Sign in to follow this  
nikiforos

How to revert to 1.32 version

Hello,

Is it possible to revert to 1.32 version? 1.34 is very interesting and I love the news additions but unfortunately my frames took a hit and I want to make sure that the update caused the FPS decrease.

So is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Is it possible to revert to 1.32 version? 1.34 is very interesting and I love the news additions but unfortunately my frames took a hit and I want to make sure that the update caused the FPS decrease.

So is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

I would say that SPOTREP mentions a Legacy branch of the game, but could You, please, elaborate that we may try to fix the issue :icon_twisted:

The MANW contest build is the 1.32 version. So enter MakeArmaNotWar Arma3Legacy132 to the Steam's beta access code to use it.

Edited by Greenfist

Excellent I will try this as soon as I get home.

pettka I don't know yet if this is an issue for everyone or just for me. I will try to revert to 1.32 and if I see an improvement in FPS then I can tell for sure that the lower FPS relates to the 1.34 update.

I only play single player and the difference in FPS is visible both in editor and in missions.

Edited by Nikiforos

Update:

Yes!! Reverted back to 1.32 and my FPS are back to normal. So I'm 100% sure that update 1.34 caused the FPS decrease.

How did you measure this, by the way? In some particular SP mission, benchmark, or something?

And do you run any mods? They may have some incompatibilities with the new update which may manifest themselves as low performance.

Yes, I used Helo's Benchmark for Altis. I tested both with mods loaded and with all mods disabled. Before update I had 81FPS high/standard after the update I had 76-77 FPS.

I also tested some of my own missions in the editor and I could clearly see a difference in FPS.

It could have been much much better if BIS provided an official benchmark so we all can compare without people questioning the authenticity of the results.

Edited by Nikiforos

Update:

Yes!! Reverted back to 1.32 and my FPS are back to normal. So I'm 100% sure that update 1.34 caused the FPS decrease.

This seems like a serious issue, would you mind bringing it to the feedback tracker? http://feedback.arma3.com

Thank you very much!

Yes, I used Helo's Benchmark for Altis. I tested both with mods loaded and with all mods disabled. Before update I had 81FPS high/standard after the update I had 76-77 FPS.

I also tested some of my own missions in the editor and I could clearly see a difference in FPS.

It could have been much much better if BIS provided an official benchmark so we all can compare without people questioning the authenticity of the results.

> Helo's Benchmark for Altis

Where can I get it?

I ran some tests with 1.32 and 1.34:

1.32 Helo's benchmark: 68-69 fps

My own 70-AI-fighting-in-150m-radius-in-a-small-town-with-the-camera-flying-above: 32-34 fps

1.34 Helo's benchmark: 68 fps

My own 70-AI-fighting-in-150m-radius-in-a-small-town-with-the-camera-flying-above: 31-34 fps

Four runs each.

I think the Helo's benchmark is a pretty bad meter. It only has about 40 BLUFOR AI units with waypoints scattered around open areas of the island and some camera flyovers. No action, no AI navigating in cities, no heavy scripting etc. And if my average fps is 70 and occasionally going above 90, then that surely isn't very analogous to normal gameplay and the performance issues we worry about. Of course it tells something about the performance, but its scope is so narrow and in the already well performing area that I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it about the general performance.

On the other hand, it's so simple benchmark that if the two game builds show a meaningful difference in fps, then the culprit might be easy to find.

Hello , and thank you for your interest.

Here is the link for the benchmark:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19801

Regarding a ticket I could try to do something later today. I don't have the time really but I would do my best :)

Hi, did you get around to making a ticket?

It would be a shame if you didn't as most of your posts are about bad performance and the devs seem interested by this so it's your chance to get something done.

@Nikiforos, i have to confirm your observations, there is obviously a (new) serious performance problem, introduced with the latest stable update.

I use 'Helos Altis Benchmark' too and got the following numbers:

1.32/1.34 (default allocator, w/o GMF tweak):

~74.5/~69.5fps

1.32/1.34 (tbbmalloc, with GMF tweak)

~84.0/~79.0fps

With 1.32, this benchmark was running mostly smooth with my settings. With 1.34 it is notificable stuttering.

Thanks for your effort, to reporting and making a ticket for this issue.

Greets,

Fred41

Edited by Fred41

Defrag peple. Use a tool like O&O Defrag

... a good suggestion for a conventional HDD, but a bad one for a SSD ;)

After playing arma all day. Have noticed that there is something really off about the helis after dlc. As a passenger in a heli on 3rd person.

Stuttering and strange un natural flight behavior. Definitely not present in version 1.32

None of the pilots were using afm. All were on default. Didn't look right at all.

Need to know has anyone else that flys a lot in arma notice this on mp servers.

[...] notice this on mp servers.

It's definitely a older problem and most likely living in the netcode. ((I'm not able to say if it' happens more often now.))

Use a tool like O&O Defrag

Why use a third-party tool? The defrag utility Microsoft ships is decent.

[...] but a bad one for a SSD

For modern ones, it's just wasted time.

It's definitely a older problem and most likely living in the netcode. ((I'm not able to say if it' happens more often now.))

Why use a third-party tool? The defrag utility Microsoft ships is decent.

For modern ones, it's just wasted time.

I'm aware there are problems with arma multiplayer.

But dlc patch has brought a range of other problems, even worse dsync with any aircraft.I'm at 35 fps yet its stuttering like crazy have never had this before and its happening to people I'm playing with.Players floating

this patch has without a doubt brought performance 2 steps back.

desync and fps loss.

As far as I can see this is the only tread on forums about it.

Yep, true and to be honest I don't believe something will happen to the better. I made a ticket but with only 7 votes. Not enough for BIS it seems.

As long as I play singleplayer I will use this version , Arma3Legacy132, so I can still be able to enjoy the game.

It'd be great if BI made their own benchmark like they had in arma 2 and oa, actually.

But more advanced with lots of options and info about performance. And something to benchmark the server performance would awesome be too.

It'd be great if BI made their own benchmark like they had in arma 2 and oa, actually.

But more advanced with lots of options and info about performance. And something to benchmark the server performance would awesome be too.

Might be a reason they don't, find it out!

Well I have some good news, I just tried out the latest Dev build and frames seem to restored to the same level prior to 1.34 stable release. I also noticed a slight improvement which of course is a great development.

I don't know what you did BIS but thank you for that :)