garverick

Arma 3 Sound Missing in Multiplayer

OK my group is having issues with our sound not working on mulitplayer, only vanilla sounding guns are audible for us, we use to use all our weapon mods and everything worked just fine now as of Wednesday night is the first time we played in a week or so and none of our weapon mods work that includes, HLC,RH Pistols,FHQ, and the newest RHS, none of those weapon mod give us any sounds. in multiplayer, the person shooting can hear their own gun but not the other players this is happening to 5 different people and we cannot figure out why, we gone down to just using CBA,MCC and RHS no sounds. this is our current mod list that is here and on the server.

@ASDG_JR

@bCombat-0.16

@Blastcore-A3

@Blastcore-Tracers

@Bornholm

@BW_LoadCalc

@CAF_AG1.5

@CBA_A3

@CDC

@Cha_Mi8

@CSE

@DAR_HMMWV

@fhq_accessories

@fhq_m4_a3

@HiddenIdentityPackV2

@hlcmods

@mao_anims_sway_fix

@mcc_sandbox

@Niko_USA

@RHPISTOLS

@RPA_Refined_Vehicles

@SMA V1.7

@STI

@tao_foldmap_a3

@task_force_radio

Any help i could get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tested more of this i uninstalled my arma 3 and installed it again. tested each mod indvidually, and all together nothing works now for us except for vanilla weapons, which we are not fond of. right now this game for us is unplayable, anyone please got a fix for this?

I've got the same issue except its a mixed bag with vanilla weapons. Sometimes I can hear them sometimes I can't. It seems to be related to where the weapons came from (vas mod) and sometimes it's just random. Not only is there no sound but there is no visible recoil or muzzle flash.

Weird ya the zafir didn't work me too. And we use virtual aresnal and use mcc for missions and im not hearing the caf agrss either will test w using actual weapon boxes tonight after work

ok came home and tested using RHS spawn them as units and we were able to hear each others gun fire until we switched weapons at a crate and then silence. so this is something with BIS even if we switch to a different vanilla weapon it doesn't work.

ok came home and tested using RHS spawn them as units and we were able to hear each others gun fire until we switched weapons at a crate and then silence. so this is something with BIS even if we switch to a different vanilla weapon it doesn't work.

Im going to try re-installing Arma 3 and removing all sound related mods I have. I can hear all the weapons that my guys spawn with, when they get weapons out of the VAS is when the problems start happening. Its just weird that others can hear almost everybody.

I already tried the reinstall didn't help me their is a bug report on the tracker for this though surprisingly only small amount of people have this problem

ok still getting this bug, bug tracker has it "reviewed" this showed up actually over a year ago. and still not been fixed, even in dev build i get this error.

Reinstalled Arma, no difference. Disabled my last remaining sound mod(super flash) no change. Will do more testing as this issue only appears to happen with weapons taken out of the virtual ammo box.

not just VAS, even if i create a mission with the weapon boxes in place it messes up and no one can here my sound, only weapons they hear are what i spawn with. doesn't matter the unit or weapon just whatever i spawn in orginally with is what they hear. if i wear switch weapons by any means VAS,Virtual Armory, Weapon Crates,Zues MCC nothing soon as the weapon is changed no sound.

ok tested more using JSRS i regain the ability to hear other plays shooter, but my buddy can only hear me if im shooting on FULL AUTO. but semi he hears nada. me i can hear both fully and semi auto

Same issue here. At first there were one or two members I could not hear gunfire from, however they could hear each other's weapons. Now on my public vanilla server with virtual arsenal, almost no one can hear each other's weapons.

I can hear my buddy's weapon until he switches rifles via from VAS, VA, or even if I drop mine on the ground for him, then I can't hear the weapon anymore unless it is firing in full auto (sometimes).

On my public server that is running with Task Force Radio, and Red Hammer Studios we are having the issue where no one can hear any other players weapons.

Steps to replicate:

Log into a server, have any other player switch their weapon, BAM! no sound from that player.

Steps to fix:

Validate Steam files, reinstall, switch from Dev branch and back, No mods, all mods, Switch server's versions, validate server's files, reinstall server, switch to dev on server.

I've looked all over the internet and the most common fix has been "Oh it just started working again...", if anyone knows a fix please help me out.

yea so the JSRS fix only helped one person and now doesn't help a different person this bug has been around for a freaking year and has been fixed this is a load of garbage. bout done with ArmA its always one thing after the next.

My buddies and I are also experiencing this problem. I'm going to do some more testing over the coming days.

Hopefully they'll fix this soon, or we'll find a workaround because it's quite game-breaking.

Like I mentioned and the link to the bug tracker on the youtube its been almost a year since it was first reported. Doubt it will be fixed soon. There gonna be to busy with their DLC to really care about the small number if us who suffer from this.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

What mods are all y'all using wanna know if we have any overlapping ones.

Just did more tests. Mods / no mods / VAS / normal ammo crates ... no difference. Change weapon: your buddies will most likely not hear you shoot.

Ya did all that already even reinstalled my server nothing this is a serious game breaking bug that should have taken precedence over a heli dlc. I guess I'm gonna have to start spamming the bug tracker to even get a response on the matter since this bug is about year olds now

Almost forgot to mention: not only the sound is missing, the muzzle flash and any form of animation is as well.

yes same for us it missing the ani and flash, all we get is the rounds hitting objects.

Little bit of a update still not working fully but w jsrs I'm able to hear some sounds here and there w.o it none at all when using respawn when your come back other players cannot hear your gun at all

Removing Task Force Arrowhead Raidio solved problem for our group. I'm pretty sure that problem lies in this mod because we weren't able to hear shots and see flash of those players who had TFAR enabled while most of us didn't.

Nope, it didn't. :(

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Yep, even without mods all gun sounds disappear after respawn, at least 3 people in our group experiencing this. :(

Edited by Semiconductor

We did some testing and figured out that we can hear gunshots (and see flashes) when every player is using exactly the same modset. It seems that mods running on the server is irrelevant to issue.

I hope that helps.

Like 100% exact mods what if you have just client side mods that differentiate does that matter?

because we tried with just Vanilla for us and it didnt work.

From my observations, small client-side mods like Virtual Arsenal (and probably JSRS) doesn't cause the bug but missing AGM/RHS/Task Force Radio do. I'm not sure which mods exactly were the cause of the issue because we were playing with same modsets except one or two times. Since that bug just occured out of the blue difference in mods may not affect it at all but we were able to play for four hours yesterday (different missions with and without respawn, RHS and HLC packs) without any problems.

My friend and I tried vanilla launched through Steam (we usually use PWS) and everything worked fine for us but we played around 5 or 10 minutes so I can't say for sure.

Edited by Semiconductor