Sign in to follow this  
 EO

DLC Helicopters off limits to modders?

Ok, i'm curious so someone set me straight.......I see dozens of reskined/retextured Arma 3 vehicles ranging from Hunters to Ghosthawks.....what's stopping all the talented modders out there just reskining the new Helo's that were released today.

Are they off limits?

Edited by evil-organ

Different encryption type. We cant open epo files (on my phone, there are epos still?)

Different encryption type. We cant open epo files (on my phone, there are epos still?)

I think it's .EBO

but all the same, I assume it's because they need to stop people from stealing the helicopters and releasing them for free.

Hopefully they'll figure out some way to separate the skins from the .EBO, allowing people to skin the vehicles without actually needing the rest of the files.

So do we even know what their classnames are so we can at least put them in our missions?

So do we even know what their classnames are so we can at least put them in our missions?

All new vehicles are mentioned on the community wiki :icon_twisted:

Not to mention that they are available in the Editor and Config Viewer is able to show their configuration :bounce2:

All new vehicles are mentioned on the community wiki :icon_twisted:

Not to mention that they are available in the Editor and Config Viewer is able to show their configuration :bounce2:

But we need a texture to make the skins and whatnot. :/

If they have hiddenSelections already, they might be defined in the configs already.

Otherwise BI has to document them (and probably release sample textures).

Our plan is to release the sample texture sources the same way as it has been done for Take On: Helicopters in a near future, if it is possible :icon_twisted:

Would it be possible to also have a list of the ppa files inside of the EBO?

I am looking for specific icons (side view of pods and containers) but I dont even know if they exists, since we dont have any access.

So, to keep it simple, would it be possible to have access to the files list inside those EPO without getting access to the actual data?

Edited by ZertyKchan
me french, cannot write english properly

@ ZertyKchan

Check the all in one config / dump config / config browser.

Yeah I know, but I am sure there are some hidden files not stored/used inside the config somewhere :)