Sign in to follow this  
chrisnic

Get Wrecked [Vehicle Combat Sandbox]

www.getwrecked.info
@getwreckeda3

4NuplO6.jpgVle1UZf.jpg

Description

This game mode challenges players to create, customize, drive, survive and destroy. Players build their ultimate vehicle using a range of parts, weapons and modules and then fight to the death in a race zone of choice. It's a prototype vehicle combat sandbox that's designed for small games of up to 12 players. This mod is also a finalist in the multiplayer category of Make Arma Not War.

JorgbYF.jpg3vPKIS9.jpg

Download & Links

TJiwJOi.jpgblFRixd.jpgvRRHUuQ.jpg

Features

- Custom object manipulation system (rotation, snapping, lifting and moving)
- Unique and original textures to put a finishing touch on your vehicle
- Custom key-binding system that's specific to each vehicle
- The ability to save/load your vehicle so you can play with it next time
- Earn money from kills that you can then use to purchase higher tier weapons and vehicles
- Persistent stats tracking (kills, deaths, mileage etc)
- Five uniquely challenging custom race zones (Airfield, Swamp, Downtown, Salt flat & Wasteland)
- A total of 8 different weapons, 14 tactical modules and 22 different building parts

Controls

Binding these controls can be helpful, but isn't necessary.
Use Esc Menu > Settings > Configure > Custom Controls

Grab/Drop [user Action 1]
Attach [user Action 2]
Rotate CW [user Action 3]
Rotate CCW [user Action 4]
Open Vehicle Settings Menu [user Action 20]

All other controls are handled by the settings menu (cog icon when scrolling on a vehicle). From that menu you can double click an item then press a key to bind it.

Guide

Quick start guide available at getwrecked.info.

License

This mod is licensed under a CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0 License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Permission must be sought from the Author for its commercial use or any modification

Edited by chrisnic

New mod 0.7.6-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@chrisnic;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction

MP gamemode frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Website at getwrecked.info updated and now includes a small starter guide for new players. Also did some new versions of the current key art, what does everyone reckon?

vmI4ptR.jpg

Some bug fixes and tweaks to drop this weekend, after the test crew gets their turn to try and break everything.

Thanks for sending us of the updated version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

Pretty cool but please include a parameter to stop the forced third person action going on. It interferes with forced first person scripts and makes it unusable!

This is a really nice idea and put together well! Keep up the good work!

Pretty cool but please include a parameter to stop the forced third person action going on. It interferes with forced first person scripts and makes it unusable!

Hey mate, yep i'll definitely add that to the list. It was a poly-fill for the MANW release as the object manipulation system didn't seem to function 100% in first person. That and some of the audio effects were not working in first person in a vehicle. There are a handful of issues being reported that seem to be related to people trying this with other mods active, so it is definitely helpful if people diagnose it first by turning them off.

This is a really nice idea and put together well! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! It's been really fun to make and test. Glad you enjoyed it!

Okay so...

The Combo of Laser and ATV is very very imba.

Get an ATV with 3 Laser, and you'll kill everything in an instant....

Okay so...

The Combo of Laser and ATV is very very imba.

Get an ATV with 3 Laser, and you'll kill everything in an instant....

People have very different expectations for what is an "Alpha" I think. Complaining about balance issues right now is like pointing out the sky is blue. It will all be sorted, but right now the focus is padding features out and bug fixing. I'd be curious to know if you were running 0.7.6 or 0.7.7? Overall weapon damage was tweaked in the latter to increase the time-to-kill and i've seen a few of the German servers still running the older version.

As a side note, I found a rather funny comment from someone stating they were disappointed this wasn't "realistic vehicle combat". It can't be stressed enough that this mod isn't for everyone, so if there's something you really don't like no-one is forcing you to play it. At the very least if you are going to leave critical feedback please make it constructive; perhaps even contextualise it a bit if you are reporting an obvious bug.

People have very different expectations for what is an "Alpha" I think. Complaining about balance issues right now is like pointing out the sky is blue. It will all be sorted, but right now the focus is padding features out and bug fixing. I'd be curious to know if you were running 0.7.6 or 0.7.7? Overall weapon damage was tweaked in the latter to increase the time-to-kill and i've seen a few of the German servers still running the older version.

I know what is alpha, and I know how development works. So no need to tell that to me.

Anyway, we were using 0.7.7.

It wasn't meant to be condescending, sorry if you took it that way. The impression I got from your first post is that you were suggesting this mod was somehow fundamentally broken because of that one combination. While it may not be balanced perfectly just yet, I can assure you that it's pretty far from being as simple as slapping three lasers on a vehicle.

Admittedly, the tactical laser isn't technically meant as a primary weapon; its main feature is the burn effect it tags vehicles with. The fire status effect does not stack so its intended primarily for being able to damage fast moving or well protected targets. If it's being used as a one-shot kill weapon then for sure it's not fulfilling the aim of its original implementation. Frankly, however, there are a number of options for countering the combination you are talking about and with a bit of experimentation you and others may come across them too.

Edited by chrisnic

Is development still ongoing for this? I have been running a server for it, but there have been no players in a while. I'm sure it would gain more traction if more updates were coming.

Is development still ongoing for this? I have been running a server for it, but there have been no players in a while. I'm sure it would gain more traction if more updates were coming.

Absolutely! The best place to catch updates is if you follow @GetWreckedA3 on Twitter. A new version should be out this month that addresses a number of bugs, improves key binding and customization, plus a few surprises.

New version v0.8 is now public. Here's a few release highlights:

- Type !fixdlc in chat to toggle Karts DLC ads

- Added support for up to 12 players

- Random supply drops in battle zones that can contain power ups

- Nitro pads for epic getaways

- New Camo, Fire and Pink paints

- Reworked damage and armor system to prolong engagements

- More keybinding options (disable left click to fire for specific weapons)

- Vehicle taunts to humiliate your opponents

- A range of optimizations to improve client and server fps and reduce network load

A full changelog is available at getwrecked.info/changelog

Note: All vehicles made in earlier versions are compatible, although it's recommended to save, clear and load the vehicle again before attempting to use it. Vehicles made in v0.8 are not backwards compatible.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far by giving their time, ideas and feedback. Progress is already happening on a new race-mode and also expansion onto new maps. ;)

Edited by chrisnic

Just released a hotfix (v0.8.0b) to solve the following issues:

- Fixed - Attached weapons should now be properly immune to damage

- Fixed - Flamethrower consuming ammo in addition to fuel

- Fixed - Invulnerability not working vs bag of explosives

- Fixed - Attached static weapons disappearing after second save

- Fixed - Hud failing to update after dropping explosives

- Fixed - Explosives dropping all in one stack rather than individually

Minor hotfix (v0.8c) released to solve the following issues:

- Fixed - Nuke not dealing any damage

- Fixed - Magnetic coil script error

- Fixed - Changed settings menu mouse bind back to double click to toggle

- Fixed - Emergency parachutes can be deployed multiple times while active

Full list of changes available at getwrecked.info/changelog.

Weird but extremely funny mission.

The only problem i encountered so far is that curved sandbags sometimes load in wrong positions.

Weird but extremely funny mission.

The only problem i encountered so far is that curved sandbags sometimes load in wrong positions.

Glad you had fun and thanks for the feedback! There are indeed a handful of items that behave like that. The issue is that they never load in a consistent position no matter what location you record for them. Sometimes this is also because with even the slightest amount of server lag the object collides with the source vehicle before it has a chance to disable simulation on it. Static turrets and rpgs/railguns in ground weapon holders are notoriously bad at this. The object shifting on save/load, the ballistics system and some form of starter tutorial are the three major hurdles I currently have to make this game-mode less frustrating for fresh players.

Edited by chrisnic

v0.8.2 is rolling out (all sources should be updated shortly). Here's a quick list of changes:

- Stratis map support, with three new zones - Airbase, Peninsula and Beach

- Weapon damage and armor rebalance

- Vehicle melee weapons - Metal Spikes, Concrete Pylons and Wooden Battering Rams

- First person is now enabled in both combat and the workshop

- A number of script and network optimizations to improve FPS and stability

- Fixed - Stats system now functioning correctly

- Fixed - Game crashes involving HMG/GMGs and vehicle collisions while in zone

- Added - Rocket Pods, Harpoon, Teleportation Pad, Electromagnet

- Added - EMP Resistant Fencing, Military Grade Concrete, Chainlink Panel

- Added - Box Truck, Fuel & Ammo Trucks, Tempest to available vehicles

- Added - Vehicle name generator

Known issues: Tempest cannot have textures applied to it.

As always a full changelog is available at getwrecked.info/changelog. Vehicles from previous versions are compatible, but might require a re-save to be fully functional.

A minor update v0.8.2c has just been released. This is a compatibility update to support 1.48. Enjoy!

- Combined cleanup scripts into events loop to improve server fps

- Guided missile, lock-on, railgun, mines and explosive damage now affected by target armor

- Notifications and alerts should now fade a bit more smoothly

- Updated several commands to avoid conflicts in 1.48

- Fixed - PreviewLocation defaulting to the sea

- Fixed - Owner not being set on vehicle creation to lock terminal correctly

- Fixed - Vehicle lock halo not showing

- Removed - Tailored vehicle textures in favor of file size reduction

- Removed - Respawn scoreboard flashing on death screen

- Added - Auto height snapping of similar types to object manipulation

- Added - Custom sound effects to attach/detach actions