Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

commandSearch | Google Instant for ArmA commands

Salutations,

TL-DR: This is basically Google Instant with ArmA commands

commandSearch

http://i.imgur.com/yLWuQnb.gif (1337 kB)

UvOiYUh.png

Today I'd like to announce a new web project for ArmA developers, commandSearch.

commandSearch is a web-app that allows you to access all ArmA 3 commands in a quick, streamlined way.

You see, I'm the developer of Dynamic Zombie Sandbox (for those who remember it :P), and going through the massive list of commands was a bit annoying, as was the huge number of tabs I ended up opening. So today I decided to make something that would make things a bit easier.

commandSearch retrieves a list of all the ArmA 3 commands and lets you search them, and as you search them the details appear below. You don't have to click, press enter, or anything. Just type. Also, as it retrieves the list directly from the biki, it's always up to date. :)

Give it a try!!

commandSearch

-Craig

Edited by bobtom

Oh hey that's neat. Subscribed.

Loads fast, responsive, and auto filters the entire list as you type ?? Yeah this is in favorites..

Edited by Iceman77

Glad you guys like it!

Let me know if there's anything wrong or anything you want added.

You could do one for the functions page too :D.

It should just lead to biki page. The page that is loaded has no user comments which often contain useful info.

You could do one for the functions page too :D.

That would be cool. I'll see what I can do.

It should just lead to biki page. The page that is loaded has no user comments which often contain useful info.

Whoa, good point. I must not be grabbing enough of the HTML. I'll fix that ASAP.

Hello bobTom. I really love your commandSearch. I'd like to give a small feedback. The commands are sorted alphabetically which is obviously great. However each section just runs into the next. It would be neat to have a very small and subtle notch, mark or even "header" for splitting each section.

Something like this would be nice. The letter & mark are very subtle.

FYYeXNE.jpg

Hey guys, I made some changes:

1. User notes now show up

2. Fixed wrap issue.

Now I'm going to add the letters to the list.

Letter headings now added! :)

Edited by bobtom

Thanks bobTom. Would it be possible to make the filtered list items (text) actual links to the commands?

Thanks bobTom. Would it be possible to make the filtered list items (text) actual links to the commands?

Done :cool: