antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

After much fiddeling and hairpulling I'm giving up on that.

If only Ares had a module that just turn it into the ordinary Virtual Arsenal, like what you can do with MCC with just a few simple clicks.

Not with alot of options.

Adding items in the inventory view IS the 'ordinary' Virtual Arsenal - there's nothing special being done by Ares when you use that path. All Ares does is make it easier to save items once you've configured a box,and add some sets of items. Maybe your definition of 'ordinary' is not the same as mine.

Okey. My definition of 'ordinary' is what you get when you go from Main menu -> Learn -> Virtual Arsenal.

So I'm trying to set up a custom reinforcement pool, and I can't seem to get them to show up in the list in Ares. I'm using the RHS optional file and I just added another faction onto the bottom by copy/pasting and changing the info to what I wanted. I'm trying to make an insurgent reinforcement pool, using CAF_AG infantry units and vehicles from massi's vehicle pack. The RHS units show up fine, like normal but no matter what I try I can't get the insurgent faction to show up in the drop down. I think it has something to do with the root class line, but I don't know enough about it to know how to fix it. Any ideas on what I should do? I've tried various ones from CAF, and I tried "" but it won't show up.

I know I'm changing the right file, because I've also been adding in extra vehicles from other mods for the russian and us factions and they are working, but not my insurgent faction.

CRITICAL BUG REPORT!!

when I try to Load object Original positions function in dedicated server, then server crashed! shut down!

Give them your server .rpt ? JUST SHOUTING IS USELESS !!

lol ok I will send them via Mail or something.

and I LOVE THIS ADDON SO MUCH LOL!!!!1

I still think it would be more complicated to set all the parameters than just dropping in the right units, grouping them up (CTRL-Dragging the vehicles together), and giving them a move waypoint. To do a module right, there's lots of things that would need to be set (vehicle types and counts, crew types and counts, waypoints for driving, etc...) that are non-trivial. I'll open an issue for it ( https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/173 ) since it's been mentioned a few times - that way at least it won't be forgotten.

Thanks man. Yea thats how I am doing it currently but like I said previously if you have the time please have a look at it

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you describe it more fully? What exactly would it do? Or would it just creating a UAV and give it a waypoint?

The Idea was that it is a support module like the artillery where zeus can provide reconnaissance by spawning a UAV. At first all zeus does is place the spawning point for the UAV and the reconnaissance area, maybe being able to set height and area covered. The units on the ground will then be able to log into the uav and control it as you would with a normal uav. But on second thought this might be difficult since you need to connect a uav terminal to a uav on the ground before you can control it.

What I would like to see is an option to delete all objects on the map within a given radius or inside a marker or whatsoever. Is that possible?

Love this mod, great stuff! thanks for all your hard work!

If you're looking for ideas for more things to add, I have a few things i would personally really like to see:

-Animation state player for units (already suggested i know, but would be fantastic)

-Ability to manipulate the inventories of units. Curator Presets Mod had this and it was very useful, but sadly it doesn't look like that mod is being updated any longer.

-Ability to damage or destroy specific parts of vehicles (i.e. tail rotor on choppers, turret on a tank, etc)

-A quick way to set the CombatMode of a group. Simple, but a pain to do manually often.

-Some way to apply settings of saved Arsenal loadouts to a unit without having to load up arsenal every time. Maybe just like drag a module onto a unit, pick the saved loadout from a list, and it applies it to that unit. Not sure if that's doable?

-Another daydream, any possibility of a selector that turns off/on all street lights in an area? Say if i have a base with 20 halogen lights set up, and i want to have something happen that turns the 'power off' for the base, maybe it could replace them with the off versions if they exist, and destroy them otherwise? MCC has a brush that does this but it just destroys them all, which looks very silly with tall lights.

-Improved fire support modules. The base one's in Zeus aren't that useful a lot of the time, since it informs the players of their arrival if nearby, and you don't have any control over their timing/spacing/delay. Would be great to get basically the MCC artillery options but in Zeus.

For some possible mod-specific modules:

Task Force Radio:

-the ability to drop a module on a unit or group to configure it's radio settings (i.e. set the CH1 frequency, for dropping into one with remote control and talking, without having to set it for each unit during control)

-a radio jammer module, set into a vehicle or building. They provided a script for this somewhere in the thread, would have to look it up, but it basically jammed any radio within X meters of the vehicle it was put on.

Authentic Gameplay Modification:

-set unconsciousness and revive unconscious units via AGM medical. simple to do via command line, but tedious.

-more advanced medical settings: injure a unit, start or stop them from bleeding, etc.

-ability to secure units via Zeus. Similar to the secure prisoner module in this, but via AGM, normally done through ziptie handcuffs.

That's about it for now, just some suggestions and thoughts, thanks again

I would like to request a feature:

Add option to remove weapon attachments from units in the equipment module.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to create a custom mission object. I've used various combinations of the below, but so far I can only get it to work with the Zeus that spawned the module/box. Nobody else can access the VAS or Arsenal box.

[

[

"Arsenal",

{

_vehicle = "Box_NATO_Wps_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);

[[_vehicle addAction ["<t color='#FFFF00'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}]], true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

_vehicle;

}

],

[

"VAS",

{

_vehicle = "Box_NATO_Ammo_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);

[[_vehicle addAction ["<t color=#33CC00'>Ammo</t>", "VAS\open.sqf]], true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

_vehicle;

}

]

] execVM "Ares_CreateCustomMissionObject.sqf";

And this one:

[

[

"Arsenal",

{

_vehicle = "Box_NATO_Wps_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);

[[_vehicle addAction ["<t color='#FFFF00'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}]], true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

_vehicle;

}

],

[

"VAS",

{

_vehicle = "Box_NATO_Ammo_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);

[_vehicle addAction ["<t color='#33CC00'>Ammo</t>",{["VAS\open.sqf","BIS_fnc_execVM",true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;}]

];

}

]

] execVM "Ares_CreateCustomMissionObject.sqf";

Edited by Caeden

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to create a custom mission object. I've used various combinations of the below, but so far I can only get it to work with the Zeus that spawned the module/box. Nobody else can access the VAS or Arsenal box.

And this one:

We do a very similar thing in our mission template that has VAS - https://github.com/astruyk/JTF2-MissionTemplate/blob/03150977eecd0c4d4a798106eb20d0d3a466a2f6/mission/Ares_AddVasCustomMissionObject.sqf

There are two things that are going on here that make it a bit weird:

1) The function to create the box is called on the server - this is to work around an issue we found a while back where some users couldn't see the box that was created.

2) The function to add VAS has to be executed on everyone's machine - otherwise it only shows up for the one user that spawns the box (in this case, the server)

The script linked is just called from init.sqf (there are a few we run to add random things the mission supports) using:

[] execVm "Ares_AddVasCustomMissionObject.sqf";

The same thing could be done for Arsenal.

We do a very similar thing in our mission template that has VAS - https://github.com/astruyk/JTF2-MissionTemplate/blob/03150977eecd0c4d4a798106eb20d0d3a466a2f6/mission/Ares_AddVasCustomMissionObject.sqf

There are two things that are going on here that make it a bit weird:

1) The function to create the box is called on the server - this is to work around an issue we found a while back where some users couldn't see the box that was created.

2) The function to add VAS has to be executed on everyone's machine - otherwise it only shows up for the one user that spawns the box (in this case, the server)

The script linked is just called from init.sqf (there are a few we run to add random things the mission supports) using:

[] execVm "Ares_AddVasCustomMissionObject.sqf";

The same thing could be done for Arsenal.

You sir, are the best! You've saved me from days of headaches.

I decided to combine them instead.

//-----------------------VAS-Arsenal-AIR-DROP-----------------------\\

Ares_Set_Vas_Air_Drop =

{

(_this select 0) addAction ["<t color='#FFFF00'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

(_this select 0) addAction ["<t color=#33CC00'>Ammo</t>", "VAS\open.sqf];

};

Ares_Create_Vas_Air_Drop =

{

_ammoBox = "B_CargoNet_01_ammo_F" createVehicle (_this select 0);

clearMagazineCargoGlobal _ammoBox;

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _ammoBox;

clearItemCargoGlobal _ammoBox;

clearBackpackCargoGlobal _ammoBox;

[[_ammoBox], "Ares_Set_Vas_Air_Drop", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

_ammoBox;

};

["Arse'n'VAS Cargo Box", { [[_this select 0], "Ares_Create_Vas_Air_Drop", false] call BIS_fnc_MP; []; }] execVm "Ares_CreateCustomMissionObject.sqf";

I would like to report a bug.

When AI is garrisoning a building, and a player enters it, the AI is not able to turn around and attack him, I think the garrison script forces them to keep looking out of the window.

I just might be in over my head here, but i simply cant get that arsenal thing to work.

Basicly i just want to start up a mission on my own pc, have a few buddies join in, and generate some random scenarios for us to play. So at every start i want an ammocrate of some sort, where we can open arsenal and have access to all weapons etc.

Here's what i do step by step:

Open editor and the map i want.

Place the playable soldier.

Preview.

Open Zeus with Y.

Place ammo box. I have tried to both empty it and keep the standard items in it.

Place Ares arsenal "put all" on the ammo box.

Tried all sorts om combinations in the settings that pop up.

Afterwards press Y to play.

open the arsenal on the ammo box.

And here's my problem: Everything is there except weapons. The only weapons is the mx and the p99 which the soldier has by default.

I have tried it both in editor and in a multiplayer mission. In multiplayer i have to start MCC first before i can start Zeus.

I have these addons installed: CBA, AGM, All in arma terrain pack, Blastcore, JSRS Dragonfyre, MCC and Ares.

I start the game with Arma2Sync

A couple of hours ago i completely wiped my arma 3 and reinstalled it, just to be sure that it wasn't some addon leftover that created the problem.

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm from Denmark :)

I just might be in over my head here, but i simply cant get that arsenal thing to work.

etc.

Hi Rygiel.

If your using MCC why dont you just use MCC to add the arsenal? Ares is more about weapon specific Arsenals, which in itself is very useful.

With MCC follow these steps:

1) Login through MCC and activate zeus.

2) Place a ammobox

3) Double click on the ammobox. (If your server and MCC is correctly setup you should get the MCC unit settings/init)

4) There should be changebox above the unit init box, select and scroll down to Arsenal, click on it.

5) VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Click on the "ADD TO PRESET" button at the bottom of the unit action box. There should now stand a script line in the Unit Init.

6) Close and bobs your uncle. Arsenal through MCC.

Otherwise I also suggest doing a bit of digging on the Scripting Forums and looking for a script how to add Arsenal through the editor, its more reliable than MCC since MCC can crash.

Also if you look at a post 3 posts back, that should also give you an idea what you can do to change Arsenal to a global weapons arsenal.

Cheers

Twak

I've had some issues in missions when using the 'add all' Ares functionality with things not showing up even though they 'appear' to be in the box when Zeus opens the inventory to look into it. I think it's an BIS issue but haven't had time to dig into it too far.

The workaround is to remove any weapon and re-add it manually through the normal arsenal process - that is, click on the + button to change a weapon from [infinity] to [0] and then click the - button to set it back to [infinity]. That has worked for me to get it to re-list all the weapons.

can you make the save probs to allowdamage false ?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking for a module to set allowDamage on objects in the world?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking for a module to set allowDamage on objects in the world?

afaik ares have save and load function that we place on mission by zeus, and i'm wonder can you make some module to make those object in to invincible.

what would be even more handy is module to hide / turn off the simulation for certain units in the radius area. Would increase the FPS in certain scenarios

what i want is, to make object that we place in game by zeus, in to non destructible.

is my asking clear now?