Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

Object Builder crashes since latest update

Just got the Helicopters DLC update and now I can't use Object Builder.

I keep getting this error:

df5e254b4f.png

I have tried completely removing the tools and installing again, not helping though:

Object Builder has not received any update with the last TECHREP. In most of the cases, your issue occurs when Microsoft Visual C++ libs are corrupted or missing , I invite you to try to reinstall them from "...Arma 3 Tools\_CommonRedist\vcredist".

Object Builder has not received any update with the last TECHREP. In most of the cases, your issue occurs when Microsoft Visual C++ libs are corrupted or missing , I invite you to try to reinstall them from "...Arma 3 Tools\_CommonRedist\vcredist".

Both are installed:

fc4035b0a5.png

b5d47bfb80.png

Unless I meant to install both architectures, or there is no 64 bit support yet?

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

EDIT;

Its the same error with x86

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

edit 2;

Worked out the issue. Object builder requires 2005 and a specific version at that

I looked at the manifest:

INFO: Parsing Manifest File E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\ObjectBuilder.exe.

INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).

INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195"

INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195"

INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195".

You need to use the following exact MFC update to resolve the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update

My suggestion is 2005 is added to the _CommonRedist folder (there is only 2010 & 2012 in there), or better still compile under a more readily supported vs release.

Weird, because I have it in my installation:

rem Arma 3 Tools\_CommonRedist: Folder PATH listing for volume storage
├───DirectX
│   └───Jun2010
├───DotNet
│   └───4.5.1
└───vcredist
   ├───2005
   ├───2010
   ├───2012
   └───2013

Can you double check?

Edit: I just check the depot configuration (on Steam) and VC 2005 Redist is defined here.

Edited by tom_48_97

This must be an issue from Steam or your side because I double checked the app configuration and it's declared as a dependency. I'll investigate a but on that.

I too have no 2005 in my folder, same as Shinkicker

*** UPDATE ***

I checked both folders, Arma 3 doesnt have the 2005, but the Arma Tools does have it. I think Shinkicker may have checked the wrong folder as I did at first glance.

Edited by hdchristopher

@hdchristopher: thanks for the feedback. So, you're situation is normal :cool:

@shinkicker: I investigated a bit, asked around and made some tests (verify integrity, configs, etc...).Conclusion: as far as I know, nobody else has the problem and regarding the redist., everything works as designed. As a test, could you, please, delete or rename the folder "_CommonRedist" and verify the integrity from Steam?