antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Checked 1.01 and in the arsenal module most RHS weapons still dont show up (beside some of the AK's and some russian grenades). Anyone else who has this issue?

Great Mod,

improves Zeus a lot.

Could you by any chance improve the save and load feature, like making save/load to profile possible? That would be awesome.

Or maybe even let us save the whole zeus created content on the map and load it on the original position.

+1 for Group surrender

+1 for faction or area disabling of nvgs and stuff

Thank you for creating it!

this is awesome one of the best mods around , i would suggest JDAM air strike please add it in next update

thanks for making this great mod

Checked 1.01 and in the arsenal module most RHS weapons still dont show up (beside some of the AK's and some russian grenades). Anyone else who has this issue?

I beleive this is an issue with RHS itself and not specifically with Ares.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Great Mod,

improves Zeus a lot.

Could you by any chance improve the save and load feature, like making save/load to profile possible? That would be awesome.

Or maybe even let us save the whole zeus created content on the map and load it on the original position.

+1 for Group surrender

+1 for faction or area disabling of nvgs and stuff

Thank you for creating it!

1.0.1 was mainly focused on bugfixing. For next release I'm planning on improving existing features (the group surrender and side-specific NVG disabling will probably be there) and on trying to add some things that were cut just before 1.0.0 because of time (like spawning smoke pillars). I have some plans for doing things like profile saving/loading for Arsenal and Save/Load configs - but they're further out since there are already existing workarounds using the clipboard.

Does anyone tried with VTS and/or ASR AI ?

A lot of our testing was done while using VTS and ASR AI. To my knowledge there are no ares-specific conflicts with either of these. Please let us know if you find any so that I can try to reproduce the problem.

@AntonStruyk - can y do "Objects add to Zeus" with more options, like 1000 mtrs, 2000 mtrs upto 5000 mtrs - thanks

How about a Teleportsystem where you just click on the map where the unit should be teleported instead of having to play around with flagpoles?

This does indeed look like a must have addon, looking forward to seeing where you take this. I'm currently looking at alternatives to MCC, as i'm not too interested in all the new functionality MCC is adding, its really bloating with stuff i will never use.

I've not tried ARES yet, as i've been keeping an eye on it to see what bugs and things are thrown up in the early phases.

I do have a quick question, regarding use in a dedicated enviroment.

Would ARES be required for all clients to use all the features from a mission building point of view? For example, if i as the mission creator have ARES and its on the server aswell. Could i use something like the house occupy feature and still have clients without ARES have the AI occupy the buildings aswell?

I'm really trying to reduce the amount of addons needed for my group, as some members are not a comfortable with the ArmA file structures etc. So if this is something that could be used with all clients having it, it really would be perfect.

I do have a quick question, regarding use in a dedicated enviroment.

Would ARES be required for all clients to use all the features from a mission building point of view? For example, if i as the mission creator have ARES and its on the server aswell. Could i use something like the house occupy feature and still have clients without ARES have the AI occupy the buildings aswell?

Only the game master needs to be running ARES when it is signed to the server. It's a purely client-side modification to the zeus interface.

Played with ares last night, using VTS + ASR + other weapons/gears, some issues :

- zeus refreshing functions is sometime crashing, I had to switch tabs multiple times to get ares functions back, or the full list of them.

- At some time of the mission (about 1h30 after the begining), I couldn't assign waypoints to my units anymore, or at least it was not shown/editable in zeus.

Otherwise, you made us a must have addon, especially for the load/Save option. Thank you !

Played with ares last night, using VTS + ASR + other weapons/gears, some issues :

- zeus refreshing functions is sometime crashing, I had to switch tabs multiple times to get ares functions back, or the full list of them.

- At some time of the mission (about 1h30 after the begining), I couldn't assign waypoints to my units anymore, or at least it was not shown/editable in zeus.

Otherwise, you made us a must have addon, especially for the load/Save option. Thank you !

for the second i can confirm that this also happens sometimes using just zeus without ARES so it is not directly connected to ARES

Great addon !

Just one question how do i use the extra stuff about CAF aggressor ?

New version released: V.1.0.2

* Fix an issue where running Ares on a the server in a dedicated environment or on more than one client would cause a race-condition that would break lots of modules.

This should help people that are having problems with things appearing at [0,0,0] and other strange behaviour when running Ares on more than one machine. Keep in mind you DO NOT have to run Ares it on the server in order to use it - it can be entirely run on the client even when playing on a dedicated server.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@AntonStruyk - thanks for the new release .... downloading in a min :bounce3:

Great addon !

Just one question how do i use the extra stuff about CAF aggressor ?

The CAF aggressor stuff needs to be added to the mission itself, it just allows you to spawn some units through the 'Spawn -> Custom Mission Objects' module. Unfortunately when I was testing it the units weren't setup correctly for Zeus so they weren't working correctly that's why it's not included any more. It was really just an experiment to see if it would work - it didn't go so well. There's still some info here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras/3c2ae299f93252a5ad829b2d9bc35dfc2b0bd65b but those scripts are going to be removed in future version (you can always grab them from source history though).

Edited by AntonStruyk
Add some more info.

The CAF aggressor stuff needs to be added to the mission itself, it just allows you to spawn some units through the 'Spawn -> Custom Mission Objects' module. Unfortunately when I was testing it the units weren't setup correctly for Zeus so they weren't working correctly that's why it's not included any more. It was really just an experiment to see if it would work - it didn't go so well. There's still some info here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras/3c2ae299f93252a5ad829b2d9bc35dfc2b0bd65b but those scripts are going to be removed in future version (you can always grab them from source history though).

Ok thank ! Ares is already a great tool.

One idea of ai features : an easy landing marker for helicopter or plane, don't know if it is easy to do.

first of all, Im really thx with ur great work.

and can u add the functions that I can control and re deploy object which added to zeus via Ares module?

When I'm playing SP and save a game, when I restart the game the Ares options in the Zeus menu is gone. Is that how it works at the moment or have I set Ares up wrong or wrongly installed it? Great addon by the way.

Ok thank ! Ares is already a great tool.

One idea of ai features : an easy landing marker for helicopter or plane, don't know if it is easy to do.

There was a 'Land Helicopter' module in the pre-release version - it was buggy and hard to use so it was removed for release. I'tll probably make it back in again at some point though when I've had a chance to fix the issues with it.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

and can u add the functions that I can control and re deploy object which added to zeus via Ares module?

I'm not sure what you're asking for here...

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

When I'm playing SP and save a game, when I restart the game the Ares options in the Zeus menu is gone. Is that how it works at the moment or have I set Ares up wrong or wrongly installed it? Great addon by the way.

Ares is really aimed at supporting MP modes. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing up correctly when re-loading an SP game, and that sucks, but unless someone else wants to look into it it'll probably stay that way for a while. Sorry.

Tried it yesterday with the RHS - Zeus Chernarus / Takistan mission on our dedicated Server. As soon as I chose Zeus and clicked continue the server went back the the #missions screen. Wouldn't work.

Other Mods used: A3MP, CBA, RHS.