Sign in to follow this  
waitumus

pboproject packing error

Hi there, i am very new to making addons for ARMA and have an issue that i can't seem to solve. Whenever I try and pack my terrain, it is all fine and then gets this error "missing \c:\users\sam\appdata\local\temp\data\layers\p_000-000_l01.rvmat". I have no idea what to do and so if anybody has any solutions it would be much appreciated!

Whichever way you swing the cat, to successfully make islands, *every* file must sing from the same song sheet (work space). This is normally done by having your entire project (including all objects used) on a 'P:\' drive.

The Arma engine has no concept of the windows file system, there is no 'my documents', there is no 'appdata', there is only '\'. From which, every other file used, including layers, must be available. You may have successfully generated layer data 'any\where', but to be binarised and packed into a pbo, they must be in the correct location on P:\

1) The beginning of your journey is creating a p: drive. You can achieve this miracle via Steam Tools devP (but most ppl will tell you to avoid it).

Instead, use the simple 2 line setP bat on the same site you got pboProject from.

2) You need to extract the entire arma3 game to p: (or so much of it that 'all' is a fair statement). To do this, grab arma3p from the same site and go make coffee, or hell , spend some 'quality time' with the boyfriend.

3) Move the entire contents of your wrp project to P: and go from there.

Welcome to Hell.

Edited by Mikero

Ok i've sorted it out now thx for the advice

Edited by waitumus