Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Roping down humans not implemented?

Since this DLC is about helicopters and roping... the wanted feature of roping down humans (players and AI) was not implemented?

No it was not. It was stated in a dev-blog at some point that it would not be implemented. I can't remember the reasoning that they gave, but I'm sure it may have caused some technical issues or they wanted to get the animations right.

Fast rope is one of the highest voted tickets. Devs have specific instructions not to work on anything on that list. </sarcasm>

Take On Helicopters (same engine) had fast roping, and it looked and worked pretty good, so they know how to do it. Maybe, hopefully, they will add it later on.

TKOH fast roping - it did not work pretty good.

- did not work properly for player

- AI was unable to navigate on roofs

- AI pilots were unable to find roofs for sling loading

TKOH fast roping - it did not work pretty good.

- did not work properly for player

- AI was unable to navigate on roofs

- AI pilots were unable to find roofs for sling loading

Do you think those assets for fastroping would get released unbinarized? I think by doing that it could give modders for ArmA 3 the needs to get something far better working in-game.

That'd be a good idea. Just because the AI is too uncapable doesn't mean it should be kept away from players.

Do you think those assets for fastroping would get released unbinarized? I think by doing that it could give modders for ArmA 3 the needs to get something far better working in-game.

I second this. If you guys don't have the manpower/time to work on this right now, let us the community find out the bugs, and squash them. This way, maybe when we get it to work right, you guys at BIS can easily just use our version, and everyone benefits!

EDIT: someone make a feedback tracker to request unbinarized.

I second this. If you guys don't have the manpower/time to work on this right now, let us the community find out the bugs, and squash them. This way, maybe when we get it to work right, you guys at BIS can easily just use our version, and everyone benefits!

I totally support this.

A huge community of really skilled guys may as well be put to use and in the end everyone wins.

Here's a link to the Ticket

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21556

I'm sure the TKOH fastroping isn't just a bunch of models and scripts, but engine-level code which you just can't really port to Arma easily or at all.

I'm sure the TKOH fastroping isn't just a bunch of models and scripts, but engine-level code which you just can't really port to Arma easily or at all.

Perhaps but the Animations it comes with and the information in its scripts could help create a much better system than we currently have.

The RAV Lifter mod does an excellent job with fastroping. Still works after the last update nor does it appear to have any conflicts :)

The RAV Lifter mod does an excellent job with fastroping. Still works after the last update nor does it appear to have any conflicts :)

From my experience it doesn't work on multiplayer and there isn't any tutorials for multiplayer usage, Also Raven has been away from this forum for quite a while.

Edit: Also fastroping with Physx would be really good

Edited by deltagamer

Not only that, but the real baseline of the idea of Fast roping, is revolving around the new ropes, that actually move, and not a pole sticking down from your chopper and swinging around like a sword with the slightest movements. <.<

From my experience it doesn't work on multiplayer and there isn't any tutorials for multiplayer usage, Also Raven has been away from this forum for quite a while.

Edit: Also fastroping with Physx would be really good

Unless things have changed in the last few updates, my last group Arma Air Assault used the RAV mod in MP without any challenges. Admittedly I left the group four months ago, so an update might've changed it. I will note however, when it did work, it would change the order of your ShakHUD. Weird but true :rolleyes:

btw

as you can see it works nice , they just need a fast roping anim for that , thats it :)

HEY HEY, Tell them to use the Static MG (standing) animation! Than all should be good, and the player should always be facing the rope.

HEY HEY, Tell them to use the Static MG (standing) animation! Than all should be good, and the player should always be facing the rope.

WiP5WlD.jpg

:)

+1. This is a great idea guys, hope it will be implemented or at least the source files released. I too was a bit curious why BI didn't include fast-roping with this release...being that it is a Heli DLC. The new ropes with PhysX would be amazing to see for this type of operation.