Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New at avon's ofp faq:

I've decided to start reviewing individual missions here and there that I recommend to others.

You'll find the small beginnings of this venture by clicking on M.O.M. on The FAQ's left-side menu. If you don't see it in the menu, refresh your browser - it's there.

New Mission Of The Moment - Sniper Range, By The Omega

I couldn't leave for the weekend without giving you all something new to play with.

smile.gif

What a great idea!

I came up with something similar when I read the statement "Resistance - what's next?" in another thread!

I was thinking of all the addons, campaigns and missions I don't know anything about and about the people who tried them already! So why not try to do some reviews?

Of course real reviews take some time! You have to play the whole mission, or if reviewing a campaign, at least the first 2-3 missions and you have to try to be objective while writing what's good and what's not!

But if there are people out there who like this idea and have time I would suggest, that they could send the reviews to you and you make them public on your website. No?

Perhaps one could specify several things that have to be in a review:

- the storyline (if there's one)

- the role of the player (commander of troops, pilot, ...)

- kind of mission (are there only lot's of enemies to shot?, do you need a special plan to get out of this alive?, are certain tactics recommended?)

- what's the hardware specs of the reviewer

- which version of OFP is the reviewer using?

- which AddOns do I need (and where can I find them?)

- is the mission/campaign stable? Any bugs discovered?

- if possible, name and emailadress of the mission-author

- if possible, name and emailadress of the reviewer

Add to this the possibility for others to comment an review and everything would be perfect!

As I said, it would be hard work and only few people have the time to do this but I'm sure it would help OFP to keep a big fanbase! :-)

What do you think?

Greez,

-Vic-

Don't worry, the Avon lady always was a tidy woman.

You can count on her for details.

I wish you would sell some creams at your site for my face. biggrin.gif I am glad to see you doing this Avon, we need more sites like hers. tounge.gif