Sign in to follow this  
havatan19

life/rpg mods welcome in arma 3 ?

do you welcome life/rpg mods in arma 3?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. do you welcome life/rpg mods in arma 3?

• Yes, i like them and play them often
    • Yes, but i dont play the life/rpg stuff
    • No, all the life/rpg stuff should go to gta or similar game where it fits

since there are alot of life/rpg mods created for arma 3 and growing, same with the servers (more and more servers running life/rpg mods) what is your opinion about it ?

do you welcome these type of mods/gamemodes in arma 3 ? or do you want them to leave arma 3 ?

in my opinion, they should go to gta, why ?

because gta has the environment for the life/rpg mode, gta has the vehicles and proper cities.

life/rpg modes doesnt fit in arma 3. all the content in arma 3 isn´t really made for life/rpg modes. gta has proper car physics and car damage model. if you play life/rpg in gta, you can feel the life in it with all the stuff gta provides.

gta is made for the life/rpg thing.

arma 3 is made for military and wars.

when i play life/rpg in arma 3, it just doesnt feel right, i still feel the military environment in it.

The strength of the Arma franchise is its flexibility with only your imagination (and some BIS hardcoded things ;) ) stopping you. Everybody is free to play the game the way they like it if you ask me. Sure I'd rather see all those players in coop and CTI servers but I don't blame them for having fun in other game modes. My only concern is that BIS should stay focused on the military side of things and not blindly follow the masses in life mods, but I'm sure they will keep supporting the game in the way they originally envisioned.

Its a plague and we must destroy it! :p

The problem with this altis life and dayz community is they whining about great features like fatigue and advanced flight model, they want more and more a arcade game...

Its a plague and we must destroy it! :p

The problem with this altis life and dayz community is they whining about great features like fatigue and advanced flight model, they want more and more a arcade game...

This is essentially my only gripe with it. They can do whatever they like, but as soon as they start interfering with the betterment of the game for the sake of their own playstyle, they need to stop and remember that the primary function of Arma is military simulation, and that their gamemodes are only secondary to the main objective of BI in creating this game.

I have no problem with there being life/rpg mods, I just have a problem with the sheer amount of people playing them. I would say that something like 60-70% of ArmA 3's current online players are all playing a "Life" mission at any given time. Life servers tend to drown out and out-compete the other gamemodes that actually correspond to the theme of ArmA 3.

I have no problem with Altis Life, but they should be the minority, not the majority. I think that buying ArmA 3 for Altis life then playing Milsim on the side or not at all is just plain stupid, you can easily buy GTA or similar for probably a much lower price than ArmA 3 and get the same experience but much more polished and actually meant for that sort of gameplay.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Ah yes, and this too.

Anyone playing a mod or mission that deviates from the core gameplay should have no voice in the design of ArmA 3, I'm sorry but if you want to play a game with features meant for roleplaying, buy a game that is about roleplaying.

Life mods in principal are fine to me. Back in Arma 1 I was part of a community of around 30-40 people who played regularly and it was fantastic. Everybody played properly and there was no DM or widespread bitchiness.

However since Arma 3 the player pool has been flooded with poor players and dev teams(However these existed even in 1 and 2, DayZ is fully to blame). We're trying to put our Arma 1 style RP mod back together in 3 but we are really fearful of how many bad players are going to come along. I've watched videos of AL etc. and seen how at check points police players tell civs to F**K off or arrest them without reason. And civs just shoot at them saying "Oh I'm a terrorist" without having any cause or goals.

Maybe Arma has a more profitable future being developed For this style of gameplay? I've never played them myself but seems there's a big market for it... If I was CEO I'd definitely explore it.

Welcome is perhaps too strong a word, I basically don't give a sh*t, as I'm an SP player then as long as the game is not changed to accommodate them I don't really care.

Maybe Arma has a more profitable future being developed For this style of gameplay? I've never played them myself but seems there's a big market for it... If I was CEO I'd definitely explore it.

Life Standalone? It would make me happy, it would make Altis Life players happy, it would make BI's wallets happy...

Life Standalone? It would make me happy, it would make Altis Life players happy, it would make BI's wallets happy...

I agree. That would definitely restore balance to the Force :D

Arma 3 is.very flexible. Let people play what they want and stop worrying.about it. I dont play Life or Co-op Milsim, I play Wasteland. Life servers bore me, Milsim coop bores me. I like playing against live opponents in a huge open world combat (note I said combat, not military) environment. A3Wasteland fits that to a T, plus.it.adds gear/advancement persistence. Same with King of.the Hill.

There is room for all here, there is no "right" way to play.

We had these since OFP (Crime City, Nogville, Nogova Crimes). The difference between then and now is just that back then they were novel and interesting but today they have exploded in popularity. :p

There's no one sollution that would suit all but I do think BI could maybe explore this side of Arma a bit more. But of course not at the expense of the military/war/simulation themes.

There is room for all here, there is no "right" way to play.

Although I may disagree on you about the "right" way to play thing, that is just my opinion.

But fact is that no, there is not room for all here. Milsim coop servers and any pvp that isn't KOTH has been completely drowned out by Life Missions. This happened in ArmA 2 with DayZ, which did the same when it took off, but BI solved that problem by making DayZ Standalone (and made everyone happy in the process, I might add).

Also the bleed-over from life servers onto the few milsim/pvp servers that do get popular is awful. Although I do commend those who bought the game for Life and then wanted to learn and play milsim, there are just far too many Life players who see non-life servers as nothing but an opportunity to troll and dick-around instead of trying to actually play the mission.

The bottom line is that the Life community and milsim ArmA communities are vastly different, almost to the point where they are opposites. And I'm sorry but you cannot have two opposite communities trying to exist in the same game, because they are going out-compete each other and find each other vastly annoying.

What is really needed is proper set of filters for the mp browser. Nothing more or less...

What is really needed is proper set of filters for the mp browser. Nothing more or less...

True also steam server browser already does this a long time ago , for some reason ArmA 3 ingame browser doesnt

I would replace that arma 3 browser with steam one

Altis Life is the plague of ArmA. There needs to be a forced filter to remove them from the server browser unless a player installs a plug-in... Maybe then the influx of new players will be more interested in actual military gamemodes.

The mods themselves are fine.

The type of players it attracts are not.

I think people are being a little too elitist or assertive here with saying what people should play. Let people play what they will. I do agree there should be better server filters to stop drowning out the other servers.

Rp doesn't always have to be focused around cities, the concept of a mod itself is not a negative thing, as long as it is not purposely meant to otherwise be a destructive tool to the game itself.

The problem comes from the people rather than the content, how they go about using said content and their behaviour towards others.

Now that said, server filters would be nice, mentioned something like this happening a year ago

guess I should have been more vocal about it though. Edited by NodUnit

I think people are being a little too elitist or assertive here with saying what people should play. Let people play what they will. I do agree there should be better server filters to stop drowning out the other servers.

With all respect, is not about saying what people should play, is about what Arma was and what it is.

Arma was a Military Simulator aimed for those who like the genre, Arma now is a RPG with Survival game mods aimed for those who like the genre.

Obviously people has right to play whatever they want and also obviously no one has the right to say what people should play.

No. Hopefully after GTA's release all those players and developers of said mods will leave and never come back.

This. ArmA is whatever people want it to be, and above all it's a sandbox game. As long as they don't monetize other people's hard work.

Edited by ProfTournesol

as long as they repect all the rules and licenses with an good behaviour i think they can do what ever they want in arma.

Although I may disagree on you about the "right" way to play thing, that is just my opinion.

But fact is that no, there is not room for all here. Milsim coop servers and any pvp that isn't KOTH has been completely drowned out by Life Missions. This happened in ArmA 2 with DayZ, which did the same when it took off, but BI solved that problem by making DayZ Standalone (and made everyone happy in the process, I might add).

Also the bleed-over from life servers onto the few milsim/pvp servers that do get popular is awful. Although I do commend those who bought the game for Life and then wanted to learn and play milsim, there are just far too many Life players who see non-life servers as nothing but an opportunity to troll and dick-around instead of trying to actually play the mission.

The bottom line is that the Life community and milsim ArmA communities are vastly different, almost to the point where they are opposites. And I'm sorry but you cannot have two opposite communities trying to exist in the same game, because they are going out-compete each other and find each other vastly annoying.

Mil-sim is the past of Arma. PVP and RPG modes are the future. There are 100 Wasteland or Life players of every Milsimmer, BIS is not gonna ignore that market/money.