bad benson

Enhanced Movement

just found this mod a couple of days ago  and now i have to say    WOW !!!! this should have been in Arma from the beginning !!! it completly changes the tactics in Arma III 

• Like 1

Hello 

I installed this mod but i got an error message : 

Script babe-int\func\ui\fn_submenu.sqf  Not Found

after if i try to lunch a mission or the editor, the game crach and go back to windows with this error message : 

Bad version 68 in p3d file 'babe_em\models\helper.p3d'

Can you help me because i didnt find a solution on internet.

Sorry for my english :)

your english is fine no worries.

both errors seem really strange. first one makes no sense since the file is there since it's being used fine by most people. just like the other main functions. it sounds a little like it's a mission specific thing maybe where the CfgFunctions stuff fails. please tell me in what mission this occured. i will take a closer look thoguh since it's the same file as froggyluv reported.

you should redownload the files or something. bad version p3d sounds like something is corrupt. although i'm wondering. are you on DEV branch? maybe BI changed the p3d format or something.

I get the submenu error also but its on Dev branch and doesnt seem to screw it up. Also for some reason EM doesnt work with the Whole Lotta Altis mission but Im guessing there are just to many things intializing there

interesting that this pops up for both of you suddenly. or did it always happen? i'd like to know the mission you played too. kinda scary to see CfgFunctions fail like that.

Bad version 68 in p3d file usually means an outdated/corrupt ArmA 3....happens a LOT with people that pirate the game....If you don't buy ArmA 3 on Steam, expect bugs to happen..just buy the game >.<

...and please, stop reporting errors if you don't own an up-to-date & legit copy of the game : you're wasting everyone's time.

Looked through and it seems that submenu.sqf is in Babe_core not Babe_int so maybe thats it

Excellent work !

Really love the new mobility and the excellent NVG effect (I mean the latest one) is a cool bonus ! :)

Looked through and it seems that submenu.sqf is in Babe_core not Babe_int so maybe thats it

ah dude. you just saved me some time. thx! makes total sense. it's no biggie but needs fixing. i basically moved stuff from _int to _core. so there is probably jsut some legacy config entry there. good find.

• Like 1

Could you make your Mod Zeus compatible. If I try to use the features of your mod while im controling a zeus unit it doesn't work. I hope you can fix that.

Could you make your Mod Zeus compatible. If I try to use the features of your mod while im controling a zeus unit it doesn't work. I hope you can fix that.

sadly that is hard to do since Zeus uses remote control instead of selectplayer (which is just like normal teamswitch in SP which should work fine with EM). i will try to find a solution for this later.

right now i'm focussing on making this mod feature complete though. so for anyone interested, these are the things i'm planning out/already working on at the moment:

- preparation of some balance measures for when Nexus comes and all balance achieved by the fatigue will be gone...namely. slower versions of all anims for heavier loads (this will be optional to allow all the parkour lovers to move fast still)

- implementation of helping someone up from above

- implementation of dropping down safely

most of this i already know exactly how to do (and it partly already is done) but tbh i slowed down a little to regain some motivation and energy. working on something really cool on the side though that has been hybernating on my p drive for ages and now finally came to fruition. i think it'll bring some extra fun and dimension to the game just like EM.

• Like 1

i play Ravage a lot myself and i never had a problem. it was one of the things i tested the savegame handling stuff on. i will do a double check now though. so basically the fatigue bar disappears but the rest works? i need a detailed description please. also, are you only using EM and Ravage? in general if you sue other mods too please list them so i don't have to ask everytime. just to make sure i fully understand. have you tried loading hte save again? sometimes after full game restart it can help.

Hi BB, as I said that I will test it only with Ravage, I've done it today. And stamina bar still doesnt show on loading previously saved game. I loaded the game multiple times and from various save points - no luck. I even tried Moduload by Outlawed to get it to re-initialize and it didnt work. Thing is, advanced movement is working - I can climb through windows and on top of objects, and vault over obstacles. The feature of stamina bar doesnt work however. I took a screenshot today so you can see what message I get:

http://i.imgur.com/Nqjw1rz.jpg

As you can see there is no stamina bar at the bottom and it is turned on in EM settings. Any ideas?

I think SP saves in Arma always had a problem with GUI related scripts - I remember having the same issue on an old project (custom UI wouldn't show up after quitting the game, re-launching & and reloading a save).

I'll see if I can find the files (and the fix) and get in touch with BB about it.

• Like 1

sadly that is hard to do since Zeus uses remote control instead of selectplayer (which is just like normal teamswitch in SP which should work fine with EM). i will try to find a solution for this later.

right now i'm focussing on making this mod feature complete though. so for anyone interested, these are the things i'm planning out/already working on at the moment:

- preparation of some balance measures for when Nexus comes and all balance achieved by the fatigue will be gone...namely. slower versions of all anims for heavier loads (this will be optional to allow all the parkour lovers to move fast still)

- implementation of helping someone up from above

- implementation of dropping down safely

most of this i already know exactly how to do (and it partly already is done) but tbh i slowed down a little to regain some motivation and energy. working on something really cool on the side though that has been hybernating on my p drive for ages and now finally came to fruition. i think it'll bring some extra fun and dimension to the game just like EM.

We can hope for compatible ACE3 with your mod in future?

Thanks!

working on something really cool on the side though that has been hybernating on my p drive for ages and now finally came to fruition. i think it'll bring some extra fun and dimension to the game just like EM.

Hopefully its AI using EM -that would be sick :P

Hopefully its AI using EM -that would be sick :P

*Having visions of zombies climbing everywhere*

:cc:

Love the movement possibilites and the mini mods! Is there a possibility to climb down from building roofs? Falling is not the best method.
And I get "No entrty 'bin\confing.bin/CfgGlasses.NVGoggles'." when I load a savegame and the nvgoggles are no more usable.
edit: the nvg thing is probably unrelated

Sorry for the super late reply BB.. !!\

I am just thinking about the mission based variables. outlined in the read me. 

EM_weightlimits = [300, 600, 900];
EM_fd_min_dam_h = 4;
EM_fd_mu = 1;

is there a way to set this in game, because i never saw that. 

what i was getting at is what if i wanted my client to be set at  a max fall height of 6m instead of 4m. and someone else wanted it set at 10... or 15. we would have to set that up in every mission to play with those values. rather then just inputting settings in your menu or into a userconfig one time.  and if i make a mission where i wanted to restrict this to a certain height then i can with the values set in the mission files.. that is all i was getting at. its more of a time saver. I personally dont always make "complete" Sp missions. sometimes its just a friently team against an enemy squad.. because i dont need respawn or have any use for setting up an init or description file.  as soon as i post this im going to go look at your ingame menu and see if there is something missed about inputting these settings.

Thanks again!! for your time and work!! loving @EM and await your raptor update !! :)

Good to see that the movement has been fixed when free falling, and your character no longer dies although I don't seem to gain any forward movement when using this mod, along with spookwar.

We can hope for compatible ACE3 with your mod in future?

Thanks!

would it be possible to provide some useful info? i can't take every single vague report and go try to find an issue i know nothing about. i personally don't use ACE but last time i briefly checked it seemed fine so i need some details.

Love the movement possibilites and the mini mods! Is there a possibility to climb down from building roofs? Falling is not the best method.

And I get "No entrty 'bin\confing.bin/CfgGlasses.NVGoggles'." when I load a savegame and the nvgoggles are no more usable.

edit: the nvg thing is probably unrelated

ye probably not related. i don't change anything in the NVG class. it all happens with scripts at run time.

i will defo add that stuff to the menu for SP players. jsut gotta fidn some time to check MP for exploit possibilities.

Good to see that the movement has been fixed when free falling, and your character no longer dies although I don't seem to gain any forward movement when using this mod, along with spookwar.

no idea what that means. are you talking about jumping? i'm sorry to say though that i can't possibly support compatibility with all kinds of stuff. i have no control of other people's code and they don't have over mine. it'S just hte nature of things. this mod madness is like with drugs. be careful when mixing. unexpected results very likely :lol: .

if i get very detaled reports that make me go "oh yea ofc! that will be the issue. i'll go right in there an fix it" there's a good chance but otherwise i just hope that most of the functionality is not breaking for you.

Sorry, I should have made myself a bit clearer, free falling as in HALO jumps, before any movement left or right, killed the player, now it's fine, the animations are all good, I just don't experience any forward motion during "free fall" from aircraft, if I use the W key.

oh? ok thx for the report. gonna have to look into that. it's with that other mod though yea?

This mod is awesome, it now feels weird to play without it.

Not sure if it had been mentioned but you regain full stamina after jumping. Hope it gets fixed cause I'm starting to get used to the bug to get my stamina back.

This is cool :) The more movement you can do in a tactical shooter, the better. Only complaint I could maybe level at it is that the animations seem quite fast, and I think it might be a better if they were slowed down a little so that performing these actions becomes a deliberate choice with consequences if caught in the act of performing them. 

• Like 1