bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Couple of issues.

NVG blur is too strong, it's like being nearsighted. I can't see the difference between a bush and an enemy at ranges over 30 metres.

Only way I knew it was an enemy was because he was shooting at me, bushes don't generally do that. He was standing in front of a white fence so should be clearly visible.

Some doors don't seem to open with the interaction key, blue doors in towns IIRC.

NVG effect is optional, there's an option in the menu.

some blue door in some town is not the greatest piece of information :P  got a screenshot?

Climbing and jumping over obstacles works and looks amazing so far. One think we talked about a few days ago though are the landing animations. I spent a good time today testing your mod together with TPW"s  FAll  which kicks in ragdoll animations after falling or jumping from a given height. The result was impressing and looked very realistic Would be cool if you could take a closer look at this too, :)

cheers and keep it up

i don't think i will do ragdoll things until there is a proper ragdoll command. tpw is SP oriented isn't it? this mod isn't. i'm not a fan of spawning invisible things jsut to make you ragdoll in an MP environment. that being said though. i will work some on the landing reactions. right now there's only the prone thing. i plan on adding a crouch one and eventually maybe my own animations. who knows.

here's a server of a friend that runs the mod always:

b_560_95_1.png

if anyone has a similar server, feel free to send me a PM and i will list it in the first post. i'm doing this because i realised how hard it is to find a server that runs a certain mod. hopefully BI will work on that. so this is for my own purpose too. would love to play this online myself :lol:

Wow, pretty impressive, looks very promising. I find the fluid interaction menu especially a great addition. Keep it up guys! :)

What's the A2 dumb mode? I don't see anything on this thread about it?

What's the A2 dumb mode? I don't see anything on this thread about it?

if you look at arma 2 doors, you will see an icon right in the middle of the door. that is actually a position of a vertex inside the model. i noticed when playing on arma 2 maps that these vertices are in crazy stupid places (just look for the hand and you will see). that's what that mode is for. it's less accurate since it only takes a certain distance. that's why it's called "dumb". didn't know what else to call it lol.

in normal mode it will actually take the angle at which you are looking at an icon so you can accurately pick the right action if several actions happen to be close to each other. it works awesomely if the model is set up properly. still sucks that the vertices still don't move with the animation of the door. BI just need to finally make a proper action menu thing so stuff like this can finally be in the past.

i will do some more documentation about some mission variables in the coming days too. a lot of stuff can be tweaked by mission makers and i will add more variables.

What's the trailer tune? ;) Great work, as always! I love the new interaction menu.

sorry i missed this one. it's called "heat" and is from the OST of mirror's edge.

• Like 1

NVG effect is optional, there's an option in the menu.

some blue door in some town is not the greatest piece of information :P  got a screenshot?

I did remove the PBO but it would be nice to have just the grainy effect.

About doors. I'm not so sure anymore, could have just been the distance to the door. I came upon some white doors in one house. First door wouldn't open even tho I was in range for the icon to pop up so I could open it with MM-button. But in that same house, another white door DID open with the keypress.

At the moment I'm suspecting the distance to door is very finicky and picky.

I did remove the PBO but it would be nice to have just the grainy effect.

About doors. I'm not so sure anymore, could have just been the distance to the door. I came upon some white doors in one house. First door wouldn't open even tho I was in range for the icon to pop up so I could open it with MM-button. But in that same house, another white door DID open with the keypress.

At the moment I'm suspecting the distance to door is very finicky and picky.

well yea teh distance is small. might have to increase it a little. i just want to avoid weird looks but i guess the range on normal actions is quite high too. when in doubt use the "dumb mode".

on the NVG. so just to be entirely clear. you want just one of the pp effects. so you want a separate setting for each effect so you can have no blur but grain? pretty picky tbh but can easily be done. jsut making sure i understand what you need.

well yea teh distance is small. might have to increase it a little. i just want to avoid weird looks

I havent looked at your code, but maybe it would be possible to have a dynamic distance with speed player (or velocity)?

_distance = (speed player max 0) min 5

Someone in a hurry (running right at the door) would have more time to open it and the code would be a little bit more forgiving in that situation.

Of course this doesn't really adress the above problem, but it could be a cool feature.. :)

I have been using this mod all of one day and already do not know how I have played without it. Makes moving through built-up terrain quick, easy, and adds so many new options to getting around the battlefield or running from zombies.

well yea teh distance is small. might have to increase it a little. i just want to avoid weird looks but i guess the range on normal actions is quite high too. when in doubt use the "dumb mode".

on the NVG. so just to be entirely clear. you want just one of the pp effects. so you want a separate setting for each effect so you can have no blur but grain? pretty picky tbh but can easily be done. jsut making sure i understand what you need.

I wouldn't mind blur if it wasn't so ...blurry...but if that isn't a possibility, I would love to use just the grainy effect.

Yesterday I was sniping targets at 3-400 m distance. I couldn't tell the difference between the asphalt and a soldier lying on the asphalt because of the blur. Until said soldier moved.

I have fullscreen NVG mod too. I like it that way.

The thing with the blur is that it reminds me of my vision when I have bad migraine headaches, everything is blurry, I can barely see.

I did find doors that doesn't open with the interaction key of @EM, I'll have to take pictures later.

I play mostly in Kavala and so far I've found 3 doors. Different colors and types.

Thanks for sending us the updated release and for providing us with all the up to date info :)

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Enhanced Movement v0.6 beta

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I wouldn't mind blur if it wasn't so ...blurry...but if that isn't a possibility, I would love to use just the grainy effect.

Yesterday I was sniping targets at 3-400 m distance. I couldn't tell the difference between the asphalt and a soldier lying on the asphalt because of the blur. Until said soldier moved.

well the idea behind it was to make it harder to see and make it more shitty so you don't use it 100% of the time like the vanilla one, which basically is just green brightness without drawbacks. if you look at some night vision footage on youtube you can see that it can be quite blurry. the problem is though that the blurriness seems to be depending on distance. that's hard to do with just blur.

i might have to dial it back a little or make it fade in from the sides. what i tried to do is create some out of focus effect but i think i will try to do it more dynamically. like changing its intensity and characteristics periodically or based on what you focus on.

but you can always turn off the effect if it bothers you though. it's hard to please everyone. not even gonna try. i don't really like the idea of too many options like that. seems overkill if you can disable it already. but it's WIP and i appreciate the feedback. will have more time now to do more with it.

I did find doors that doesn't open with the interaction key of @EM, I'll have to take pictures later.

I play mostly in Kavala and so far I've found 3 doors. Different colors and types.

well yea just do that then. otherwise i can't do much about it. just press F12. you can do it! i believe in you!

lol just kidding. it's just that a report is useless without repro data.

This is awesome BB, but I have a problem.  When I press space the context menu comes up.  Anyone know how to stop it?  (I can't see SPACE activating the menu - thats the problem)

This is awesome BB, but I have a problem.  When I press space the context menu comes up.  Anyone know how to stop it?  (I can't see SPACE activating the menu - thats the problem)

Press escape and on the bottom right of the screen you should get all the options to rebind it to something else

Just an idea would you consider talking with ACE 3 and maybe having it integrated in? Just it looks great and functions well. 

Great video (for some reason I kept thinking about the first Ghost Recon game)!

One tiny suggestion about Deadfast's 3rd person view : you might wanna set the camera a bit further behind the player, to avoid collision issues with the camera itself and the custom animations. ;)

• Like 1

Great video (for some reason I kept thinking about the first Ghost Recon game)!

One tiny suggestion about Deadfast's 3rd person view : you might wanna set the camera a bit further behind the player, to avoid collision issues with the camera itself and the custom animations. ;)

I had  been meaning too but your post got me off my butt

Pulled it back slightly and its pretty much perfect now... 

:)

here's a minor update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXid2UwZWVWaWpkcWs/view?usp=sharing

@foxhound: no news required. don't want to spam your frontpage for such minor changes. so file update should do since the mission maker info is in the readme. thx in advance.

changelog:

- weight limits have been "removed":

thx again to SerJames for brainstorming and feedback.

the limits can still be set by the mission makers but i felt the default state should not be restricting since fatigue already provides a penalty.

this will reworked once the Nexus update and stasmina are on stable

- NVG effects reworked:

i replaced blur with more dynamic "wet distortion effect" to get bloomy lights but keep sharpness overall

- NVG sound gets only played on goggles and not scopes

here's a guide for the mission variables so people can restrict functionality (for whatever reason) and customise things a little
 (this will be added to the first post too for future reference and will be included in the download)

this is a list of mission variables and what they do

--------------------------------------
weightlimits for Enahnced Movement
EM_weightlimits = [300, 600, 900];

execute this inside the mission for all players
with a delay to make sure babe_em has already been initialised before you do so.

(for example a trigger)

you can also do waituntil {!IsNil "babe_em_init"};

this example shows how the three weightlimits can work. the climbs and vaults

(except for the very lowest) are divided into 3 heights. so in this example,

if you have a load (loadabs player) over 900 you won't be able to get on/over

the (normally) biggest height. over 600 will not allow you to get on/over the

second biggest height and so on.

fall damage variables
EM_fd_min_dam_h = 4;
EM_fd_mu = 1;

execute this inside the mission for all players
with a delay to make sure babe_fd has already initialised before you do so.
(for example a trigger)

you can also do waituntil {!IsNil "babe_fd_init"};

the first variable is the height cap that will determine which fall height

will do damage at all. so any height below that number (in meters) will not
cause any damage.

the second variable is a simple damage multiplier. so by increasing the

value you can increase the damage output of the fall damage formular.

• Like 2

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

It's a nice work.

Actually redefined the way I will place objects in my missions when the Eden Editor will be released.

Actually, to being able to go on roofs, we just have the logic and obvious solution, so stairs, ladder, or in the most rarely occasion, parachute.

So, each solutions was really obvious.

But with this mod, we now can place objects close to some buildings, like crates, or containers, and just place them for giving an ambiance at the area, and this time, it's to the player to think to use it or not instead of an obvious solution.

I really prefer that, because when it's obvious, you know that will be usefull or necessary.

But here, even if you can climb on objects to reach a roof, that's not always usefull and can lead to an unwanted situation like being spotted and killed.

So it's a "Just you choice" solution.

That's really great for my stealth mission type.

And even if it's a Beta, it's already great.

Thanks for this work ! It's one of the things that missed on ArmA III gameplay !

Hye BB, any way these values can be worked into a userconfig file. For convenience sake... instead of having to input them into each mission clients can just set them personally ... and if a mission maker wants to restrict to a certain degree they can. 

Awesome Work, I have been awaiting the release of this mod for a while!! Adds a level of movement MUCH NEEDED in the battlefield of ARMA!! SOO Many THANKS given..

• Like 2

Armaholic mirror has been updated!

news_download_a3_3.png

Enhanced Movement v0.61 beta

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The addon are nice, but i not understand why have others things not related with movement, NVG, inventory acces, etc. The problem is that if I'm interested in the movements, but everything else gives me problems with other addons I use, so I can not use your addon. For me, in addon of movement, only search modifications about movement.

This is my feeback, thanks.

• Like 1