eymerich

Sound Issue - Fps drop when a Apc shot

Until the fix is released on stable branch try and lower your sound sampling rate in Windows. Put it on "16bit, 44100Hz (CD Quality)" for your playback device and you can raise the samples ingame again. How to: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/973133

First of all, thanks.

Unfortunatly it doesn't helped me and still now, I can't use an apc or the gun of the ah-99 in my mission due to this damned bug.

Quite annoying in my opinion, considering this bug wasn't present in the alpha - and it is game breaking (at least to me) - and most probably it has been introduced when Bis changed the sounds in the game.

Let's hope the fix will arrive on stable build soon but, again, I am very disappointed about Arma3.

Hello all,

I am re-opening this thread, because since the last update (12/01/2015), I have some troubles with fps drop.

First of all, here's my config :

- GTX980M 4GB

- i7-4710HQ @2.5GHz Turbo @3.5GHz

- 16GB (2x8) DDR3 @1600MHz

- SSD 256 GB

So, I think it's a good enough hardware to play ArmA III... In fact, I was playing until 12/01/2015 with all settings set to Ultra or Very High (post-processing and general settings), and got an average of 50 fps, max 80 fps, min 30 fps. But since 2 days, when there's a heavy bombing raid of a Tigris or Cheetah, I got FPS drop from 50 to 1-3 fps.

I did some benchmarks  with 3DMark 11 : got a total score average of 11000 (pretty good for a laptop, close to a desktop GTX 970 build with 12000). I know that in comparison with the GPU, my CPU is the "weak link" but I really think it is good enough, above all I did not have these troubles before.

So I never had such problems before, and now the game is totally unplayable. Obviously the sound is very shitty while this issue.

I think (but I'm not sure) this is because of the last update which integrated more physics effect and my GPU does not use accelerated Nvidia Physix to releive the CPU, but I'm not sure ^^.

I will be glad to get some help from community, and/or feedback about people having same troubles !

Best regards,

WhyT

-snipped- posted that info in the wrong thread.

I'm having this issue all of a sudden after the new update, didn't have it before.  Anything shooting large shells in my area makes my FPS drop to almost nothing until the explosions stop.  Particularly happens badly when the Warthog Wipeout shoots in my general direction.

-snipped- posted that info in the wrong thread.

I'm having this issue all of a sudden after the new update, didn't have it before.  Anything shooting large shells in my area makes my FPS drop to almost nothing until the explosions stop.  Particularly happens badly when the Warthog Wipeout shoots in my general direction.

I've come to notice this happens a lot when the miniguns on the Ghost Hawk and Huron fire continuously as well.

Hi

I have the same issue.

Never had it before till the last update with +500 hours of online play.

All of a sudden when heavy AA /Jets or Chopper start shooting frame rates drop almost instantly to a crawl (like 1 or 2 fps) Its unplayable.

i7 3770K

16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum

EVGA GTX Titan SC

Coolermaster Pro Gold 1000W

Xonar STX sound

HD650 Sennies

No hardware changes on my side.

After the update it just went south completely.

Wish I knew how to fix it.