Sign in to follow this  
Maj D. Schultz

Zodiac CRRC - Assault Boat

*AUTHOR'S NOTE: I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY WORK, MODEL, SOUNDS, SCRIPT, OR CODING. Feel free to use or distribute. Just please give credit where credit is due.*

With the release of FFV, I finally am ready to release a small project I've been working on the last 2 months.

If anyone doesn't care for the current Assault Boat for the following reasons.

Noise and overall Sound is terrible or far too loud to attempt to talk over.

Top Speed is too slow for you.

The "FFV" is extremely limited.

The handling/turn radius is extremely sluggish.

The reverse speed is too fast.

Then let me introduce you to the Zodiac CRRC.

It expands the "FFV" to allow you to shoot in a *180 (Looks slightly funky, but better then only looking in one direction.)

It features sounds from the ARMA 2 Zodiac CRRC. (Credit BIS)

Come's with a built-in pack and unpacking script so you can carry your boat anywhere. (Credit OHally's Boats*)

And has a custom gearbox (Credit FFAA Mod Team**) designed to help with speeds between Q, W and E. Also for when going in reverse. Meaning that if you use mods like AGM or CSE, you won't rocket forward and hit something and knock yourself out.

The handling has been modified so that the boat is maneuverable at slow speeds, although when traveling at top speed (50 km/h) it will turn with-in reason.

Edit 23/NOV/14

Updated the CRRC to version 1.01 to not have the bow so high up in the air, continued to fine tune the handling and other small adjustments to only improve the boat.

Dropbox link has been updated.

Edit 9/JAN/14

Updated the CRRC to version 1.02.

This version makes it so the driver has radar enabled so he can actually see what bearing he is going at. As far as I could tell, there was no way to enable the compass for him to use. So this was the only solution I could think of. Also edited the overall noise to be reduced "slightly".

Comment's, suggestions or otherwise. Please leave here or PM to me.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aenkrlw46ioyo13/ZodiacCRRC.rar?dl=0

ARMAHOLIC Download

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27272

Since mine was a custom boat, your script wouldn't work with it. So I added your script directly into the config. I take no credit for your work.

I peeked under your hood to understand yours because I'd already spent 15 hours on trying to figure out mine. You helped me solve the one piece that was eluding me.

Edited by Karneck

would be great to have some screenshots/video to motivate a download. will test this anyways now and give feedback later. sounds good from th description.

New mod 0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Karneck;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Whoops! Forgot to do the sounds correctly when I was renaming it from my test version to final. Stand by for hotfix.

Edit_

Edited by CosmiC10R

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The model is the vanilla arma 3 model.

The boat you can easily place in the Editor or via Zeus and use.

Of course. But the interest of a replacement config is to change vanilla for the enhanced model. It all starts from one simple fact : why do I need to have two different kind of same boat in the editor and why not use the model immediatly in every mission that integrates a Zodiac ?

Anyway, thank you and congrats for release :)

Updated the CRRC to version 1.01 to not have the bow so high up in the air, continued to fine tune the handling and other small adjustments to only improve the boat.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Updated the CRRC to version 1.02.

This version makes it so the driver has radar enabled so he can actually see what bearing he is going at. As far as I could tell, there was no way to enable the compass for him to use. So this was the only solution I could think of. Also edited the overall noise to be reduced "slightly".

So we are using OHally's Boats and have been since they came out, because we can take them as a backpack. If we add your mod, will the same OHally backpack turn into your modded boat? (backwards compatible?)

If not, then what is the classame for your boat when its a backpack?

My boat has it built in and only works for my boat. The OHally mod won't affect it, and my boat won't affect it.

Thanks for sending us the update :cool:

Pretty nice, it has useful features and I prefer the handling and speed over vanilla. Only problem is that there's no sound. I'll check if it's a mod conflict.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Disabled all mods but this, still no sounds.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

If it's the wrong version, I downloaded it from Armaholic.

I'll check the version I uploaded but I was running around the other day just fine.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

*headslap* I forgot to path the sound files correctly, my apologizes. New version has been posted on the dropbox link and should be finished uploading after some of my other files in about an hour.

1.02.1 - Hotfix to fix sound pathing for working sounds.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

It's uploaded. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aenkrlw46ioyo13/ZodiacCRRC.rar?dl=0

Edited by Karneck