Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Stamina

Im not sure if I am in the minority in my opinion but the current stamina has to go. Sure it may be a tad more realistic but there are also some unrealistic things about it. For example if I am 10 feet away from a building I am trying to run into and my stamina runs out and all the sudden I am getting shot at, I am sure I can find it in me to push myself and run a tad faster to make it into cover in real life.

In my opinion current stamina may even be a bit more unrealistic because of this. Sure, overall it may simulate actual stamina but there are other areas (such as the one described above) that make it some what unrealistic.

Not only this but imo it really brings down the game play. It definately slows play down and I have no problem with that but game modes like KotH and CTI can become almost unplayable for infantry when cities become leveled because your a sitting duck. When cities get leveled you usually have to run more than 20- 30 meters to move into another spot that has cover. If your packing a launcher you have no chance to make it. Good luck trying to run without a launcher in this phase of the game.

I think the current stamina is unrealistic simulating a soldier running within a 100 meters or so in a combat situation. An in shape soldier can run hard for 100 or so meters even with a launcher. With adrenalin in a combat situation im sure that distance is extended,

So as far as simulating someones overall stamina it is accurate in some aspects, however I think we need look at other overall factors.

Anyone else agree?

Edited by Beavis_5000

You mentioned it already - you want to run fast for longer time? Reduce your weight.

People see the Sprint function as some kind of "standard speed you travel a long time". Instead it was thought only for situations where a grenade is falling 2m next to you.

What you would like is something like a Sprint-Sprint function, but guess what, people would again use that as the "standard speed you travel a long time".

And then they ask again "What, if someone throws a grenade next to me", Sprint^3, ...

Edited by SnowSky

You mentioned it already - you want to run fast for longer time? Reduce your weight.

People see the Sprint function as some kind of "standard speed you travel a long time". Instead it was thought only for situations where a grenade is falling 2m next to you.

What you would like is something like a Sprint-Sprint function, but guess what, people would again use that as the "standard speed you travel a long time".

And then they ask again "What, if someone throws a grenade next to me", Sprint^3, ...

Im talking more short distance, like within 100 or so meters (with launcher).'

This current stamina is almost more unrealistic.

Say in real life I need to run 100 meters to another spot of cover. According to this stamina system I would run out of stamina around 80-90 meters and then be a sitting duck. In real life combat/life or death situation, I am sure I could muster up extra stamina to run the extra 10- 20 meters.

Im talking more short distance, like within 100 or so meters (with launcher).'

This current stamina is almost more unrealistic.

Say in real life I need to run 100 meters to another spot of cover. According to this stamina system I would run out of stamina around 80-90 meters and then be a sitting duck. In real life combat/life or death situation, I am sure I could muster up extra stamina to run the extra 10- 20 meters.

In this case one possibility would be to demonstrate the player a better status of his fatique-level (perhaps getting a tunnelview),

and to have a joker on the side, having an animation like in arma 1, so when sprinting and lying down, you take less care for your knees but just want to punch your face right into the ground and kiss the dirt. (this joker would be your last 4 meters you don't have energy enough)

In this case one possibility would be to demonstrate the player a better status of his fatique-level (perhaps getting a tunnelview),

and to have a joker on the side, having an animation like in arma 1, so when sprinting and lying down, you take less care for your knees but just want to punch your face right into the ground and kiss the dirt. (this joker would be your last 4 meters you don't have energy enough)

I apologize, I dont understand what you mean.

Judging by most conversations I have on the internet, that was either an insult or sarcastic remark. No offense I am just being honest.

If I am wrong please explain what you mean.

I apologize, I dont understand what you mean.

Judging by most conversations I have on the internet, that was either an insult or sarcastic remark. No offense I am just being honest.

If I am wrong please explain what you mean.

No I really mean as I wrote it, in ArmA 1, if you were sprinting, and tapped the key to lay down, he did go down very fast but still used a few meters. Something like this could be the lifesaving bonus you wanted. This would be achievable by modding too.

No I really mean as I wrote it, in ArmA 1, if you were sprinting, and tapped the key to lay down, he did go down very fast but still used a few meters. Something like this could be the lifesaving bonus you wanted. This would be achievable by modding too.

lol I apologize. I've never played Arma 1 soIdidnt know what you meant. Going back an reading it now makes sense.

I dont know anything about modding but wouldn't mind trying that out.

Also keep in mind that when soldiers travel on foot, they walk. A lot. And it's really a live-saver. Walking with you weapon lowered will solve 90% of your stamina issues in combat, the other 10% will be switching between combat pace (rifle-up, slow jog) and sprinting to your next cover.

I still can't comprehend what this whole fuss is over the stamina system. Unless you are a typical Wasteland kid who runs around with a sniper rifle, missile launcher, and a backpack it's not even particularly hard to manage the stamina. With a typical rifleman loadout I can run indefinitely without going above 10% fatigue.

Put into your init box for your Unit:

this allowFatigue false;

Put into your init box for your Unit:

this allowFatigue false;

Why? The command is enableFatigue. ;)

Im not sure if I am in the minority in my opinion but the current stamina has to go. Sure it may be a tad more realistic but there are also some unrealistic things about it. For example if I am 10 feet away from a building I am trying to run into and my stamina runs out and all the sudden I am getting shot at, I am sure I can find it in me to push myself and run a tad faster to make it into cover in real life.

In my opinion current stamina may even be a bit more unrealistic because of this. Sure, overall it may simulate actual stamina but there are other areas (such as the one described above) that make it some what unrealistic.

Not only this but imo it really brings down the game play. It definately slows play down and I have no problem with that but game modes like KotH and CTI can become almost unplayable for infantry when cities become leveled because your a sitting duck. When cities get leveled you usually have to run more than 20- 30 meters to move into another spot that has cover. If your packing a launcher you have no chance to make it. Good luck trying to run without a launcher in this phase of the game.

I think the current stamina is unrealistic simulating a soldier running within a 100 meters or so in a combat situation. An in shape soldier can run hard for 100 or so meters even with a launcher. With adrenalin in a combat situation im sure that distance is extended,

So as far as simulating someones overall stamina it is accurate in some aspects, however I think we need look at other overall factors.

Anyone else agree?

Kinda agree with you.

I mean, I do agree with Fatigue (is how we call it now), I do agree it needs to be linked to our loadout and also I do agree it needs to penalize our speed and accuracy, however I do think it is over implemented. The effects based on our loadout should be more accurate and/or should be lowered a bit. My opinion.

Edited by Bratwurste

Kinda agree with you.

I mean, I do agree with Fatigue (is how we call it now), I do agree it needs to be linked to our loadout and also I do agree it needs to penalize our speed and accuracy, however I do think it is over implemented. The effects based on our loadout should be more accurate and/or should be lowered a bit. My opinion.

If you want to ease up how quicly you get fatigued then likely you need to make fatigue gain harder/slower. Currently you can get fatigued pretty fast but you also gain it back very quickly.