Sign in to follow this  
havatan19

life/rpg mods welcome in arma 3 ?

do you welcome life/rpg mods in arma 3?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. do you welcome life/rpg mods in arma 3?

• Yes, i like them and play them often
    • Yes, but i dont play the life/rpg stuff
    • No, all the life/rpg stuff should go to gta or similar game where it fits

Mil-sim is the past of Arma. PVP and RPG modes are the future. There are 100 Wasteland or Life players of every Milsimmer, BIS is not gonna ignore that market/money.

Firstly PvP is not separate from Mil-Sim.

I can understand why you think the trolling, Life, Dayz style games are the future though.

Its because all the kids play it and they are our future right ?

I would disagree I think its a fad, something new and shinny will capture the kids attention and they will wander off, to the new fad game of the moment.

ArmA Mil-Sim will continue as before but with a few new teenagers on board who prefer the Mil-Sim now over the youtube game of the moment.

Every now and again a Mod/Mission takes over ArmA.

Heres a few that have done this over the years :- CTI/Warfare, Domination, ACE, ACRE, Insurgency, MSO, ArmA2 City life, DayZ.

There are alot more names but I just put a few that I encountered myself.

You know some of these were so popular that they made it into the next version of ArmA, CTI became a part of ArmA2 from OFP and was named Warfare by BIS.

Alot of the features we see in ArmA3 were inspired by ACE.

As for ACRE I couldn't imagine playing without a radio mod now, well unless they fix ingame von to be as good as ACRE.

Domination, MSO and Insurgency inspired countless missions all based around the same mission models.

City life was the precursor for all the life missions/mods you see now. (i think it was called city life, might have been cherno life).

And well we all know how well the mod DayZ did. ( just count all the zombie survival games on steam now )

All of these very popular missions/mods have had criticism in the past, that they will ruin the game none of them have.

The biggest problem atm is that the new modders are stealing work and breaking laws.

I have nothing against the Life missions/Mods themselves except for when they steal.

As for them being the future of the ArmA series... nope! they may add to it but they are definitely not the future of the ArmA series.

Of course this is all just my own opinion.

Personally, my only gripe with these mods/missions is that they're so un-original. The 'cops and robbers' theme is old and done many times, why not be more creative and turn Arma into something unique? Like, for example, an amusement park sim. How cool could be that? You would get to either experience the theme park yourself, build it, or manage it - your choice. We had mods like these in OFP... ;)

Fix the filter. Let people play what they wish. Don't try be micromanage dictators because of Dick head players, every game has em.

Have played an Rp server back in arma 1 "life mission without the use of other peoples mods and no permission".. You got people who just wanted to kill others that's fine its natural. That is a server admin issue. When the same players go to a military mission and act like a Dick.again It is a server admin issue .

My point being people should get to play what ever interests them more, and play as they wish. Servers themselves dictate what is tolerated . they learn there are other missions and playing styles and enjoy them too with time.

When you start trying to control what missions are acceptable based on a poll. You have become apart of the problem not the solution.

I'm not going to vote because theres no "No, but i still play it" or "Varied opinions" vote option.

I play them and like the modes themselves, but the people playing them are often immature. (Besides maybe police often seem to act mature, because they have to be whitelisted most of the time.)

They buy the games and give money to BIS so they can (hopefully, looking at you BIS!) fix some of the issues that hinder various gameplay moments, but they often give a false impression of what the game is about (while there is really no objective, it's a military simulator at heart.) on media platforms like YouTube. You can control armies in this wonderful FPS game but what do most people do? Run around and KOS on various solo-modes.

I've just recently gotten into a milsim and loving every moment of it, compared to solomodes, it's a gold mine of experiences.

TL;DR So really, yes, i welcome them - it adds to the content the community has to offer. But also at the same time, most solo modes encourages lone wolf behaviour, and while it doesn't affect the milsim/coop communities, it does give a false impression to newcomers about what the game is about.

(Was not really a TLDR tbh, i just repeated myself...my forum'ing skills are horrible, sorry)

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

I would disagree I think its a fad, something new and shinny will capture the kids attention and they will wander off, to the new fad game of the moment.

ArmA Mil-Sim will continue as before but with a few new teenagers on board who prefer the Mil-Sim now over the youtube game of the moment.

While not a teenager, this is what happened to me. I bought ARMA2 for DayZ to play with some friends (and because i was interested in milsim after watching Dsylexi (not going to spell his name right) too). Well, i loved to play around with the editor in OFP back in the day when i was a kid, that was the first contact with the ARMA series. But now? I just recently got into milsim and im loving it. So i'm proof that your statement might be correct.