Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

SEVER screen tearing

Rite guys can you all tell me if you play with or without vsync enabled?

I have heard in generall,disabling Vsync improves FPS.Im not even sure thats true.

However,i try to disable vsync,directly from the nvidia control panel,but when playing arma3,the screen tearing is horrendous.

So i HAVE to use vsync.

Is there any other way to reduce screen tear?And to that end,will disabling vsync,even help Framerate?

I want to add,my FPS isnt terrible,im just curious on this matter.

have you tried editing your command line, or your options in your config (which is found in your documents folder if you use windows).

have you tried editing your command line, or your options in your config (which is found in your documents folder if you use windows).

Edit my command line to what exactly?

I dont believe the config holds anything relating to graphical settings(regarding vsync other than on/off)

There is an ingame command to limit frames:

Hold down [shift] and [-], release then type, fps.

Do it once to cap at 60fps, twice to cap at 40fps.

Vsync puts your fps 30 of 60 depending how well you can run the game, so if you can't run it at 60 then the fps will drop down to 30 and remain there until you can run at 60 again or lower than 30.

AdaptiveVSync-1-650.png

If your fps is lower than 30 then you really don't do anything with vsync.

I use Nvidia adaptive vsync so when fps is under 60 vsync isn't used and when my fps is above 60 vsync is used.

Just activate adaptive V Sync in your Nvidea System Panel. It kicks in, if your FPS are > 60 and doesn't decrease your FPS instantly when they drop under 60.

Other than that, you can limit your FPS to 30 permanently with MSI Afterburn or similar software. That can also help to reduce stuttering and screen tearing.

Would be easier to diagnose the issue if you posted your PC specs, since screen tearing can be caused by many things. Do you have a SLI or Crossfire setup?