Sign in to follow this  
spencer42

[SP/MP] Putin's Dream

My Site: http://spencersarmaness.wordpress.com

cgeKgs0.jpg

PUTIN'S DREAM V2.3

Description

This is a fun and immersive large-scale mission, which can be played single-player, or as a COOP, with anywhere up to 34 PLAYERS, but it WILL take several hours to complete, so be warned! Thanks to ALiVE's profiling system it doesn't need a mega-powerful machine to run, so it can be hosted AND played on any machine with upwards of 2.5-3GHz processor.

Installation

To play this mission, either subscribe to it on Steam, or use the download link and simply drag the Putins_Dream_v2.Chernaurus.pbo into your root Arma 3 folder -> MP Missions.

Synopsis

The year is 2017. Having taken the Crimean Peninsula 2 years ago, Vladimir Putin then marched troops into a large part of Central Ukraine. NATO and the Western Powers issued sanctions and tried to persuade Putin to stand down. Putin ignored all attempts at brokering a deal, and so, on the 17th of May, 2017, the US declared war on Russia. Putin's forces were now heading East, clearly on the march towards the main port cities of Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk. In an attempt to halt his progress, and stop him taking these key strategic positions, the US landed a relatively small force at these Major towns, and the neighbouring small airfield of Balota. Severely out-numbered, you must try to hold ground against the attacking Russian forces, wait for your forces to be aided by the steady stream of reinforcements, and then fight back, and force the Russians out of Eastern Ukraine, and crucially out of their airfields to the North-West and North-East of the region. Good Luck!

Mission Aids

There are several things you have to help you on your way:

• You can call in CAS and Transport via your ALiVE menu, provided you have an ALiVE tablet on your person. By default these are given to only Squad Leader's and Team Leader's, but can be found in the Supply boxes at HQ and at each FOB.
  • At HQ and each FOB there will be an Officer, where you can add AI squad members, Advance Time (This does not mean you will suddenly have lost ground, it merely sets the time of day if you particularly wish to start a night-time stealth raid on an enemy base, or a large-scale attack at dawn), or select an Assault or Defence Mission, which will HELO your squad onto an AI team that's attacking or defending an objective.
  • Also at HQ and the FOB's is a large Cargo Container, which has an option to 'Open Creation Factory' on it. From this, you can create any vehicle or object in the game (But for realism, obviously only spawn in things from the RHS mod).
  • You can create an FOB at your current position with Radio Alpha, which will take a few minutes to set-up, and once set-up it will create a respawn point there, a factory to create things from, and an Officer, with all the actions above.

Changelog

v2.3

- Added number of AI parameter;

- Added fatigue parameter;

- Added ability to Teleport between FOB's;

- Added ability to create High Command Squads;

- Added Grimes' Revive Script;

- Added Ready-filled logistics trucks;

- Added VAS (Virtual Ammo System);

- Added Arsenal and VAS at each created FOB;

- ALiVE 0.9.4 update compatibility (Artillery now works);

- Converted long Sleep commands to uiSleep, fixing extended delays (Notably Creating FOB's);

- Fixed crazy number of enemy heli patrols;

- Script Cleaning;

- Code Optimising;

- Minor fixes.

v2.2

- Fixed FOB Officers not appearing at created FOB's (Radio Alpha);

- Fixed created FOB factories now usable by all;

- Fixed Enemy FOB factories can now be used;

- Improved add Night Vision script;

- Added Designator Batteries to supply box;

- Changed SquadGUI to not auto-close;

- Minor fixes.

v2.1

- Added HALO Jump options to HQ and FOB Officers;

- Added Enemy Camps and FOB's, with Russian factories;

- Added NVG to AI units;

- Moved FOB's around to more suitable positions;

- Changed ALiVE's unit placement & priorities for improved battle balance;

- Fixed Civilian modules;

- Code Optimisations;

- Many other minor fixes;

v2.0

- NOW WORKS WITH A3MP AS INTENDED;

- Added parameter to Enable/Disable civillians;

- Added heli support at FOB Dragon;

- Added Items to Supply boxes at base and FOB's;

- Added Briefing;

- Fixed gap in walls at base;

- Fixed Date changes;

- Fixed heli stuck in hanger at NWAF;

- Fixed MP COOP size restriction;

- Fixed other minor fixes;

- Updated to [R3F] Logistics v3.1, which adds:

-Ability to send/sell back objects to the creation factory;

-The objects are locked to the side/faction/player/none;

-Planes and wheeled vehicles have been set as towable in default configuration;

-Countdown during the helicopter lift hooking process (stay hover);

-Logistics configuration for the "All In Arma" addon;

-Logistics configuration update from A3 1.22 to A3 1.35;

-Disable the R3F's airlift when the BIS' airlift is currently in use;

-Autonomous vehicles from the creation factory can now be used;

-Autonomous vehicles can now be loaded/moved/towed.

v1.0

-Initial Release.

Mods Required

With Thanks To

Team ~R3F~ (team-r3f.org) for their Logistics System;

Deamon Cleaner for his DMC Air Patrol script;

Bohemia Studios for their Game Engine.

Dislaimer

This mission does not reflect any real-world operations, nor is it meant to cause any offence.

Download Links

PUTIN'S DREAM STEAM PAGE

PUTIN'S DREAM DOWNLOAD

Armaholic Mirror:

Putin's Dream Co-34 (@)

Enjoy this mission and want more? Consider Donating, as it would really help me out. :)

Edited by Spencer42

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, this looks awesome. Gonna try this tonight. Thank you!! :yay:

This is a very fun mission but I encountered some bugs when I played it. For example, last night I was playing this with my group and we had about 8 people on in one squad. When we first spawned in, we all spawned at different FOBs. It was very frustrating because we kept restarted the mission to see if it would work correctly but it didn't. Secondly, the time acceleration is not correct in regards to what they say they are in the parameters. We had it selected as 15 minutes = 1 game hour (or something very similar). An in-game hour was essentially on a 1:1 hour/minute ratio. And I'm not sure if this was intentional but there were CSAT forces at the Northwest Airfield.

Edited by Kilo1-1

@Kilo1-1 Thank you for the feedback, v2.0 has just gone live and fixed many things. Though I'm not sure why the Time Acceleration was not working for you, that seems to work perfectly for me! :/ Were you running it on a dedicated server or locally? Because if run locally and you're processor starts to flag even a little then it may effect it, as Arma tends to put any time accelerations at the bottom of the priority pile. Try the new version out, and if it doesn't fix the problem then let me know :)

@paulone trololol.

when reading the tile, I first thought this mission was about riding on a bear, naked, wielding a railgun...

Haha one day there will be a mod for this, one day. :P

v2.2 released :)

it would be really nice if you could make a russian version of this map, because imho, the russian assets and vehicles are more fleshed out/ look nicer. would that be possible?

@nuker22110 Yeah I agree with you there, and I have been looking into it but couldn't decide how to do it... Same map same divide, same map different divide, different map (If so, which..?) I'm open to suggestions, but yes, a playing from the Russian side is definitely something I want to do. :)

@kulpole Thank you, glad you enjoyed! :)

@nuker22110 Yeah I agree with you there, and I have been looking into it but couldn't decide how to do it... Same map same divide, same map different divide, different map (If so, which..?) I'm open to suggestions, but yes, a playing from the Russian side is definitely something I want to do. :)

@kulpole Thank you, glad you enjoyed! :)

ideas : RUS VS middle east insurgents on takistan. Make it such that RU bases across the maps are isolated, and the connected by narrow supply corridors with the main base at the huge airport. vehicles travelling along the corridors would always get ambushed by IED, mortar and hit & run attacks. Helos constantly shot down by stingers. small american special forces 'advisors' on the map too. The only problem i can envision is that the middle east insurgent and RU are on the same faction. Not sure if there is a workaround for it.

Suggestions for current mission: Add selectable tasks( capture town, defend area/town, attack convoy, laze targets, medevac squad)

add a revive script that allows you to revive ai, and for ai to revive you(i know DUWS has one, but not sure what its called)

add selectable fatigue setting in lobby mission parameters

add selectable ai unit spawn in mission parameters to reduce lag

Thank you for your great work!

A friend and I finally got the dedicated server running on his PC tonight JUST so we could play this mission, didn't get to play for too long tonight but what we saw looked pretty awesome.

Love to hear whether it would be 'theoretically' possible to get this mission running on chernarus+ from standalone. Obviously just for private use by people who have A3 + DayZ. The more decayed feel of Cherno+ would suit this mission perfectly.

ideas : RUS VS middle east insurgents on takistan. Make it such that RU bases across the maps are isolated, and the connected by narrow supply corridors with the main base at the huge airport. vehicles travelling along the corridors would always get ambushed by IED, mortar and hit & run attacks. Helos constantly shot down by stingers. small american special forces 'advisors' on the map too. The only problem i can envision is that the middle east insurgent and RU are on the same faction. Not sure if there is a workaround for it.

Not easily, I mean you can change the mod config, but then everyone who wanted to play the mission would have to download the new version, and that's if the mission author allowed it. :/ If you can find an Insurgent force on BLUFOR or Independent, let me know! And what do you want the American forces to do?

Suggestions for current mission:

1. Add selectable tasks( capture town, defend area/town, attack convoy, laze targets, medevac squad)

2. add a revive script that allows you to revive ai, and for ai to revive you(i know DUWS has one, but not sure what its called)

3. add selectable fatigue setting in lobby mission parameters

4. add selectable ai unit spawn in mission parameters to reduce lag

1. This is currently a WIP, but once I get it all working smoothly it'll be in the mission! :)

2. URGHHH. Finding quality A3 revive scripts is a nightmare. I've put a revive in the next version (released probably tomorrow) but I don't think there's one out there that allows AI to revive players. Does DUWS definitely do this? If so I'll look through his scripts.

3. To slow down the fatigue effects would require an eventhandler or a loop for every player creating unnecessary lag, so I've added the option to enable and disable fatigue in the next update instead.

4. Added in next update.

A friend and I finally got the dedicated server running on his PC tonight JUST so we could play this mission, didn't get to play for too long tonight but what we saw looked pretty awesome.

Love to hear whether it would be 'theoretically' possible to get this mission running on chernarus+ from standalone. Obviously just for private use by people who have A3 + DayZ. The more decayed feel of Cherno+ would suit this mission perfectly.

I haven't got the standalone myself so it would be difficult to test. But if you ported it over to A3 (DayZ uses the A2 engine) then I don't see why it wouldn't work :) I'm not sure how tech-saavy you are, but BIS gave permission for the port of the A2 maps over, so I don't see why they wouldn't allow Chernaurus+. Firstly contact the BIS DayZ team and ask for permissions, and if you get it then Google how to port them over (I'm sure I remember watching a tutorial a while back) and see if you can do it. I know that may be a lot, but it's what would need doing..! Good luck!

Not easily, I mean you can change the mod config, but then everyone who wanted to play the mission would have to download the new version, and that's if the mission author allowed it. :/ If you can find an Insurgent force on BLUFOR or Independent, let me know! And what do you want the American forces to do?
The RHS config does work to allow CAF to be fought while you are OPFOR. We use it on many of our missions. You are more than welcome to message me and I can try and assist in any way possible.

Apparently, someone said in this thread that it is possible to use the CAF insurgents to play against RU. Perhaps this may help?

Also, yes i am sure that DUWS allows selectable revive option in the mission parameters, (revive off, humans revive, humans+ai revive). I just took a look and its there.

Thank you for your wonderful work once again!

edit: btw is it me or is the alive arty support not working? when i select the unit in the tablet, nothing shows up, when it should ask for the type of rounds/number of rounds

Edited by nuker22110

Spencer24, thanks for the answers and man this is a great mission, good effort. :)

AFAIK, Bohemia have stated that DayZ Chernarus+ is different to the Arma2 maps in the sense that it belongs to a different game that is currently under development (as distinct from Arma2 which is a preceeding game in the same series). While I think it's ok to do whatever you want for personal use I don't think anyone could legally distribute a copy of the Chernarus+ map in the same way that A3MP or AiA have been distributed (or for that matter run a publicly listed server with it, I suspect).

That being said the porting method findable thru googling works, even if it is crude and turns up a bunch of errors. I'm currently trying to copy over the mission elements in the A3 editor to see if my limited mission editing skills can get it working (it looks like some of the additions made in Cherno+ have messed with your object placement from default cherno but that seems to be fixable).

Apparently, someone said in this thread that it is possible to use the CAF insurgents to play against RU. Perhaps this may help?

Also, yes i am sure that DUWS allows selectable revive option in the mission parameters, (revive off, humans revive, humans+ai revive). I just took a look and its there.

Thank you for your wonderful work once again!

edit: btw is it me or is the alive arty support not working? when i select the unit in the tablet, nothing shows up, when it should ask for the type of rounds/number of rounds

Thanks for that link, I'm looking into it :)

And yes, it was a problem with ALiVE, which has now been updated to 0.9.4, and fixes this problem. Will be working in mission update later today!

Spencer24, thanks for the answers and man this is a great mission, good effort. :)

AFAIK, Bohemia have stated that DayZ Chernarus+ is different to the Arma2 maps in the sense that it belongs to a different game that is currently under development (as distinct from Arma2 which is a preceeding game in the same series). While I think it's ok to do whatever you want for personal use I don't think anyone could legally distribute a copy of the Chernarus+ map in the same way that A3MP or AiA have been distributed (or for that matter run a publicly listed server with it, I suspect).

That being said the porting method findable thru googling works, even if it is crude and turns up a bunch of errors. I'm currently trying to copy over the mission elements in the A3 editor to see if my limited mission editing skills can get it working (it looks like some of the additions made in Cherno+ have messed with your object placement from default cherno but that seems to be fixable).

Yeah, I agree with you on the public release side of things, let me know how you get on setting it up :)

Mission updated to v2.3:

- Converted long Sleep commands to uiSleep, fixing extended delays (Notably Creating FOB's);

- Script Cleaning;

- Code Optimising;

- Minor fixes.

Mission updated to v2.3:

- Script Cleaning;

- Code Optimising;

- Minor fixes.

would like to report a few bugs

1) respawn script not working, ai does not revive, even humans cannot revive other humans (unless its just me)\

2) after Halodrop fatigue turns back on

Thanks for the update

1) respawn script not working, ai does not revive, even humans cannot revive other humans (unless its just me)?

Fixed, unfortunately it needs AI to be in the player slots. So in this update, if you disable all AI except the slots with players in, that should fix it. :)

2) after Halodrop fatigue turns back on

Not entirely sure why it would do that, but fixed anyway :)

v2.3.1 released :P

Can't try this on our dedi server, we keep getting this

requires addon 'CAData'

We are using @AiATP not @A3Map

Any ideas?

I think you need to update your CBA, what version are you running? It's definitely something to do with CBA. Update link here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

I have CBA updated on our dedi and our PCs. My command line includes this @alive;AllInArmaTerrainPack;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@cba_a3

Okay, message me the log files of the server and I'll check it out for you. :)

I have CBA updated on our dedi and our PCs. My command line includes this @alive;AllInArmaTerrainPack;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@cba_a3

There is an error in your comman line : it should read :

@alive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@cba_a3