right now on this (I'm struggling with the same issues ^^) is the fact it work only on local player, not on the dedicated server: meaning I (as Zeus) can see the animation, but not the players around it.
I've asked the same question on the Shoter's animation thread.

Any ideas are welcomed.

How can I restrict a zeus from using some or all of the ares modules?

They wont remove themselves even if I remove everything else using the game master module setting.

Is there a way to rotate compositions before placing them down? It seems that anything placed down is oriented directly North.

Its almost impossible to rotate them once placed without them getting all messed up. What happens is most of the time all the object conform to the middle of the composition or point of rotation OR most of the stuff gets rotated but a few are left in their original place or bounce around or something.

I found it a little easier by using the map mode and attempting to rotate them there once placed but even that is not always reliable.

Is there a way to rotate compositions before placing them down? It seems that anything placed down is oriented directly North.

Its almost impossible to rotate them once placed without them getting all messed up. What happens is most of the time all the object conform to the middle of the composition or point of rotation OR most of the stuff gets rotated but a few are left in their original place or bounce around or something.

I found it a little easier by using the map mode and attempting to rotate them there once placed but even that is not always reliable.

I found out that there are certain objects you can use to turn a composition without messing the others up. Like hesco barriers or something like that.

Hello.

Is it possible to add to this mod function of taking control over unit?

I mean moving from Zeus view to 1st person view of specific unit. It would be very handful.

Another question: is this mod compatible with Eden? I cant place anything to the map. I select eg, "add full arsenal" and try to place it on the map, however nothing happen.

BR.