antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

will you be releasing a subsidiary pack that would contain the RHS moded base compositions created by Vernei's or ? also love the progress youve made with this mod

It's unlikely I'll add specific support for RHS (or any other mod) directly. There are some improvements I'd like to make that would make it easier to save & load sets of data (see https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/106 ) and then sharing custom objects should be easier than it is now. Similar to the way the unit pools it'd be nice to be able to load data defined by missions and from a config file (so you could edit it by hand).

I love the idea of the Compositions, but until we can rotate them - and adjust heights without them all clustering together, it's so frustrating to use.

Thank You Anton for all your hard work on this excellent expansion too Zeus functionality.

My question is:

Is there a way to implement "BIS_fnc_setPitchBank;" in the ObjectsGrabber or objectMapper?

I love the idea of the Compositions, but until we can rotate them - and adjust heights without them all clustering together, it's so frustrating to use.

It seems to work sometimes and not others. I'm not sure if it's map-dependent or what, but it's definetly annoying. I was very disappointed when the issue wasn't fixed in todays update. I'm hoping that they find and fix it soon. The best thing you can do is go to the issue in the feedback tracker and upvote it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838

In simplest terms, you can rotate them. When you release the mouse button, just don't have it over any of the objects in their original spot (edit: this is not a 100% solution). Doing this is what causes the clustering. It requires a little bit more finesse for fine-adjustments (especially with height) but is absolutely doable.

Hopefully BI will respond to the tracker ticket for this issue soon and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

(Edit: Anton tackled this one at the same time as me apparently, his answer works too)

I love building forts in arma and the tools for doing so just keep getting better and better (Yours included!).

I'm currently perfecting a sweet, Area placeable fort to share.

Edited by NoWay_AsWay

Have exactly same issue there, of course really frustrating. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I noticed when placing a Minefield for example, well after a short time (10-30mins) the Mines disappear, only the signs (Warning Minefield) which were placed with the Mines are visible, but not the Mines. What i am doing wrong in this case?

Are you going to add RHS Escalation to the mod? I would love to see US troops deploying in a UH-60 without doing much.

Post #102 is what your looking for. That link will lead you to a post with premade RHS Reinforcement pools

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185254-Ares-Modules-expanding-Zeus-functionality-Release-Thread&p=2830233&viewfull=1#post2830233

A feature I would like to see in Ares would be some better way to change the weather in Zeus.

Like a module you put that where you can set the state of weather you want and how long it will take to get there. So you could in fact let the weather get constantly better or worse over a certain ammount of time. Right now in Zeus it is pretty much:

BOOM! STORM!

Hi,

I love the mod, great work.

Please excuse me if this has been asked (or documented) already, but I've noticed that if I place autonomous units (darter, stomper, etc.) that are AI-controlled (as opposed to empty) and capture them with Ares, they are re-spawned (during load) as empty. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

I run Zeus on a busy Public server and often connect and disconnect while the server remains up and running.

I often get the following errors on re-connects which seems to prevent any of the ares functions working for me

23:19:32 Error in expression <er cursor: %1 (@%2)", _unitUnderCursor, position _unitUnderCursor]] call Ares_fn>
23:19:32   Error position: <position _unitUnderCursor]] call Ares_fn>
23:19:32   Error position: Type Group, expected Object,Location
23:19:32 File ares_zeusExtensions\functions\fn_GetUnitUnderCursor.sqf, line 45

Hi,

I love the mod, great work.

Please excuse me if this has been asked (or documented) already, but I've noticed that if I place autonomous units (darter, stomper, etc.) that are AI-controlled (as opposed to empty) and capture them with Ares, they are re-spawned (during load) as empty. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

I assume you're talking about using the Save/Load functionality with AI controlled units? If so, that's a known issue. Right now only static and 'empty' objects are saved. There's an issue ( https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/147 ) to add support for more unit types, but it's probably a little ways off.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I run Zeus on a busy Public server and often connect and disconnect while the server remains up and running.

I often get the following errors on re-connects which seems to prevent any of the ares functions working for me

23:19:32 Error in expression <er cursor: %1 (@%2)", _unitUnderCursor, position _unitUnderCursor]] call Ares_fn>
23:19:32   Error position: <position _unitUnderCursor]] call Ares_fn>
23:19:32   Error position: Type Group, expected Object,Location
23:19:32 File ares_zeusExtensions\functions\fn_GetUnitUnderCursor.sqf, line 45

That's weird. It seems like it's finding a group and not the objects in the group when trying to get what's under the cursor. Added https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/165

V.1.5.0 - 'Just in time for Christmas' Edition.

* Arsenal - Copying to clipboard (and pasting) now includes non-virtual items as well

* Arsenal - Fixes a bunch of issues where side-filtering wasn't applying to Vests, Weapons and Backpacks when using 'Add All...'

* Arsenal - Performance improvements when using 'Add All...'

* Behaviours - When choosing where to fire artillery you can now select a specific target by name

* General - Attempt to fix an issue when getting items under mouse when reconnecting to a server after running ares

* General - When in Zeus UI holding left CTRL and double-clicking on a unit will immediately take control of that unit.

* Reinforcements - When choosing LZ's and RP's you can now select specific ones by name

* Save/Load - Snap placed objects to the ground when using 'Paste Into New Location'

* Spawn - Add 'Spawn Smoke' module for spawning persistent smoke stacks. They can be attached to existing objects or placed in empty space.

* Teleport - Dropping the 'Teleporter' module on an object will now make that object a teleporter instead of creating a new one.

* Util - Added first-pass at a 'Change Weather' module.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Ideas...

Transport modules that have engine off options. As far as I can tell, the AI will continue to let the engine run in a transport vehicle once destination way-point has been reached. It be nice to have an engine off option (aside from hijacking the pilot and doing it yourself)... and a simpler one click system esp for helo's.

And.... I know some feel these are gimicky but...

• Fast ropes
  • HALO/Paradrop

Edited by lawndartleo