Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

M249 mg pack

Something I really do not understand, is that the previous version of the USSMG from TWS, not resistance compatible, was better. Nice grey textures and not blurred around the models and handgrips confused.gif

BTW, Major Fubar, would you sent me your flash bug fixed SNS M249 please ?

Thank in advance.

le-furet@wanadoo.fr

Frandsen's made a SAW for the upcoming SEALS addon and I'm holding out for that version which will almost certainly be very high quality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 22 2002,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Frandsen's made a SAW for the upcoming SEALS addon and I'm holding out for that version which will almost certainly be very high quality.<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! We can always count on Frandsen to make kick-ass addons!!! I absolutely love his USMC addon. Can't wait to see his Navy SEALs and his M249 SAW.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oops, sorry, turns out the SAW is for his Rangers addon that is in development alondside the SEALS. Ah well, it's all good! biggrin.gif

Hi every one,

I remodeled and retextured those babies.

but I cann't fixed the speed of the belt.

I will publish them again soon and asking for help if any one can help for speeding up the belt.

thanks all the suggustions anyway.

:-)

wow................last time i was turned on by weapons in a computer game was the Barrett M82A1 in DF:LW...............and here it is again! biggrin.gif

One complaint, the scopes are just stupid. First, they need to be a LOT closer range, second they need to be original models, and third they need to have original optics.

Other than the scopes, these things RULE!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Alrighty, I dont know about american weaponry in nearly as much detail as I do that of the Canadian forces, so I'm going on what I know from the CF.

The FN Minimi (m249) which we call the C9 LMG has a scope attached (identical to the Diemaco C7's scope as a matter of fact -- I believe anyhow) and has two types of fire, Normal and Adverse, which rougly corresponds to 700 rpm and 1000 rpm (adverse being muddy conditions that necessitate the forcing of more rounds to achieve similar results to normal fire... at least that's what I gathered)

The FN Mag (the american M240) which we call the C6 GPMG is a 7.62 beast that fires about 700 rounds a minute and does not have 700/1000 selection option. I believe it also has a scope in our C6 form.

Again, this is just ranting from the canadian side of things, being a nation of peace loving, scope-wanting people. Plus we do things a little different up here with out variable rate SAW's and our too-heavy-to-fire-while-standing FN MAGS.

I will certainly love this addon.

I like the version 1.1 very much!

IMHO the best SAWs around at the moment!

But yes the scopes, I agree with Aculaud that it should be a reallife one, but on the otherhand i have no idea what they put on those SAWs in US (Canadians use ELCAN Scope, but this is USMG pack after all).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andylee054 @ Sep. 23 2002,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi every one,

I remodeled and retextured those babies.

but I cann't fixed the speed of the belt.

I will publish them again soon and asking for help if any one can help for speeding up the belt.

thanks all the suggustions anyway.

:-)<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! But you might want to ask the Taiwan guys for permission or make the .pbo a different name at least in addition to giving the credit to the original makers of the models.

I wouldn't worry about the belt thing though. I think it's fine.

I'm greatly looking forward to your improved version. Oh...also please add a red dot scope sight instead of the M21 site that they use.

Thx

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But you might want to ask the Taiwan guys for permission or make the .pbo a different name at least in addition to giving the credit to the original makers of the models.<span id='postcolor'>

I think (given the pack is on the taiwan workshop site, and andy's email is linked there) he is one of the taiwan guys

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The FN Mag (the american M240) which we call the C6 GPMG is a 7.62 beast that fires about 700 rounds a minute and does not have 700/1000 selection option. I believe it also has a scope in our C6 form. <span id='postcolor'>

The C6 has 3 gas settings. It's rate of fire is anywhere from 700 to 1000+ rpm, depends on the fouling.

IMO, this addon is 50/50.

The sounds need some tweeking but are otherwise fine. The sight picture on the iron-sighted weapons is good and the weapons are as accurate as they should be. On the other hand, the models for these guns just plain suck, especially the model for the M-240, it doesn't even look like one. I'm sick of seeing 'franken-guns' that have been spliced together from existing OFP weapons.

I would love to see an FN-Minimi and FN-MAG of official quality.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Sep. 23 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But you might want to ask the Taiwan guys for permission or make the .pbo a different name at least in addition to giving the credit to the original makers of the models.<span id='postcolor'>

I think (given the pack is on the taiwan workshop site, and andy's email is linked there) he is one of the taiwan guys

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah ok. I didn't see any indicator that he was a member of that team, but if he is then that's cool. I'm looking forward to his new version of the pack. I also agree what someone else said about the FNMAG (M240). That one is still from the original non-Oxygen made version released along time ago. I believe it was a heavily modified PK machine gun model. It would be nice if they made a completely new M240 model.

The SAW's I think look good though except for them being too big which is why I'm really looking forward to their new smaller version. That's one of the great things about the SAW....it's nice and small (and thus rather light in weight) while packing a nice punch. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's a good looking M240 (or L7A1 as is called here in Blighty) in the works over at the Falklands site. <span id='postcolor'>

That is a wonderful looking weapon I must say. I'm not a conoisseur of the FN Mag's (as I've only seen them on rare occasions on planned assault exercises), so I'm pretty easy to please. I'm currently using the old model taiwan workshop M240's and M249's for C6's and C9's, with altered sounds and name changes (and normal/adverse replacing 700/1000). Credit is always awarded.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The C6 has 3 gas settings. It's rate of fire is anywhere from 700 to 1000+ rpm, depends on the fouling.<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent. I shall see if I can alter my C6 pbo accordingly .