Sign in to follow this  
callmesarge

CO 4-8 ZEN Insurgency Chernarus by WmD

zen_ins_chern_zpsda9c7af9.jpg

Introduction

This is my first ever multiplayer mission. It has been created using the Zen Co-op framework.

Overview

This mission is Co-Op for small groups, minimum 2, maximum 8. It is basically a different take on Insurgency, derived from the great work of Pogoman, Fireball & Kol9yN. This version does not have an intel feature, instead spawning random side objectives. It features a fair few mods, and is based on the recent conflict in the Ukraine, with a few artistic liberties taken with story and setting. I would describe it as halfway between casual and hardcore. There are 2 versions - Vanilla, which just requires AiA Chernarus and CBA, and modded, which uses Toadies weapons, RHS units and a few other mods too. As I am new to this, I would welcome any feedback. I plan to work on this mission further, as new mods and maps become available. If you would like to modify this mission, please PM me here.

Mission Files - please review required mods prior to paying

Modded Version: Zen_insurgency_cherno_wmd_modded.Chernarus.pbo

Vanilla Version: Zen_insurgency_cherno_wmd_vanilla.Chernarus.pbo

Armaholic mirror:

- ZEN Insurgency Chernarus Co-08 (@)

Setting

Although the Ukrainian Government have denied it, it is believed by some that the CIA have operated black sites in the Ukraine. The purpose of the black site is to support the U.S. extraordinary rendition program. It is understood that black sites are often staffed by a mix of CIA and PMC personnel. Think compartmentalised, think limited autonomy, think money motivated mercs on a mission of maximum momentousness! In this scenario, the black site in question is located close to the border with the USSR. The CIA know the Russians know the site is there and will leave it well alone - so far, so good.

However, a local business man with a lot of capital behind him is concerned about his holdings in the area. And whilst the CIA will not interfere, the PMC staff are always ready for a little extra curricular activity, as long as the pay is right.

The Russians are over the border, the locals are up in arms, and the quartermaster has unveiled his hoard of European small arms. Secure the towns, kick the Russians out, and lets all get paid!

Features

• Basic Insurgency gameplay - hit the towns and make the red areas go green
  • Random objectives of different types
  • Scalable difficulty - more than 4 players will trigger double the number of insurgents
  • Towns defended by insurgents
  • Objectives defended by Elite Russian forces
  • Random chance of vehicle spawning in towns
  • Random chance of Artillery
  • Random civilian cars in towns
  • Random time of day and weather
  • Repacking magazines
  • Giving magazines to team members with an easy action
  • Teleport to one of 3 MHQ units from the base flapole
  • Preset Loadouts from the base and the MHQs
  • Farooqs revive script
  • Iceman77's Vehicle Respawn Script - MHQs remain in place for 2 hours before respawning
  • JIP support*
  • AGM Medical effects toned down
    * See known issues

2014-11-02_00003_zpsb5ee974a.jpg

2014-10-30_00008_zpsedf2e4d2.jpg

2014-10-10_00013_zps8218483a.jpg

2014-10-26_00012_zpsb825f969.jpg

2014-10-30_00005_zpsa4ababdb.jpg

2014-08-19_00002_zpsf158bed9.jpg

2014-08-20_00006_zps9d71240d.jpg

The mods

Credits

This mission would not have been created without substantial help from Zenophon, author of the framework. Thank you for offering so much guidance and fixing all my broken code! Beerkan was a great help in getting me to understand how to use Iceman77's excellent teleport and respawn scripts properly. The Bluefor base is the FOB IronHeart base template by TehFocus. Thanks to the always excellent Tonic for the VAS script. Thanks to Farooq for the revive script. Thanks to Chains for all the advice, and Gen, John, Snob, Teabag and Kelly for play testing. This mission is a Where's My Demo joint.

Known issues

• There are some issue with JIP syncing objectives properly - these are under investigation and I will try to fix when I can.
  • Some of the mods are generating a lot of RPT Spam
  • Sometimes less mags given with loadout - please double check and select loadout again if required
  • Sometimes AGM medical over-rides Farooqs respawn - in this case, force respawn and teleport back, or have a medic treat you

Edited by CallMeSarge
edited thanks to clarify things

I`m very excited to see a mission build up with zenophons missions framework.

Can i use cse or Agm for medical ?

So i only have to delete faroqes revive out the init ?

Will try it out this week and gave you feedback.

Edited by Speedygonzales

So have tried the mission, and all are units are naked, anyone else has this problem ?

The weapons etc. are loaded but no uniforms.

Edited by Speedygonzales

Hi Speedy,

Did you try Vanilla or modded?

If you tried modded, did you have the correct Mods installed? If you do not have the latest version of TRYKs uniforms (he updated last week), then you will get naked units.

Edit: And if you delete Farroqs out of the init, it will default to AGM Medical.

CallMeSarge thx for the information, i tried the modded version. I have activated all mods, but mayby dont have the latest version of tyrks uniforms, will check it today.

But the enemy is naked too only equipped with the wepons,vest and hats. Could this be a prob of a not uptodate version of tyrks too ?

That what i played was nice but have test more to gave you good feedback.

Why AGM & Revive Script? We want to play with AGM, it often causes really Problems when other "health"scripts are used.

Beerkan was a great help in getting Iceman77's teleport and respawn scripts working properly.

They were never broken?

They were never broken?

Sorry, I should clarify - I could not get them to work due to my ham-fisted implementation and total amature approach! Beerkan helped me understand how to use them properly. I will edit the mission notes and post next week to reflect this, sorry Iceman!

Why AGM & Revive Script? We want to play with AGM, it often causes really Problems when other "health"scripts are used.

Yeah, you are right. first mission and all, I did not figure this out ahead of time. I looked into just using AGM but was unable to get it to work the way I wanted so I left it like this. I will look at this for a future update.

Is there any way to play this with A3MP's Chernarus?

I originally built it on the A3MP map, but then ported to AiA mid way through the build. Porting it back should be as simple as in-packing the PBO, swapping the map and re-exporting the mission - feel free to do this if you want to.

I have been tinkering with the code and am planning to release an updated version in January some time.

good work! i like it!

Thanks dude - I love your work!

I also made a video to show how the mission plays:

Edited by CallMeSarge
typos

Is there a way to make a non-AIA version of this? It'd be nice and a request as I just don't bother with AIA anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Never mind, I removed the requirements and it seems to work okay now, thanks!

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

BTW your vanilla version doesn't have the activation scripts, so when I run the mission via LAN it stays Grey rather than the green/red version that I'm used to after opening it.

Hey dude,

I think I tested on LAN locally a while back and I thought it worked - I do not have multiple machines to LAN test with though. If I get time I will take a look into it this weekend. If you want to have a go at modifying the mission thats OK by me - I love your mod work BTW. I am mostly focused on making an Isla Duala version with a Boko Haram themed opfor. Of course, that means a tonne of mods again :)

I've incorporated some of what BongoBob or whatever his name was (not sure what it is offhand) but overall I kept the FOB and adapted it with no mods (works out pretty good so far) and once I get it more settled I'll PM you what I have, and thanks :)

I've incorporated some of what BongoBob or whatever his name was (not sure what it is offhand) but overall I kept the FOB and adapted it with no mods (works out pretty good so far) and once I get it more settled I'll PM you what I have, and thanks :)

So do you have a working A3MP Version with no mods? If not could someone point me to tutorial on how to do this.. "I originally built it on the A3MP map, but then ported to AiA mid way through the build. Porting it back should be as simple as in-packing the PBO, swapping the map and re-exporting the mission - feel free to do this if you want to."

Cheers.

So do you have a working A3MP Version with no mods? If not could someone point me to tutorial on how to do this.. "I originally built it on the A3MP map, but then ported to AiA mid way through the build. Porting it back should be as simple as in-packing the PBO, swapping the map and re-exporting the mission - feel free to do this if you want to."

Cheers.

Here is a rough guide:

1. Download the vanilla version and unpack the PBO to your missions folder (the one in My Documents)
  2. Launch Arma 3 with A3MP enabled
  3. Open the mission in editor
  4. Save the mission out again

I think that should do it, if that does not work let me know?