antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

Anton, thank you for making this addon - it saves me so much time when setting up missions for my group :)

V.1.2.1 Released

* Arsenal - Change the wording in 'All...' module to be more clear and require fewer selections for common use cases (See #155)

* Arsenal - Fix an issue where magazines weren't being added when using the 'All...' module

* Arsenal - Uniforms and helmets are now filtered based on side selection when using 'All...' modules to populate arsenal.

* General - Supress the RPT log output by default. Use 'Ares_Debug_Output_Enabled = true;' to re-enable

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Unfortunately most of that stuff is over my head. Is there a way I can add the ability to spawn RHS reinforcements back to Ares for all missions, or can it only be done on a per mission basis? Sorry, I barely know what I'm doing when it comes to scripting.

It's probably not going to come back as a default option in the near future - I don't have the time to put into pushing a new ares release for every mod that comes out. I do have an issue for the future to make it easier to define custom pools using a config file (instead of having to have it embedded in the mission) - https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/124 . The current implementation is more of a stop-gap until I can get that working.

That said, in order to use the scripts provided to add the RHS units back in should be really easy. You just have to do the following:

1) Copy the 'Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf' file into your mission folder (the same folder as your mission.sqm) file. It can be found in the '@Ares\extras\...' directory wherever you downloaded the mod to (or you can pull the latest version from the GitHub project directly here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/blob/master/bin/%40Ares/extras/Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf )

2) Add the following line to your 'init.sqf' file (you can just create a text file with that name if none exists):

[] execVM "Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf";

3) Then when you play that mission the RHS options should show up in the reinforcements list again.

Hope that helps.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

* General - Supress the RPT log output by default. Use 'Ares_Debug_Output_Enabled = true;' to re-enable

Thanks! :dancehead:

@AntonStruyk - thanks again for the up-date

That said, in order to use the scripts provided to add the RHS units back in should be really easy. You just have to do the following:

1) Copy the 'Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf' file into your mission folder (the same folder as your mission.sqm) file. It can be found in the '@Ares\extras\...' directory wherever you downloaded the mod to (or you can pull the latest version from the GitHub project directly here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/blob/master/bin/%40Ares/extras/Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf )

2) Add the following line to your 'init.sqf' file (you can just create a text file with that name if none exists):

[] execVM "Ares_AddRhsReinforcementPools.sqf";

3) Then when you play that mission the RHS options should show up in the reinforcements list again.

Hope that helps.

That worked perfectly, and was easy to do. Thanks! Now I need to look into making my own reinforcement pools...

Great work BTW

Any chance for a few more Compositions :)

The next feature version (1.3.0) will primarily be focused on adding more compositions. The things planned so far are:

* Some minefields w/ signage

* A bunch of wall sections to make putting together larger bases easier (lining up tiny wall sections gets tedious)

* A FOB helipad w/ lights

* A few more roadblocks of varying sizes

* A small house converted to a field command

* maybe some other things...

If there are specific things you want to see there's an open issue for suggestions here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/issues/86 ... Or you can add stuff here and I might see it :)

If you want to contribute you can also post the text Ares saves from the Save/Load 'Copy To Clipboard' module here (or in that GitHub issue) and I can convert that into a composition. If you're going to do that I suggest building things in the VR map where there's lost of flat empty space.

How do you rotate compositions around without messing them up ?

Most of the time after a rotation some objects ends up being stacker on top of eachothers.

Edited by Dorak

How do you rotate compositions around without messing them up ?

Most of the time after a rotation some objects ends up being stacker on top of eachothers.

It's a known general Zeus issue (see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838 ) - you can avoid the 'black hole' effect by making sure your mouse is not over any object when you release the mouse button. This goes for both moving objects around and rotating them. I find it helps to drop objects off to the side before moving them into position so I don't accidentally end up having them all stack on top of eachother because my mouse happened to end up hovering over the starting location of one of the things I was moving.

Great stuff, just watched all the videos. Could add some more functionality to Add/Remove from Zeus? I would like to be able to remove all the units from specific side (civs, BLUFOR, OPFOR, objects etc.). Also a module that would remove all the units again every time you open Zeus would be nice (to remove stuff dynamically spawned by other scripts).

V 1.3.0

* Util - Added module to dump composition code to RPT file (aimed at making it easier for me to generate compositions)

* Compositions - Re-organized the Ares composition menus to be a little more clear

* Compositions - Fixed some placement issues with a few existing compositions

* Compositions - Added a bunch more compsitions. Some of which are:

* Wall sections - to make generating corners and long areas of walls a lot faster

* Composite Walls - Added two kinds of walls, one for urban areas with chain fences and sandbags, and one for a defensive line of bunkers.

* Minefields - Lines of mine markers, including variants with AT, AP and Mixed composition

* Field Repair Base - Added field repair structure w/ decomissioned hunter

* Roadblocks - Added three more kinds of roadblocks of varying size

* FOB Helipad - Added a helipad for improvised bases with landing lights and some sandbags

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

It's a known general Zeus issue (see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838 ) - you can avoid the 'black hole' effect by making sure your mouse is not over any object when you release the mouse button. This goes for both moving objects around and rotating them. I find it helps to drop objects off to the side before moving them into position so I don't accidentally end up having them all stack on top of eachother because my mouse happened to end up hovering over the starting location of one of the things I was moving.

It seems like it might not be as simple as I thought... I was having issues yesterday when trying to setup a mission... I know the mouse thing is 100%, but it seems like there might be more to it than that. :/ Hopefully it'll get better in the next version.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hey i was wondering ythat you might consider adding new effects, like flames/smoke for us to place down?

hey i was wondering ythat you might consider adding new effects, like flames/smoke for us to place down?

There's a module for placing smoke already but it's disabled since I had trouble getting it working correctly in multiplayer in time for release. It should be coming back in the near future.

Anton and others,

I made a collection of pre-built bases/FOBs/Fighting Positions which can be pasted into any mission using the save/load module from Ares. It saves a tremendous amount of time when you're Zeusing and you want to create some sort of base or armored position. Please follow this link to Armaholic to download it. I hope that you guys get some good use out of it.

Thanks,

Vernei

Seems like it have 2 problem

first is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzkcB0QpEcY&feature=youtu.be

test with ARMA 3 + CBA + ARES

http://youtu.be/AXYkChdK2k8?t=2m19s

and this is not exactly the ARES video but Combat Space Enhancement, it also happen in ares condition

in short

it has problem in

Placing object or unit by zeus with ares at X Y Z placement

Seems like it have 2 problem

first is this

test with ARMA 3 + CBA + ARES

and this is not exactly the ARES video but Combat Space Enhancement, it also happen in ares condition

in short

it has problem in

Placing object or unit by zeus with ares at X Y Z placement

There are both issue with the core ARMA Zeus functionality. I know at least one was reported to BIS here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838

The best course of action would be to go vote the issue up or report a new issue at feedback.arma3.com if you don't think that particular issue covers your problems.

There's nothing I can do about these.

There are both issue with the core ARMA Zeus functionality. I know at least one was reported to BIS here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21838

The best course of action would be to go vote the issue up or report a new issue at feedback.arma3.com if you don't think that particular issue covers your problems.

There's nothing I can do about these.

K thanks for reply, they assigned so it should be resolve in future hopefully...

Hi AntonStruyk

I just want to thank you for creating such an awesome tool. It has dramatically increased the usefulness of zeus and has now replaced other mission making tools for mission making on the fly.

I was hoping you could ad a skill level module to zeus. We have the slider but it is really useless and doesnt say anything useful. We have picked up that when units are spawned with zeus, they ignore any ai behaviour mod and use vanilla ai. Was hoping you could at the bare minimum add a module which allows you to change the skill,command, spotting and accuracy of a group of units. This will dramatically help with mission making and gameplay.

Once again thank you for taking time to work on zeus. It is such a powerfull tool and is much more intuitive than other mission making tools.

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Do somebody know how to add these Templates to Ares?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27526

Where to put these folders from the download?

Here is the reply from the content creator:

Hello Baddazs,

You will need to download the Ares Mod Expanding Zeus Functionality first. If you need help, please use the Ares mod's wiki page which is very helpful.

Once you are running the Ares mod and you are in a mission as Zeus, find a flat and open piece of ground and go to the Modules tab (it looks like the 3 boxes) and find the Ares Save/Load module. Expand it, and select the "Paste In New Position" module. That will open up a blank box where you can type in text. Next, you should tab out of your game, open up the notepad file of the item you want to paste, select all of the text using CTRL+A and then copy it all using CTRL+C. Then tab back into Arma, and paste using CTRL+V in that box and press OK. That will place what you've copied into that location. Highlight everything and hold SHIFT to rotate it to your desired azimuth. Then highlight everything again and hold down ALT to raise it off the ground, then back down to make sure everything is properly adjusted to the new elevations. This makes sure that what you've pasted molds to the local terrain. Once you've done that, you're done!

Again, I realize its a bit of a process to paste these into Arma, but using this method is still significantly faster than creating them by hand and losing them after the mission is complete. Following these steps allows you to create a base or an objective to capture/destroy in mere seconds instead of tens of minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks!

-Vernei

Firstly let me just say, a huge thankyou for this, Zeus was a great feature by BI but as with most things, its lacks so much. You are really fleshing it out nicely...

I do have a couple of feature requests/ideas, i'm not sure whats possible, but these small things are the only real block in me making the switch completely from MCC.

Features:-

Weather - More control over the weather in a mission. The standard weather effects module is pretty useless for fine tuning a certain weather condition. If something could be done to get sliders or even just an interface to enter number values for each of the weather conditions as you can in the 2d editor, it would be superb.

Skip Time - The ability to skip time instantly to a desired value. The current Zeus module, seems to be a bit unreliable with the whole "4 Hours Later" or whatever cutscene and it does take a while to actually change the time.

EDIT ONE:- Copy Paste Arsenal Units - The ability to copy paste units already loaded with custom loadout. So you can put one unit down, load the custom loadout in with the arsenal module. Then just copy paste that unit with the custom gear already on. Currently if you do this, it just pastes the original unit without the custom kit. Dont know if this would be possible but it would save a hell of a lot of time.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Here is the reply from the content creator:

Hello Baddazs,

You will need to download the Ares Mod Expanding Zeus Functionality first. If you need help, please use the Ares mod's wiki page which is very helpful.

Once you are running the Ares mod and you are in a mission as Zeus, find a flat and open piece of ground and go to the Modules tab (it looks like the 3 boxes) and find the Ares Save/Load module. Expand it, and select the "Paste In New Position" module. That will open up a blank box where you can type in text. Next, you should tab out of your game, open up the notepad file of the item you want to paste, select all of the text using CTRL+A and then copy it all using CTRL+C. Then tab back into Arma, and paste using CTRL+V in that box and press OK. That will place what you've copied into that location. Highlight everything and hold SHIFT to rotate it to your desired azimuth. Then highlight everything again and hold down ALT to raise it off the ground, then back down to make sure everything is properly adjusted to the new elevations. This makes sure that what you've pasted molds to the local terrain. Once you've done that, you're done!

Again, I realize its a bit of a process to paste these into Arma, but using this method is still significantly faster than creating them by hand and losing them after the mission is complete. Following these steps allows you to create a base or an objective to capture/destroy in mere seconds instead of tens of minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks!

-Vernei

Thanks for this, i will try it and report here

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Edit: thx, works good with this description :)