antonstruyk

@Ares - Modules expanding Zeus functionality - Release Thread

For some reason this mod keeps crashing/freezing my game as soon as I start hosting a server with it. Any idea what could be causing this?

I'm running on Dev-branch with quite a few other mods installed by the way, but the game only crashes after Ares is enabled, the game runs fine with the others enabled.

nice mod but i cant see any other mods in zeus after installing your mod i only see original faction that came up with the vanilla game

This is apparently an issue for some people running with MCC. I'm looking into it but don't have a fix (other than turning off MCC) at the moment.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

For some reason this mod keeps crashing/freezing my game as soon as I start hosting a server with it. Any idea what could be causing this?

I'm running on Dev-branch with quite a few other mods installed by the way, but the game only crashes after Ares is enabled, the game runs fine with the others enabled.

Is it possible for you to check the RPT for errors? Maybe there's a clue in there. I'm not sure how I could be bringing down the game - but it's possible it's a dev-branch issue.

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

Ok here are some more details.

Map:

Altis (BIs default ZGM 48+2 mission)

Other Mods:

-CBA (Version: 1.0.9.140907 RC4) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

-AGM (Version: 0.94.1) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25779

What units..:

I tested with BLUFOR and CSAT

Map location:

You can spawn them everywher.

Spawn location makes no difference.

Also the Spawn Unit function in the Reinforcements menu has the same problem.

The units will spawn at the bottom left corner of the map in the water.

Some Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8unkpuhnr78kwhv/AACAk5h-iE7Ckk3oR5c1Rhcfa?dl=0

Could you check your RPT logs and see if there are any errors in there (check the server as well as your local RPT's in case that has something to do with it)? I've been unable to repro locally even with that same setup - I have a squad member that has the same issue though so you're not alone. :)

16:34:31 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Ares\addons\ares_zeusextensions.pbo - unknown

This is the only mention of your mod in the RPT file generated after the crash. I'll keep trying and see if anything else comes up.

Also, this is what's at the end of the RPT file (When the crash occurs).

16:37:53 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

As you can see, the last entry is me attempting to launch the server but the game decides to freeze at this point.

For those of you having issues with Reinforcements and the Patrol modules creating things at the origin ([0,0,0]) - can you try grabbing the latest PBO from github (here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/blob/master/bin/@Ares/addons/ares_zeusExtensions.pbo?raw=true ) and see if that fixes anything?

If you're still having issues, can you please reply with a pastebin link or dropbox link or something to your RPT file? That build should have some additional debug log functions to help me track down the issue.

try your latest version, got stuck in editor, when i try to preview, it just stuck in 3rd person view and when i press esc there are some new menu come out called replay, and the X39 medsys, agm menu didn't showed up like unusual.

@AntonStruyk - again thanks for yr work it's really a great tool which needed by Zeus - in next release can you do surrender "whole group" and "whole group except leader" - thanks

PS: all works fine here on diff maps, SP/MP and dedi

EDIT: We have the exact same issue as Cyrus231 and Bamse !!

Edited by Spoor
Same issue

As you can see, the last entry is me attempting to launch the server but the game decides to freeze at this point.

This only shows that your server is now running. Not that you joined.

Just tried this mod, and it's brilliant. I do have a suggestion for garrisoning, though. In CQC, I've been finding that the units keep looking out the windows while I'm in the building shooting them. It makes it harder to get in, which is good, but everytime I've gotten into a building it's been pretty easy to clear. Maybe you could split the units between staring out the window and crouching in the corners facing towards the doors/inside of the room?

This is apparently an issue for some people running with MCC. I'm looking into it but don't have a fix (other than turning off MCC) at the moment.

Oh, I hope you find a fix, same problem here (with MCC).

Loading this with CBA, and AGM causes AGM to show "AGM Version Mismatch" even though AGM is loading and the versions match. This is on a dedicated server.

http://i.gyazo.com/cf94a43a7656aeaf293ecc8a8d1368af.png (2173 kB)

This is what the RPT shows.

[AGM] Player: ERROR missing addon(s): agm_core, agm_difficulties, agm_disposable, agm_goggles (and it goes on to list all of AGM)

Edit:

Info above added to github issues.

Edited by Cyrus231

+1. We are having the exact same issue as Cyrus231.

Found that the problem lies between Ares and the AGM "Check PBOs" module. As a short term workaround you can remove the Check PBOs module from your missions. (and have faith that your players have the latest AGM version)

Just tried this mod, and it's brilliant. I do have a suggestion for garrisoning, though. In CQC, I've been finding that the units keep looking out the windows while I'm in the building shooting them. It makes it harder to get in, which is good, but everytime I've gotten into a building it's been pretty easy to clear. Maybe you could split the units between staring out the window and crouching in the corners facing towards the doors/inside of the room?

This is a known issue and something of a long term goal I've been looking into. Handling AI can be a bit like herding cats, but hopefully we'll come up with something for this.

For a quick fix alternative, the ungarrison command can be used on AI in the building when players enter the building. The AI attempting to leave the building and the players attempting to enter the building should cause some action.

Could you check your RPT logs and see if there are any errors in there (check the server as well as your local RPT's in case that has something to do with it)? I've been unable to repro locally even with that same setup - I have a squad member that has the same issue though so you're not alone. :)

Hi,

I could not answer faster, because we had hardware problems with our server.

Also we had to reinstall everyting. (Windows, Arma 3 etc.)

And now the strange part.

It seems like the problem is gone now.

I dont know why, we use the same configs and same mission.

I will reply again if the problem will come back in the next days.

I just made a quick test.

Maybe the Mod loading queue is different.

I'm very interested in your Mod and hope you can go along well with MCC and will be very grateful if it works.

Little suggestion:

You can add objects to ZEUS, so the array of movable objects is limited. Please make a module to clear the list. Its better for the performance of client and server anyway.

And a module to move AI to server locality.

Would love ya. Thank you very much for all your work anyway, arma needs guys like you!

A new release of Ares is now available.

V.1.0.1

* Behaviours - Fix issue where 'Fire Artillery' module wouldn't work with units that were spawned by dedicated server

* Behaviours - Garrisoned units should turn to fire at enemy units now

* Behaviours - Possible fix for issue where sometimes patrols would set wapoints around [0,0,0] instead of around selected unit

* Behaviours - Prevent 'Patrol' module from generating waypoints for players

* Experimental (Reinforcements) - Added some CFB_Skins units to reinforcement pools. Will be tweaked going forward.

* Experimental (Reinforcements) - Added some RHS units to reinforcement pools. Will be tweaked going forward.

* General - Fix conficts with some other mods (MCC, AGM)

* Reinforcements - Possible fix for issue where sometimes reinforcements would spawn at [0,0,0] instead of where module was placed

* Teleport - Fix issue where creating too many teleporters would cause script errors due to running out of phonetic names

* Util - Fixed some issues where adding objects to curator would grab ambient objects (rabbits, snakes, etc..)

Edited by AntonStruyk
Fix typo

@AntonStruyk - thanks for the update

force light on seems not working :(

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

question, can i disable visible, invisible for player?

* General - Fix conficts with some other mods (MCC, AGM)

Thank you!

Checked it out and pretty impressive so far. The only "error" I could find so yet is that when you try to create a new arsenal with ares, you dont have access to a lot of weapons from the RHS: Escalation Mods. The only weapons I could add where the AK's and some russians grenades and thats it. Full Functionality with the RHS Escalation Mod would be really great