Sign in to follow this  
Die Alive

Volunteer work

I volunteered at a sperm bank once, but they kicked me out after one day.

Ya, they caught me drinking on the job tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 22 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya, they caught me drinking on the job tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The question is, drinking what? were you making an unauthorized withdrawl? biggrin.gif

I joined the military, I know all about volunteer work.  My LPO volunteered me to haul boxes around all day on Monday, and my DIVO volunteered me to brief the new one star when he came to visit our squadron.  

Seriously though, I can't wait to check aboard my ship in May.  They participate in many community relations events during port calls.  It sounds like alot of fun getting to visit the different countries, meet the people (not the usual people you find pierside), and lend a hand as well.  Plus it is actual volunteer work, which makes all the difference in the world  tounge.gif

USS Blue Ridge

Seventh Fleet

Othin your pic isn't working, site doesn't allow remote linking, if you want me to host it lemme know smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 22 2002,03:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you mean you donated you left breast?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No as one of my rellies died of cancer I do what I can I did a cycle ride from Townsville to Cairns raising $ for qld cancer resurch I don`t think cancer is something to laugh about.

I volunteer whith a youth group doing leadership and mentoring, also help coach a basketball team and also work the front counter at a community police station taking reports.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Sep. 22 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also work the front counter at a community police station taking reports.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

My brother did that too, he answered telephones, filed reports, and they even lent him a police car once to go drive and get food for the station. Then someone in the Union found out he was working for free, so they wanted to make his position a paying job, but the police departments didn't want to pay him and told him to get out. lol

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 22 2002,08:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then someone in the Union found out he was working for free, so they wanted to make his position a paying job, but the police departments didn't want to pay him and told him to get out. lol

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Yea isn't that a great system. smile.gif

Sometimes these kids can get pretty disciplined by the cops too, but I guess it's all for their own good.

I collected money a few weeks ago for finnish WWII veterans. We had our whole company doing it, raised a lot of money.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 22 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Sep. 22 2002,04:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also work the front counter at a community police station taking reports.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

My brother did that too, he answered telephones, filed reports, and they even lent him a police car once to go drive and get food for the station. Then someone in the Union found out he was working for free, so they wanted to make his position a paying job, but the police departments didn't want to pay him and told him to get out. lol

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Well I'm doing it because I am trying to become a cop and volunteering for them helps. I"ve passed the physical and written test and now waiting for my interview.

COLINMAN

Compton isn't all that bad, I go to school in Long Beach at Poly HS which is the same type of neighborhood. Sure, there are homeless drug users in the park next to the school, gang members out in front, and several undercover cops on campus, but there's not much crime, other than drug use. And no, Snoop Dogg is not really a Poly alum, he dropped out. Cameron Diaz however is.

As for volunteer work, I figure I'll try to help out a local hospital. Good free experience if you want to be a doctor.

Ive completed 37of my 40 hour required high school community service, most of that with my RCAC squdrn. I'm primarily driven by money, almost to the point of it being some kind of religion, so helping people usually dosen't have the same effect on me as it does most people. However it does effect me in some way when I stand outside a beer store with a tray of poppies and a WWII vet comes up and starts telling me about the war. I guess it brings back memories for them or somthing when they see a teenager in uniform

I recomend helping at your local VFW hall or your countries equivalent, I have a few friends at the local hall. And it's the best place in the world for war stories. Also a great place for me to put my BBQ skills to work smile.gif Cooking and eating biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Sep. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I collected money a few weeks ago for finnish WWII veterans. We had our whole company doing it, raised a lot of money.<span id='postcolor'>

Right. That's as "voluntary" as it can only be in the army. But I had nice time when we were collecting money for the vets. One of the first houses I visited had a pretty female occupant and I ended up spending my whole collection trip drinking coffee with her. Needless to say I didn't manage to gather much money, but I don't mind.

Voluntary work should be mandatory for everyone. biggrin.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and I ended up spending my whole collection trip drinking coffee with her.<span id='postcolor'>

Drinking coffee with her or "drinking coffee with her"? wink.gif

Ilta-Sanomien otsikko: Sotaveteraanikeräystä tekevät sotilaat tarjoavat myös PK-seuraa nuorille naisille. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Sep. 23 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drinking coffee with her or "drinking coffee with her"? wink.gif

Ilta-Sanomien otsikko: Sotaveteraanikeräystä tekevät sotilaat tarjoavat myös PK-seuraa nuorille naisille. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, considering that my marital status wasn't exactly single, I have to refrain from answering to that question. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Sep. 24 2002,13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, I service the community by giving lead injections (a.k.a. kinetic energy poisoning).<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLOL!

good to see you back Tank Thief smile.gif