antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

AntonStruyk. Thanks for your answer. Still a great addon.

Tried it yesterday with the RHS - Zeus Chernarus / Takistan mission on our dedicated Server. As soon as I chose Zeus and clicked continue the server went back the the #missions screen. Wouldn't work.

Other Mods used: A3MP, CBA, RHS.

I assume that mission works correctly with the same mod set minus Ares? Do you have an RPT log from the server?

Not sure if this is a bug or something but when I open the Ares Interface (To spawn Reinforcements) It flashes up then I have to press Esc to bring it up... once I have done that and made the LZ and RP I spawn the units in, however it spawns 2 of the vehicle inside each other and they instantly explode.

Please Help!

(If it helps I am running this on a MultiPlayer Server)

Not sure if this is a bug or something but when I open the Ares Interface (To spawn Reinforcements) It flashes up then I have to press Esc to bring it up... once I have done that and made the LZ and RP I spawn the units in, however it spawns 2 of the vehicle inside each other and they instantly explode.

Please Help!

(If it helps I am running this on a MultiPlayer Server)

On a local multiplayer server or a dedicated one? Are you running any other mods? What mission are you trying this with? Does it do this with all missions on your machine, or just one? Do you have Ares running on the server (if dedicated)? Is it running on more than one client connected at the same time?

On a local multiplayer server or a dedicated one? Are you running any other mods? What mission are you trying this with? Does it do this with all missions on your machine, or just one? Do you have Ares running on the server (if dedicated)? Is it running on more than one client connected at the same time?

It is a dedicated server and there is only 1 slot for the Game Master so I assume that he is the only person who can use Ares. Yes there are other mods, quite a list do you think it could be one of those? to name a few are ALiVE, AGM, STKR's British Infantry along with a few others. We are also using it on a modded map, in this case 29 Palms and Fallujah. I have not tried it with any other missions so I will get back to you on that.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

I just tried it on a vanilla map with no other mods and it worked fine so I am unsure what is causing the conflict?

Are there any known compatibility issues that you know of?

It is a dedicated server and there is only 1 slot for the Game Master so I assume that he is the only person who can use Ares. Yes there are other mods, quite a list do you think it could be one of those? to name a few are ALiVE, AGM, STKR's British Infantry along with a few others. We are also using it on a modded map, in this case 29 Palms and Fallujah. I have not tried it with any other missions so I will get back to you on that.

I just tried it on a vanilla map with no other mods and it worked fine so I am unsure what is causing the conflict?

Well we know it works on vanilla ;)

Do any of the other mods in "with a few others" affect AI or gameplay, or are they just physical asset (weapon/uniform) mods? Does this happen on any of the vanilla maps while running the rest of your modset?

If I were to guess, this might be a conflict with ALiVE or AGM. I have not gotten to test with these and there have been some other minor compatibility issues seen with AGM previously that AntonStruyk has been resolving.

I have tried it with a handful of our mods on an modded map and still seems to be working, But I really have no idea why it is not working on our server? :(

AGM and ALiVE seen to be compatible when I put the modules down.

I'm not aware of any specific compatibility issues. I'd try on a vanilla map with all of those mods enabled and see if that works OK. If it does then I'd try on your modded mission. My guess is that something is weird with the mission itself - I know our group had had some issues with Zeus on some specific missions (namely VTS) when running on our dedicated server (the issues were not Ares related, but general Zeus issues).

I might also take a look at the server's RPT logs and see if there is anything that looks suspicious.

The reason I asked about having more than one client running Ares was that until 1.0.2 there was an issue with this where they would interfere with eachother (even if they were not actually logged in as Zeus). AFAIK these issues are all resolved now though.

I tried the full mod-set on a vanilla map and I still have the issue, so yeah I am so lost hahaha really don't know what is breaking it :(

Could you add the possibility to save units in your selection? Would be neat to save manned outposts.

Version 1.1.0 released

Here's a quick summary of the changes:

V.1.1.0 Changelist:

* Arsenal - Added an 'Add All ...' option to Arsenal that adds all items from loaded mods automatically.

* Behaviours - Add ability for players to 'Release' surrendered units (as alternative to 'Secure'). Can also be applied by Zeus when dropping the module on a surrendered unit.

* Behaviours - Artillery targets are now named phonetically (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc...)

* Behaviours - Don't allow the surrender module to affect players

* Behaviours - Fix an issue where units garrisoned on a roof would not stand back up when un-garrisoned until they completed rejoining the squad.

* Equipment - Combined Enabling & Disabling thermals into a single module. Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups (when placed in empty space).

* Equipment - Combined flashlight control modules into a single module. Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups (when placed in empty space).

* Equipment - Created combined Enable/Disable NVG module (as opposed to just the 'Disable' that was previously present). Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups (when placed in empty space).

* General - Fix an issue where the item under the mouse cursor wasn't always being detected correctly.

* General - Fixed minor UI issue where 'Cancel' text in dialogs was wrapping incorrectly.

* General - Removed defunct CFB_AG script

* Reinforcements - Added ability for missions to specify custom reinforcement pools. See the wiki for details.

* Reinforcements - Added ability to set default behaviour of troops after they unload from transport

* Reinforcements - Added example scripts in the 'extras' folder showing how to define custom reinforcement pools.

* Reinforcements - LZ's and RP's are now named phonetically (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, etc...)

* Reinforcements - Tweak the default reinforcement pools to include fewer 'Lite' soldiers

* Teleport - Improved 'Teleport Group' and 'Teleport Single Unit' modules to not require teleporters.

* Util - Add more distance options when adding/removing objects from curator.

* Util - Made behaviour of Copy/Paste dialog (for Save/Load & Arsenal functions) consistent on dedicated servers and local servers. You MUST copy and paste by hand in all cases now.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@AntonStruyk - thanks again for the update .... great work !! --- will it be possible to make an unit a suicide bomber or armed civilian ? :icon_redface: - thanks

Edited by Spoor

@AntonStruyk - thanks again for the update .... great work !! --- will it be possible to make an unit a suicide bomber or armed civilian ? :icon_redface: - thanks

Suicide bombers - probably not for the time being - it would require assets that might not be present on all machines, because it's only installed on one machine Ares can't declare it's own new unit types. If your map already had support for a special unit type though, you could add them via a 'Custom Mission Object' (see https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#creating-custom-mission-objects )

You can currently make an armed civilian by dropping the default Zeus 'Arsenal' module on a civilian and giving them guns. Grouping them with a blufor (or opfor/aaf unit) should make them join that side. Alternately you could do something similar with a BLUFOR unit and just kit them up to look like a civilian with the same module.

Suicide bombers - probably not for the time being - it would require assets that might ................cut ................

Thanks for yr fast reply :ok:

V.1.2.0 Released

* General - Fix an issue with some modules running twice when dedicated server had Ares mod loaded (See #144)

* Spawn - Add ability to spawn submarine

* Spawn - Add ability to spawn trawler

* Save/Load - Include some larger options when choosing the radius for saving to clipboard (1k, 2k, 5k)

* Util - Add module to delete closest LZ, RP or Artillery Target (hack fix in case they are not editable, see #145)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for this mod, it's got some superb functionality!

One thing though - would it be possible to have a way of switching off all the rpt information messages that Ares creates?

It's very easy to generate thousands of lines such as:

"[ARES] Placed Object 3d444f00# 164046: hbarrier_3_f.p3d with [""] under mouse at position [1657.48,5501.05,-0.00144148]"

and this makes checking through the rpt logs for real errors much more difficult.

I doubt that anyone really needs a record of every object that they placed, but if you think they do, could it be made optional, perhaps with a config variable, so that those who don't want it can switch it off?

Many thanks again for this brilliant mod!

Apollo

Really thx for ur addon mate!

anyway Its impossible to make Editor's Object controlable-depoly in Zeus?

Its impossible to make Editor's Object controlable-depoly in Zeus?

From the Zues modules tab under "Util" you will find the "Add Objects to Zeus".

Did the RHS options get removed from the reinforcement module? I really liked having a quick easy way to bring in RHS troops, and the only options I see are NATO, CSAT and AAF now. I didn't see any mention of it in the changelogs either, just when it was added initially back in 1.01.

Did the RHS options get removed from the reinforcement module? I really liked having a quick easy way to bring in RHS troops, and the only options I see are NATO, CSAT and AAF now. I didn't see any mention of it in the changelogs either, just when it was added initially back in 1.01.

The RHS options are no longer included by default - you can add them back to your mission by defining a custom unit pool in the init.sqf of your mission. There's an example script (which will re-add the RHS troop pools from the previous version) included in the 'extras' folder in the mod. See this Wiki article for details:

https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras#defining-custom-reinforcement-pools

Unfortunately most of that stuff is over my head. Is there a way I can add the ability to spawn RHS reinforcements back to Ares for all missions, or can it only be done on a per mission basis? Sorry, I barely know what I'm doing when it comes to scripting.