eymerich

Sound Issue - Fps drop when a Apc shot

I am sorry I am having an issue which is bothering me too much.

The problem is this: when an Apc shoot i get an incredible low performance my Fps going to 3\2 and making the game unplayable.

I have this mod:

- Rhs, Cba, Alive, Bornholm

I have tried do modify the sound "resolution" bringing it to 16 or 32 but the issue remains.

Someone does know how Can i solve this?

Thanks in advance

I get this same issue with and without mods...

I believe you are saying like, when the autocannon rounds hit... a few seconds after it just lags to hell, freezes for a few seconds and like 2-5 fps for about 6 - 10 seconds... with the sound glitching to fucking hell and super choppy... that is what I get.

Changing sound samples or any video/game settings makes no difference..

Happens for when autocannons, wipeout cannon, if I shoot GMG rapidly... too many impacts at once and this just happens, with and without mods.

Stuff like a ZSU will do this too, but NOT due to mods, its clearly about how many big rounds are impacting at once, if i shoot an autocannon, aircraft cannon or something off into the horizon, so it doesnt hit anything, or just in the air... no lag occurs.

Its when it HITS something, I tried changing particles settings... no difference either really, still horrible lag.

That's a well known issue, it applies to all ~30mm cannons.

Well known issue? Hmm... I have always got this but never heard anyone else getting it

Is there a feedback tracker ticket? Since this is a seriously legit issue.... I cant pilot an a-10 in a proper manner shooting without my FPS getting shrekt, and I can run the rest of arma fine overall so... this shouldnt be such a sudden dip to 3 fps under normal "lag" circumstances

That's a well known issue, it applies to all ~30mm cannons.

First of all, thanks for everyone's replies.

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed about the fact that, after 1 year, this isseu isn't yet fixed since it act as a game breaker to me (really: when an autocannon fires the game goes to lag and fps drop to 3/4).

Let's hope it'll be fixed soon...

Well, for some reason it wouldn't let me start a new thread, so I'm posting here.

This issue started occurring for me in the last 2 weeks or so. never had it before.

Every time a jet, a cheetah or a tigris fires rapidly, i get:

1. a significant FPS drop, between 0 (game freezes completely) to 3.

2. a horrible sound glitch, that is the sound repeats itself over and over and over.

3. the lag spike itself lasts between 3 to 15 seconds, to give a rough estimation.

Note that I do get this even when I run the game without any mods.

This has made the game completely unplayable and frustrating for me.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

greetings

Me too, any fix or workaround ? It's really gamebreaker as most missions are now using vehicles and helis, once someone fire a big canon, my PC choke and freeze like hell during the whole sound battery....

One of the reasons I only use tanks and not APCs in my missions. It's really sad but I can't comprise getting lower FPS.

I found a way to fix this!! (for me at least)

hit escape > configure > audio > reduce your "sound resources" to the lowest possible level (16).

it is possible that you can increase it a little bit and still not suffer from this. I presume that it depends on your machine, the server, and the mission.

all the best

Try the following:

- Update sound card drivers (if applicable)

- Update onboard audio drivers specific to your motherboard

- Defrag your hard drive

- Update BIOS

- Update DirectX

- Upgrade your computer (CPU may be the culprit)

I personally do not have any sound or FPS issues, so I can only speculate (I'm not about to replicate!).

Why would a sound card cause the game to lag though?

Also that seems like a hell of a lot for a glitch only happening in one game... arma is probably at fault here, though I dont doubt one of the options you have posted may work... this really shouldnt be nessecarry in the first place.

Also, anyone know what effects on the sound that changing "sound samples" will have?

Why would a sound card cause the game to lag though?

Also that seems like a hell of a lot for a glitch only happening in one game... arma is probably at fault here, though I dont doubt one of the options you have posted may work... this really shouldnt be nessecarry in the first place.

Also, anyone know what effects on the sound that changing "sound samples" will have?

Most of those are just simple possible solutions for people to try if they haven't already. Fragmentation in personal computers is a tough thing for game developers (or any software developer for that matter) to combat.

Sound samples or sound sources? For sound sources in ArmA, it just means the maximum number of different sounds you will be able to hear in 3D space.

Speaking of sound samples, for those having the sound/fps issue, try lowering the sample rate of your speakers via control panel -> sound -> speaker properties -> advanced.

How would the sample rate somehow lag the game???

Isnt that rendering done on my sound card?

I have a Xonar DSX or something, good card in my opinion,

Anyway tomorrow ill try some of these recommended possible fixes and tell you guys if any of them work.

This issue was really apparent when the A-164 and T-100 were first released. Since then, I have seen a lot of improvement in that area. Check all of your drivers. I have a CPU that's a quad-core at 2.2Ghz and I don't have these issues anymore.

How would the sample rate somehow lag the game???

Isnt that rendering done on my sound card?

I have a Xonar DSX or something, good card in my opinion,

Anyway tomorrow ill try some of these recommended possible fixes and tell you guys if any of them work.

Sorry for not answering your questions about the sound card. A dedicated sound card shouldn't cause the game to lag (nor will it increase FPS based on modern processors capable of handling audio pretty well) , but it doesn't hurt to check and update drivers in case there are any problems that could possibly interfere with game performance (bandwidth issues with the CPU).

Now, for those with integrated sound, game performance may be hindered if a combination of both outdated drivers and over sampling causes the CPU to either overload or focus on the audio rather than the game. Modern CPUs are able to handle audio with ease, but there may be problems when the incorrect settings (or hardware combinations) are applied. Check the sample rates of both the windows settings and RealTek (or sound card) and make sure they match.

On the other hand, the game may also lag due to the hard drive access time in which the sound is being fetched. Massive game freeze or stutters are usually caused by the hard drive.

I am only guessing, and the above may not even help, but its something worth trying.

Edited by norybiak

Im running a Sonar D2X and have experienced this did anyone try -noSound to see if it works ?

Do you have V-Sync enabled?

Yes, I've got adaptive V-Sync enabled, which limits the maximum FPS to 60 but turns of completely, if FPS are lower than 60.

Yes, I've got adaptive V-Sync enabled, which limits the maximum FPS to 60 but turns of completely, if FPS are lower than 60.

Sometimes V-Sync causes issues in some games. I just tried the exact same demo as in your video and I don't have any stuttering. I changed settings in ArmA 3 and Windows to try to replicate the issue but each test shows no apparent stuttering.

I am leaning towards hardware or 3rd party software causing the issue, which you will have to diagnose. This may be a hard drive thing.

No Vsync here and sound sample at 16.

Horrible drop of Fps when an:

- Apc

- Heli (with machinegunner)

-Plane (with machinegunner)

shots!

Same here. I have Vsync enabled. Sound sources settings is at maximum=128.

As i remember correctly i have had this issue in Arma 2, but it not reduced the FPS. In Arma 2 the sound gone out, when i shoot multiple rockets on the ground with mi-24. Maybe is there some audio morphing in A3 to fix the A2 sound issue and this cause the huge FPS drop?

Hello

is there a Dev in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Signed by a very very disappointed customer

Hello

is there a Dev in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Signed by a very very disappointed customer

The issue has already been fixed. The fix will come with the next update, which will probably be released before christmas.

Ticket

Kind Regards

R3vo

The issue has already been fixed. The fix will come with the next update, which will probably be released before christmas.

Ticket

Kind Regards

R3vo

Thank you very much and, in this case, thanks to Bis for their customer's support.

:)