Sign in to follow this  
bravo409

ai auto engaging how do you stop them

I'm having a issue with the AI ruining my missions by auto engaging how do you stop them from doing that? thanks

Hold Fire command.

That does not work they fire at the enemy anyway when there close to them in a stealth missions and ruin the whole experience for me. Stealth mode they lag behind and combat mode there right with you. I tried hold fire with combat mode and they fire anyway. Then I tried stealth same result not sure whats going on but just hard to have any stealth in this game.

Hold fire does not stop them from firing if they are already spotted, so stealth is already out of the window at that point. (They may open fire before the enemy does, but only after the enemy spotted them)

Have u tried wind walkers ai menu...

Specifically to your problem it has a hold fire command that holds the ai from firing until you fire and once you do it automatically allows ai to open fire. I use it frequently and the ai have held fire even though they were being fired upon...

One caveat is that the waypoint and ai suppressor/light function seems broken but I keep it mainly for the fire when I fire functionality.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162942-WW-AIMenu-(complimentary-commands)

Hopefully this helps...

Have u tried wind walkers ai menu...

Specifically to your problem it has a hold fire command that holds the ai from firing until you fire and once you do it automatically allows ai to open fire. I use it frequently and the ai have held fire even though they were being fired upon...

One caveat is that the waypoint and ai suppressor/light function seems broken but I keep it mainly for the fire when I fire functionality.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162942-WW-AIMenu-(complimentary-commands)

Hopefully this helps...

How do you open up the ai menu commands tried along time ago and couldn't get commands..

How to use

Simply select the units you want to give the commands for, and press numpad 9 key. You can change the keybind from the config file.

How do you open up the ai menu commands tried along time ago and couldn't get commands..

Just tested it so as not to send you on a pointless chase and it works... I put down two opfor soldiers facing the other direction and created a blue fireteam around a corner... Gave the hold fire until I fire command and my squad identified the contacts and said Ready to Fire. Once I fired my rifle or pistol, the rest of my team opened fired. Test it out...

It should help. As for the keybind, make sure to have the ww_aimenu.hpp in the ww_aimenu folder that should be in the userconfig folder in the arma main directory.

Im pretty sure I had to rebind the key. I have mine set to the insert key. this is the text in my hpp

ww_key = 210; //Bind key for the menu. key codes can be found here. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes

Just tested it so as not to send you on a pointless chase and it works... I put down two opfor soldiers facing the other direction and created a blue fireteam around a corner... Gave the hold fire until I fire command and my squad identified the contacts and said Ready to Fire. Once I fired my rifle or pistol, the rest of my team opened fired. Test it out...

It should help. As for the keybind, make sure to have the ww_aimenu.hpp in the ww_aimenu folder that should be in the userconfig folder in the arma main directory.

Im pretty sure I had to rebind the key. I have mine set to the insert key. this is the text in my hpp

ww_key = 210; //Bind key for the menu. key codes can be found here. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes

Will give this a try thank you...