bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Thanks for sending us the updated release :)

As requested the new version is not frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage but our mirror has been updated.

news_download_a3_3.png

Arma: Enhanced Movement v0.1 beta

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

HI,

I've tested your mod, Its just awesome. Found no Bug so far even I've one suggestion though. The distance to interact with doors and ammoboxes seems to be a little short for my taste.

Keep on this amazong Work.

HI,

I've tested your mod, Its just awesome. Found no Bug so far even I've one suggestion though. The distance to interact with doors and ammoboxes seems to be a little short for my taste.

Keep on this amazong Work.

yea the distance might need slight tweaking. it's so short to avoid magical jedi powers but i might have to increase it a little. thx for the kind words and feedback.

I finally got my new car today. I spent 6 hours in public transportation each day up until today. Now got my life back :D

• Like 1

hotfix for the edge floating and the death from spawning slightly elevated (is the case in some missions)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiWlc3S29kWW9HVDQ/view?usp=sharing

also forgot to mention that this addon makes laser points visible without NVG and adds a ping! sound to the NVG and some grain and blur effects. remve pbos to disable (might add menu options too later)

there will be a proper armaholic news item once i finished a short release trailer and some small tuts/docs. all coming this weekend. stay tuned!

Hey nice release ! too bad no coop movement like you said on the youtube video it will take some times but np i will wait. Like the others i looooove the new movement i think ! going through a windows is so nice ! 
Anyway on my computer the NVG filter is to .... blurry but i love the sound , how can i fix this without removing the sound ?

Hey nice release ! too bad no coop movement like you said on the youtube video it will take some times but np i will wait. Like the others i looooove the new movement i think ! going through a windows is so nice ! 

Anyway on my computer the NVG filter is to .... blurry but i love the sound , how can i fix this without removing the sound ?

There is some coop movement ;)

Get a teammate to stand at a building too high to climb and climb on your teammate then make sure to press the button again to climb up over the ledge ;)

I have a vid incoming later today with some cool stuff 

Not sure about the nvg but I really like the blur effect... don't forget to equip a laser and turn it on on the daytime :)

Yep this is great stuff  -also really like the blurrier nvg as vanilla is just a little too clear aka boring.

• Like 1

no worries i will make it optional like the rest (setting in the menu). i also want to add a setting for laser pointer colour and stuff like that.

coop climbing works like normal climbing. just have a friend bend over (hurr hurr) and climb on his back, then from there climb again to the next place. simple. i didn't put any pulling up in since the resulting heights are mostly super high because you can climb quite high on your own so it would just make no sense. i also like the idea of a drawback in terms of just simple game rules/balance.

right now i'm resting from a month of non stop work on this and i will focus on documentation, some fancy release media and minor final touches over the weekend.

i hope you guys are having as much fun as i am climbing around discovering new places that were originally inaccessible. found a second floor window in Kavala that leads right onto a roof. pretty sure there's more like that :D

• Like 1

Yep this is great stuff  -also really like the blurrier nvg as vanilla is just a little too clear aka boring.

You better come play on the server soon. BB played with us last night and it was a hoot.  Absolutely no getting your buddy to bend over tho ;)... that's a rule and it will be enforced

• Like 1

as promised 

Feature video for BB

Hope you like it...

• Like 1

two things. i've noticed i haven't tested this enough above water. there is an issue with position format there. on it now.

also some thoughts on balance: there are optional weight limits that ar set to not noticable at the moment. i will document that shortly. animations do fatigue now and since fatigue is based on carried weight i thought that's enough for now. i will however rework the whole system once stamina hits stable. since i have to remove some fatigue based things by then anyways.

Hello, I've been following this since you first started this topic and have waited for a fairly stable release.

First off; Great work this looks very promising to become a must have add-on.

Questions, suggestions and observations:

I can not figure out if holstering my weapon does anything, maybe it's just for visuals. Though it could be a way to do some balance elements, letting only players with holstered weapons make those high climbs.

I think climbing over tall fences and walls are a bit too fast, maybe it should take between .5 and 1 extra second to complete. Potentially high wall climbs would result in you landing with face towards the wall as you 'had to drop your self down' instead of jumping off the top.

There needs to be a way to climb down in some fashion.

Falling damage as I gather you are working on, could if possible be redone so that you hurt your legs instead of death when you jump off stuff from realistic heights. Possibly force prone as you land too.

The jump into vehicle slots is a neat idea and a lot better than the 'Action menu', some vehicle, like the slammer, are missing a box for the commander seat.

As have been said there needs to be fatigue penalty for doing everything, but as fatigue is currently being overhauled I would wait until things get sorted out.

--------------

Beware of having your add-on be to broad. I would rather have the option to opt out of some off the extra side features, in many cases have I chosen not to use a mod because the author added an extra feature that had nothing to do with the core concept. Maybe release then as their own thing. At least have them as default off.

Never the less I did like the laser pointing change, I thought that I would not but I did. It suffers a bit from being out of alignment with where the bullet this but this is true for the normal 'nv only'' laser so yeah. The dot is to big and a bit too blurry in my opinion.

---------------

The animations are sweet and my arma eye is well trained in animation observation to auto filter out any minor clunkiness.

Can you force the fatigue options server side? As I don't want people to be able to turn it off.

Thanks for modding!

Soda

I can not figure out if holstering my weapon does anything, maybe it's just for visuals. Though it could be a way to do some balance elements, letting only players with holstered weapons make those high climbs.

that is what this feature will be there for at some point. but it's a little underdeveloped atm. but my plan was to limit helping someone up to having your hands freed. still WIP. also make sure to bind the self-interaction and the normal interaction to different keys since i accidently have themon the same key by default. but that's what the menu is for.

I think climbing over tall fences and walls are a bit too fast, maybe it should take between .5 and 1 extra second to complete. Potentially high wall climbs would result in you landing with face towards the wall as you 'had to drop your self down' instead of jumping off the top.

feedback noted. balance might get more detailed in the future. it's pretty basic right now. i might do it via a module or optional variables though since i have also several request to not restrict things since some people just like to go parkour all over without limitations, which i can totally understand :lol:

There needs to be a way to climb down in some fashion.

already on the todo list. one of the most requested features. will come in the next milestone update in a few weeks. just ironing out all the stuff i missed at the moment. after that i can start adding features again. so stay tuned on that one.

Falling damage as I gather you are working on, could if possible be redone so that you hurt your legs instead of death when you jump off stuff from realistic heights. Possibly force prone as you land too.

ya fall damage is pretty raw at the moment. the main goal was to get rid of deaths caused by ridiculous default arma damage. so i think i achieved that. it's a bit too forgiving sometimes now though since ther is no drop down feature yet. so it will change when that comes. the landing on your face is already in. it just happens at a too large height. so you need to be a little more courageous to see it in action :P

The jump into vehicle slots is a neat idea and a lot better than the 'Action menu', some vehicle, like the slammer, are missing a box for the commander seat.

oh. thx for the report. it has also been repor4ed that the menu isn't there on boats. just some sloppiness on my side from working on so many areas at the same time. on it!

--------------

Beware of having your add-on be to broad. I would rather have the option to opt out of some off the extra side features, in many cases have I chosen not to use a mod because the author added an extra feature that had nothing to do with the core concept. Maybe release then as their own thing. At least have them as default off.

Never the less I did like the laser pointing change, I thought that I would not but I did. It suffers a bit from being out of alignment with where the bullet this but this is true for the normal 'nv only'' laser so yeah. The dot is to big and a bit too blurry in my opinion.

---------------

yes indeed. there will be options in the menu added in today's release. not trying to force anything at all. in fact. the laser and NVG were just some little fun side projects testing out my custom EH framework. so no worries. EM is the core and the rest will always be optional.

thx for the detailed feedback. this is really useful to me so thank you for taking the time. i should probably add a planned features list since i think i forgot to add it here (should be on the steam workshop page) so everyone knows what is already planned.

EDIT:

Can you force the fatigue options server side? As I don't want people to be able to turn it off.

there is code for that in place but i noticed some issues when playing on someone's dedi. pls test if it works and report back.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :)

As requested the new version is not frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage but our mirror has been updated.

news_download_a3_3.png

Arma: Enhanced Movement oct 23 2015b

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thx for that. sorry for being picky. it's almost 100% stable now. just reworked the fall damage formular entirely to make it more reliable and flexible (custom mission maker variables). it was quite messy since i jsut needed somethign that works ok quickly.

• Like 1

sorry for being picky.

No need to be sorry, please! It is your content so you are the one deciding how it should be forwarded. I only added that to clearly indicated to you and other readers it is not visible on the homepage for a certain reason.

Once you feel its ready we post it ;)

This plus Ravage is f*****g perfect......Thank you.  

• Like 1

here's a little release trailer to go with the release news

excuse the bandicam watermark (apparently you can't simply make a picture overlay in movie maker :angry: ), FPS stutter and bad graphics settings but this is the best i could do with my crappy pc :lol: just intended as a simple feature showcase anyways.

here are the latest files for all non steam users: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiaHZEVUUzLVpmd0U/view?usp=sharing

the armaholic files will be updated soon. steam is uptodate.

thx for all the kind words. have fun guys.

• Like 8

What's the trailer tune? ;) Great work, as always! I love the new interaction menu.

Couple of issues.

NVG blur is too strong, it's like being nearsighted. I can't see the difference between a bush and an enemy at ranges over 30 metres.

Only way I knew it was an enemy was because he was shooting at me, bushes don't generally do that. He was standing in front of a white fence so should be clearly visible.

Some doors don't seem to open with the interaction key, blue doors in towns IIRC.

Climbing and jumping over obstacles works and looks amazing so far. One think we talked about a few days ago though are the landing animations. I spent a good time today testing your mod together with TPW"s  FAll  which kicks in ragdoll animations after falling or jumping from a given height. The result was impressing and looked very realistic Would be cool if you could take a closer look at this too, :)

cheers and keep it up